Anybody know a source for toolbox drawer slides? - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > General Tech > Shop and Tools
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2009, 04:16 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 12499
Anybody know a source for toolbox drawer slides?

I have an older MAC toolbox with Accuride drawer slides. Yes, I know, I should be able to specify replacements from that, but I don't wanna end up ordering piles of parts, only to find I fawked up.

The box is probably 20 years old and the tag with the P/N is gone so I don't know if MAC will be able to help me much, if not at all.

C'mawn! I know one of you crafty guys has replaced the slides in his toolbox! Lemme in on the secret source! Please.

PT
PTSchram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 07:53 PM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 42330
Accuride is a big name in drawer slides. You should be able to find suitable replacements from any woodworking supply house, as that is where they are normally used. Here are a couple bigger guys around me, I have no clue where you are so I can't say if this helps. If you could talk to a rep who knew their ass from a hole in the ground, they could probably set you up.

www.richelieu.com/index.php

www.baersupply.com

Might also help to google accuride distributors. If you have a part number, they might be able to cross reference it and find something that will work.

If you feel like being a crafty guy, go to lowes or home depot and buy some appropriate ball bearing slides. Do what you need to to make them work. They are generally pretty standard so it shouldn't take much to fit any generic slide in there.

Matt
keebler303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-04-2009, 07:33 AM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 12499
Thanx Matt, but if they bore a part number or ANY identifying info, I'd go that route.

The way the drawers are made, I think the slides might have to be just right for the mounting points to line up, but then again, we do claim to be fabricators around this site so I guess I don't have an excuse.

I do like the idea of taking one off and carrying it with me to try to match up, I'll give that a try later today!

Thanx!
PTSchram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 06:20 PM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 119189
How many do you need and what size? I have a source for them from a freight salvage place. PM me Tim
astjp2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 12:41 PM   #5 (permalink)
Uzin' toolz

Member # 84339
slight hijack - where would be a good place to get some heavy duty drawer slides - 20-22" long, full extension, ~400lbs capacity? Ball bearing is a huge plus
your retarted.
For the best deal on 8 lug disc brakes click here--> www.lugnut4x4.com
Pt_Ranger_V8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 12:59 PM   #6 (permalink)

Member # 42330
The places I mentioned above can get them. You could also try any local woodworking shop. Most of them have accounts setup and place orders on a regular basis. I know you can get some pretty beefy slides. My dad had some which where 48" extension 750 lbs rating I think. He made a big pullout drawer for the back of his pickup. About an 8" tall drawer sitting on the bed and then you can still pile stuff on top.

Matt
keebler303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 06:22 PM   #7 (permalink)

Member # 98117
Still looking for Accuride drawer slides?

I have cases of Accuride Drawer slides I bought at an auction for my kitchen they are Accuride part # 2434 (google for ratings and details) if you are still looking send me a message.
CarrotMobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 06:45 PM   #8 (permalink)
D60
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 6398
Work in a sheetmetal shop, they fab all their own boxes and cabinets. Seems they order most slides from MSC or Grainger.
Old 02-16-2009, 11:25 PM   #9 (permalink)

Member # 14536
www.woodworker.com is where I get all my stuff like that. Sign up for a free catalog.......
Hutchew is offline   Reply With Quote