Pirate 4x4 banner

Hurco cnc knee mill (Might sell it to someone here)

2K views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  MC 
#1 ·
Scored this knee mill from 3M. They had honeywell calibrate it. The backlash readings from 05' were extremely tight and it appears to have had very little use. The meter on the back says 14,000hrs and I guess this is power on which isnt much for a cnc mill. It had a 4th axis and the Y axis ballscrew nut was a little noisy so we removed it for rebuilding. I personally have never rebuilt a ballscrew but I hear its not that bad. Apparently the machine is able to be DNC'd (direct numerical control) which means you can program complex moves and feed it into the machine. It has a beefy ballscrew on the Z axis as well. We played around a little before pulling the Y axis ballscrew. Machine weighs about 4200lbs and has a 4hp spindle motor. Its missing the table handle for raising and lowering but I believe a bridgeport handle will fit. We like to go through our machines thouroughly to see if their is any issues. We currently replace everything that goes wrong. Their is one fadal in the background with a blown spindle drive :eek: I am not sure if we will sell this one or keep it in the corner for msc projects but it is open to offers. This would be a fun tool for a hobbyist!

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.