OXO mig gun question - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > General Tech > Shop and Tools
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2009, 05:25 PM   #1 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 63442
Send a message via AIM to 85jeepn
OXO mig gun question

I have an oxo apx40 mig gun that came with the welder I just bought. I have looked all over the net trying to find out more about this gun. I know that oxo and Bernard are the same company or at least they are connected. Is there a site that I haven't found yet? My question is, what is this gun rated at? Is there any place on the net that shows this gun and part numbers for consumables (tips, liners, ect). Is this gun worth a crap, or do I just need to go to the local welding store and ask them. I don't go there to ask much, you ask them a question trying to learn something and they act like you are a complete moron. Thanks for any help guys.
Old 03-06-2009, 12:22 AM   #2 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 113418
Talking

OXO guns at least in this neck of the woods are as rare as hens teeth.

If you could tell us more information on the welder was it a new purchase brand new welder.

Used welder you just picked up . If new you should be able trace it back through the welder manufacture

I will ask some questions at the welding distributors I visit today.

Oxo had been bought by Illinois tool company weather it still is being run I don`t know . or has become a division of Bernard.

I will get back after work.

As for your local welding distributor I have seen in the past that counter people can be like that because to some it is just a job you tell them what you want they look up a number give you what the book, computer tells them to even if it is wrong. Miss packed most would not know.

On the other hand some will go out of there way to help as far as downloading and printing owners manuals.

some really have to deal with all kinds of idiots also I have seen so much I can only take so much I gotta just walk away.

Last edited by Wyoming9; 03-06-2009 at 12:33 AM.
Wyoming9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-06-2009, 02:59 PM   #3 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 113418
Talking

Oxo Phone # 800-946-2281 or 320-762-7311

If you just need consumables you could go to profax

If you have any problems Pm me and I will see what we can do. If you need things I was told we will sell at our cost and have them shipped direct to you. you would pay the shipping .

You will like this most people I talked to today were clueless about OXO products at all
Wyoming9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 06:24 PM   #4 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 63442
Send a message via AIM to 85jeepn
Thanks for taking the time to try to find some info for me. I was told by a friend about a welding shop that is about 50 miles from here, so I went there today to see if they could help. He was very informative. Appearently when ITW bought Hobart, OXO bought the Hobart guns, then Bernard bought OXO.

They even had a bag of diffusers an .035 tips on the shelf for my gun. Which he said is actully a pretty good heavy duty gun. (400 amp) They didn't have any nozzles so if you could get me about three of them and maybe two more diffusers since I only bought one when I should have bought three, just to make sure i have enough spares to last me a long time since I won't be welding that much. Just making sure I have enough spares to last in case it gets even harder to find replacements for this gun.

Part # Diffusers D114Q The receipt shows BERD114Q Would like 2 of these.
Nozzle N1058Q that number is right off the nozzle it self. 3 of these.

Let me know how to order these and pay for them.

Thanks again for all your help and time Wyoming9