Pirate 4x4 banner

AZ Short Course Racing

12K views 68 replies 20 participants last post by  azhayseed 
#1 ·
#40 ·
Its also good to let my tiny radiator cool down a bit!

#41 ·
Good times:smokin:

except for Marks carnage

#42 ·
Yes, short-course racing incorporated a mandatory yellow halfway through the main races in order to group everyone back up and make a better show for the fans. Everyone loves a restart (well, fans do, anyway!), and when you are used to it, you can definitely use it as part of your strategy. :)

I have a bunch of pics from the heat races.....they will go up on the ASCC website soon. It was great to see everyone come out and race with us!! The windstorm is the only reason it wasn't a perfect night of racing!

#43 ·
This was my first SC race so was just curious of why they did that..... I have to say though this sucked a little when you are mixed in with other classes and the cars from other class you passed in those 8 laps moved back in front of you, to have to fight to pass them again in 4 laps..

I had a great time though... will be back:):)

#44 · (Edited)
i dont think he was supposed to do that... again, im not sure but i think you are supposed to stay in the same order you are in, but just group back up... exception is if you are a lap back you can haul ass and catch up so you are on the lead lap(at least ive seen pros do that at the big events)

#46 ·
It was a hell of a good time! It was definately an experience I will not forget. I was not planning on running the main after the crash:shaking:, I am glad you guys talked me back into going for it :smokin:

#48 ·
Probably the best ASCC event I've been to yet. What was everyone's take on the response times of the rescue rigs getting out on the course to the drivers? From the stands it looked like a pretty wild ride for sure. SCCA does things a bit different curious how everyone else feels on the matter.

#50 ·
Thanks for the shock tuning. Next race is Oct 1st.:grinpimp:

#55 ·
UP NEXT:

Firebird Track November 12th! Post up if you need more info.

This is the last race of the ASCC season, so it should be a great turn-out and the weather will likely be perfect. :)

#57 ·
Day started with 7 "formula 4x4s" wayland was obviously out after practice, and todd was out after practice or the heat with a flat tire(no spare) and tranny issues, In the heat race Nick won, Jack got second, and I dont remember the rest:homer: In the Main it was a crazy race, and were down to 4 4x4s (now hayseed was out with cooling issues) so Joe lined up next to jack and nick next to mark. Nick quickly got out in front and was dicing it up with the other class leaders, and mark, joe and jack were all pretty well matched and at the mandatory caution it was mark, jack then joe... Jack got a real good restart:laughing: and was 3rd overall behind the fastest truck in the other class and nick... but nicks buggy had some sort of fuel or ignition issues and had to pull off track, so jack and joe were fighting for second overall, till joe lost second gear... then jack was fighting off the 1418 as long as he could, but got passed on the second to last lap to end up third overall and first in class.(again... 5 races, 5 wins... not too shabby)

Awards banquet was awesome! food was good and prizes were great! unfortunately we didnt win anything in the raffle, but jack (and all the other truck class champions) did get team associated SC10 r/c cars:grinpimp:

#60 ·
#62 ·
Congrats to Jack on sweeping all the 4x4 races he entered! :smokin: I got to watch the finale and it was exciting for sure! Got some video and pics I will post up later. For people that have never raced short-course before, it can be just as hard on parts as a desert race...if not harder. :eek:

My #17 stock truck did great, was able to qualify 2nd and got a good starting position for the main event. Started 2nd and held onto 3rd (barely) for the final race. Broke a shock off the front with 3-4 laps to go, so my jumps/landings were akward. Good times were had. Excited to see all the classes growing each race!

#64 ·
The finale for this season of the Lucas Oil/ASCC Regionals was of epic proportions. With over a 100 racers and 300 Banquet attendees this race was one to remember. Crashes, battles and loses, Tailgunner Media was there to capture it all!

Lucas Oil/ASCC Regional Finale - TAILGUNNER MEDIA - YouTube

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.