Snap On FH80 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > General Tech > Shop and Tools
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2008, 08:02 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 47848
Snap On FH80

Anyone have any experience with the new 80 tooth comfort handle ratchets? I'm looking to get one and wanted any feedback. The FH is the length I want, my current ratchets are a little worn and short. I've seen some on eBay, new, and shot the shit with a Snap On guy I saw down the street. He couldn't give me a price because I wasn't sure what model I'd want.

1999 4Runner
4x4mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 08:33 PM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 37431
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4mike View Post
Anyone have any experience with the new 80 tooth comfort handle ratchets? I'm looking to get one and wanted any feedback. The FH is the length I want, my current ratchets are a little worn and short. I've seen some on eBay, new, and shot the shit with a Snap On guy I saw down the street. He couldn't give me a price because I wasn't sure what model I'd want.
Awesome!! I bought an FH80, loved it then bought a long 3/8 flex head, a 72 tooth 1/4" flechead and then one of the SH80 1/2" ratchets. Careful if you buy one, you will want more. I bought a couple on ebay for good deals and a few from the truck. They are great for the money.
silveradoreb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-02-2008, 08:48 PM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 47848
I'm a little afraid to start the Snap on buying. I've got a 40" roller and 3 piece roll box full so I know a little about the tool addiction. I was looking at the flex heads because everyone seems to like them. I have never used one but don't think I'd like it. Something about the head always flopping around and making it hard to get a good grip on a nut or bolt. I know it would excel in tight spaces but I've never had the need and if so I've got other tools to fill the gap.

1999 4Runner
Old 12-03-2008, 06:09 AM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 37431
I felt the exact same about flexheads. Once I bouught one, it was a different story. About the only way I could get the fill plug on my np263 in my Dmax was the 11" snap on Flexhead dual 80, cause of the xfer case cross member. Look around on ebay for a deal and try one. The heads do not flop, they can be tightened on snap on
s too.
silveradoreb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 06:49 AM   #5 (permalink)

Member # 47848
I may have to look for some. I was at Lowes over the holiday and saw that they have a bunch of different kind that weren't too expensive. I haven't really needed one yet so I'm not in a hurry. I just didn't want to drop a bunch of money on a high end one with out trying them out.

1999 4Runner