Pirate 4x4 banner

1922 20" 6 ft BED AMERICAN TOOL ROOM LATHE

962 views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  SPEEDCRAVIN 
#1 ·
Anybody know anything about this thing. I have a chance to get a free one that needs repair.

#5 ·
I've run a 50" swing American from around this era. It was a sweet machine, but far from ergonomic. You practically had to be on your knees to reach any of the feeds. I dunno how the 20" would be, but what I'm hinting at is that ease of use and/or ergonomics may not have been fully understood in the 1920's. Not that that should stop you; with some creativitiy you can usually work around these things, build new levers to elevate certain controls, etc etc.

The old green boys are sweet......if I ever came across an American at a decent price I'd jump on it. I've also run a 14x30 which has the footprint of most newer 20x60's. It's huge and it'll happily take heavy cuts all day long.....and cut straight as an arrow.

#7 ·
I saw that this morning and if it was not so far away I would have gotten it. I wish it was listed a couple weeks ago cause I run back and forth to Dallas some...

Even if it was just the bed I have a use for it...

Go get it and if you decide its not what you want then let me know and i will pay you for your trouble and pick it up next time I am down there...

I'm serious about the above offer...

JOSH

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.