Pirate 4x4 banner

Mayhew prybars?

2K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  86k30 
#1 · (Edited)
anyone got any experience with mayhew prybars?

i'm looking for set of prybars (i own cheap ones at the moment) and found a set of Mayhew Dominators at a decent price localy, they seem of good quality with comfortable composite type handles, hefty, strait through handle stock with striking caps. The set also has a decent large size at around 30 inches, not a crappy 18" or 22" large size.

Mac also has a 3 piece set on sale this month in there flyer with a decent large size, up until today i WAS going to buy this set next week.

I did a search on mayhew and found a few select posts, not enough to make a good/bad comparison by though. I've used there chisels and punches and like them...prybars are a different ballgame.

#5 ·
I've got the Mayhew 3 pc sets in both straight and curved. I really like 'em. I like the rubber-ish handle which allows for better grip when oily, and the striking cap is definitely a nice feature. I got the straight set on a great clearance deal thru Sears.com at the same time (not coincidentally I'm sure) Craftsman brought out a line of pry bars which appears very similar.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.