Looking for a truck to build a stock mini for LOORs regiional - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > General Tech > Short Course
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2011, 09:51 AM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 77524
Looking for a truck to build a stock mini for LOORs regiional

Anyone have anything they want hauled away? I am in Temecula out side of San Diego and plan to build a truck for Glen Helen next season.
ensmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 06:43 AM   #2 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 21750
I don't have a truck to give away but, I know of 4 trucks being built for next season. My buddy is all fired up to build one, as well. I think if all the trucks that are supposely being built are finished, next season should be have a big turn out.

**ROCKBRAWLERS**
jedrattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-06-2011, 09:50 AM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 3988
Send a message via AIM to scouter77
There's some new ones out there in the ASCC lucas regional but not many. Honestly they don't look that fun to drive. It is kind of cool to see the SDHQ/Hellion rivalry out there and I really do hope this turns into a builder's class.

I thought about building a mini stock but everyone I spoke w/ in AZ regarding this class said to go fullsize. Reason being, gofast parts are cheaper and more available, putting a cage, shocks, electrical, etc. in either will be about a wash on cost.
scouter77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 07:32 AM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 80664
Quote:
Originally Posted by scouter77 View Post
There's some new ones out there in the ASCC lucas regional but not many. Honestly they don't look that fun to drive. It is kind of cool to see the SDHQ/Hellion rivalry out there and I really do hope this turns into a builder's class.

I thought about building a mini stock but everyone I spoke w/ in AZ regarding this class said to go fullsize. Reason being, gofast parts are cheaper and more available, putting a cage, shocks, electrical, etc. in either will be about a wash on cost.
Both trucks will be fun to drive, both should be economical to operate, full-size might cost a little more to build just because they are wider/longer (more material).

I'd recommend full-size just based on strength of stock parts, easy access to cheap parts, more head/leg room in the cab to work with (safer for occupants also). Downside is the trucks are heavier, wider, taller,etc (make sure it will fit on your trailer and in your garage...)

Here's a link to a full-size 1986 Bronco I built:
http://s246.photobucket.com/albums/g...tock%20Bronco/

One of these days I wlil make a build thread....

Last edited by fuggy; 10-07-2011 at 07:34 AM.
fuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 10:12 PM   #5 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 112829
Sur is pretty!
Old 10-08-2011, 08:50 AM   #6 (permalink)

Member # 77524
Thought about going stock full size but I am in SoCal and they are not running it here yet.
ensmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 11:17 AM   #7 (permalink)

Member # 197694
Quote:
Originally Posted by ensmyers View Post
Thought about going stock full size but I am in SoCal and they are not running it here yet.
Build the first one and you'll be the Godfather of Full stockers in So-Cal. Im sure our guys would come out and play a couple of times next year.

Last edited by JONES23; 10-08-2011 at 11:17 AM.
JONES23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 11:18 AM   #8 (permalink)

Member # 173782
If there were a few trucks, we would cruise out to dice it up with the full size stock trucks.
SDHQ GOODGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 03:30 PM   #9 (permalink)

Member # 204437
I was looking into building a stock fullsize to race but didnt make it to the races this year for a idea of the turn out and how much the rules are followed. How do i find the schedule for next year and the rules
oneoff81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 11:32 AM   #10 (permalink)

Member # 3988
Send a message via AIM to scouter77
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneoff81 View Post
I was looking into building a stock fullsize to race but didnt make it to the races this year for a idea of the turn out and how much the rules are followed. How do i find the schedule for next year and the rules
http://www.arizonashortcourse.com/20...ck%20print.pdf

There's the rulebook for full stock in AZ, which I am sure is subject to change since they're between seasons. You'd need to contact a race coordinator to see how tight the rulebook is followed.
scouter77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 04:05 PM   #11 (permalink)

Member # 80664
The AZ regional races should release a 2012 schedule soon. This year most of the events were April-Nov. I am hearing good things about the courses for next year!