Pirate 4x4 banner

Picked up some BLING

2K views 12 replies 11 participants last post by  sn0border88 
#1 ·
my old auto helmet took a dump, so I picked up some BLING.

Man have these helmets improved over the last 5 years. :smokin:

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
Whoa dude thats one bad ass rat rod. Is it going to stay "rat" style?

#7 ·
Oh yeah, forgot nice helemt too! :D

#9 ·
Thats a Miller "Performance Series"

I used a new Miller "Hobby Series" (the step below what you have) and was not so excited about it. The on/reset button had to be pushed every time you started to weld again after 10-20 minutes without welding. My 7 year old Hobart auto darkening helmet seems to be a bit more convent in that aspect. I'm interested in your experiences with the Performance Series.

#12 ·
I just started a tig welding class, I picked my Miller Performance helmet up for a bit under $100 brand new through the program that I signed up through (state picks up 1/2 the bill). 3 sensors, adjustable sensitivity, delay for pulsed welding or when the steel is still bright white afterwards up to a second after the arc extinguishes. When I'm done with it, I turn the sensitivity to "grind" which effectively turns the helmet off. All the guys in the shop either loved their miller or hated their ebay special and recommended to get the miller. With ~8 hours of use so far this week I love it, I wouldn't want to go back to a fixed lense

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.