Pirate 4x4 banner

Does anyone know where to get parts for an Armstrong Blum bandsaw?

859 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  brewchief 
#1 ·
I know there are a lot of machining geeks/gurus that hang out on this board.
A neighbor gave me this saw and other than having been out in the rain for a few years, it is in pretty good condition. It does work.
If I can get it spruced up it will be a big improvement over the HF/Ramco horizontal band saw I am currently using.
It is an Armstrong Blum vertical bandsaw. From my web searches I found that this is the company that makes Marvel saws.
I can't seem to pin down what year this saw was made. I don't have a model number either. There is a plate on the saw that says 130. Maybe that is the model? The number 1917 is also cast into the saw, I suppose that could also be the model or the year of manufacture, but I don't really think it is that old. My best guess is that it might be 60 years old or so. But I am no expert.
What I reall need is some blade guides. They look like regular cam followers, but one has a shoulder on it. I have struck out at the regular industrial supply places. They haven't seen a cam follower like these.
I am going to try and post some pics to help in identification.
Is there a way to post pics without a red star? maybe I need to make a link to photobucket or something.

See less See more
#2 ·
No idea, but pics would help. Yes, you can hotlink with photobucket, use the tags (or just click on the mountain icon and paste the link to the pic)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.