Pirate 4x4 banner

The 4405 MFS/Land-use buggy KOH RACE-A-THON!

27K views 123 replies 39 participants last post by  offroad_joe 
#1 · (Edited)
Introducing: The 4405 MFS RACE-A-THON!

For the King of the Hammers 2010, we are taking pledges to land-use organizations depending on how far the 4405 land-use buggy makes it in the race!

YOU pick the amount pledged per mile and YOU pick the organization to donate too!

KOH is 135 miles long this year, so if you pledge 20 cents per mile, that's $27 to the organization you picked as long as Travis makes it thru the entire race!

Directions:

1. Pledge anything you would like per mile made in the 4405 during KOH, and pick the organization you will pledge too.

2. If you do not have a pirate4x4.com log-on, you may e-mail your pledge to me: kurt@friendsofeldorado.com and I will post your name here unless you want it anonomous.

We will take pledges up until Febuary 11th, and I will also be taking pledges on the lakebed... Please pay your pledge amount by March 1st.

Help keep public lands open to the public!

THANK YOU!

Kurt

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
For every mile made by Travis Carpenter in the 4405 MFS Land-use buggy:

I pledge $1.00 (Possible total $135) to the Blue Ribbon Coalition.

If Travis wins KOH in the 4405:

I pledge an addtional $200 to BRC (total of $335)

Gutter Ball (<20 miles made)

I pledge $50 to BRC

EDIT: Many people are not aware that my team, OV ROCKSPORTS, has another driver: Brian Tilton in the LCQ.

If Brian Tilton makes the main race: I pledge $100 to the Friends of Eldorado National Forest.

#4 · (Edited)
Great idea, Kurt!
If you can, please work up a more approved list of who can take donations... I'm more inclined to donate to an approved non-profit that pays the non-profit and helps with taxes, and I've seen first-hand the complexities of fund-raising for organizations that aren't non-profits, and the IRS audits to the organizers that can follow.

I'll pay $2.50/mile that Travis completes in his MFS Land-Use buggy, in donation to the Rubicon Trail Foundation. There's no need for a gutter bid -- I know Travis, Stephy, Trout, and MFS will get him to the starting line and well into the race!

Randii

#5 ·
Awesome, flippin' Awesome idea Kurt. You keep coming up with these winner ideas, all in the spirit of saving trails. And choosing BlueRibbon Coalition as your primary non-profit donation is absolutely the right idea, as we need to build that big dog into the baddest dog in the country. Not just for one trail; but for our entire sport, and only BRC is all sports; all states; all trails.

So let's keep the BlueRibbon pledges coming as our primary fund-raiser. I'm in, as always. But yes, for those who are not individual members of BRC or choose to support something else, that's cool too. It's all about access.

Congrats, Kurt. This may be one of your best ideas yet.
I'll get the word out elsewhere as well, including the BlueRibbon magazine.

thanks, Del

#6 ·
WOW.. This is awesome. Thanks guys. Not only is Trav excited to do this pledge a thon but also that this race will mean so much more to him than just a race. He will be helping save our public lands. So everyone lets get those pledges going. woohoo!

#115 ·
I pledge $1.00 to "Pulic Lands for the People" Eldorado National Forest legal fund.

http://www.plp2.org/index.html
I'll be sending an even $100 to PLP by the end of the month.

An update for PLP...

Next week we have 2 hearings in Sacramento, on the 22nd of Feb 2010 we are in Federal court on our Eldorado Travel Mangement Plan Complaint to stop forest road closures. On Feb 25, 2010 we are again in Sacramento for another hearing on the Federal Lawsuit against the Ca. Dept. of Fish and game and the state California on SB 670, the Bill which put the moratorium on suction dredge mining in the state of California. The PLP attorney and I will be at both hearings, hope to see some of you there.
We have a lot on our plate and I would hope that all of you continue your financial support. If you feel that you can send just a couple of dollars donation to PLP so we can continue these cases, I can assure you that it is needed and will be much appreciated. we need to revitalise our legal fund

Thank You

Jerry

#9 ·
Hey Travis, post up and tell us how many miles YOU THINK you will go? That is, FINISH line or not, dude?????:grinpimp::smokin: Just kidding. You know we're really rooting for you.

you BE MY Hero, dude.
thank you,
Del
(oh, yea, thank you too, Kurt).:evil:

#117 ·
OK, $250 to RTF, check made out today. As a bonus, $250 to CORVA for their Route Des workshops, just 'cause.

I know you're dissapointed not to finish, Travis. I hope the incredible work you did here is some consolation.

Craig, sorry to hear about your job.

#11 ·
Kurt, my man, your idea is spreading FAST. I think folks see the value in this; not only for the race/rock get-it factor, but for the Travis, MFS, land use factor as well. This is bitchen.

Travis and us are bringing "value" to the race, as well as attention. Land use gets attention; KOH gets even more attention. This is good stuff.

thanks again.
I blogged it all over the place, including my blog here: http://jeepndel.blogspot.com/2010/01/land-use-pledge-for-king-of-hammers.html

thanks, Del

#14 ·
For every mile made by Travis Carpenter in the 4405 MFS Land-use buggy: I pledge $1.00 per mile to Montanans for Multiple Use (MFMU) If Travis wins KOH in the 4405:
I pledge an additional $100 to BRC
Now THAT is what I call totally cool mixing it up; sharing the help. Thanks to all who are jumping in on this GREAT idea. It's all about access.
Del

#15 ·

I pledge $.50 (Possible total $67.50) to the Blue Ribbon Coalition.

If Travis wins KOH in the 4405:

I pledge an addtional $100 to BRC (total of $167.50)

If Brian Tilton makes the main race: I pledge $50 to the Friends of Eldorado National Forest but only if he finishes my Jeep in time to take it with us to KOH :D.

#18 · (Edited)
Kurt

Great idea.
I will pledge 50 cents per mile to BRC.
When they win, I will donate another $50.00 to UFWDA.

I wish I had known you were getting ready to put this out, as I would have liked to put it in the Access Army Times.

I think I will work up a short mid Jan newsletter, so people can see it prior to KOH.

Todd

#20 · (Edited)
Dave Cole posted this in General 4x4:

I will pledge $2.00 per mile for Travis ($270 potential) and will also get the ball rolling for three more teams. The first three teams to get on this band wagon will also get $1.00 a mile from me.

Dave Cole

Support the Blue Ribbon Colalition!!!

That looks like a challenge to other teams! :smokin: GET IT!

#21 ·
I know the sponsors already put down a lot of cash, parts and stuff to the teams, but if we could get them to do the same, it could be huge donations.

Thanks for getting the ball rolling on this Kurt.

Todd

#22 ·
You've probably seen this car around -- the OV Rocksports team has taken it a lot of places to compete -- but it changes skins and colors like a chameleon! Here's a few of its looks...
Land-Use Skins with a foxy hood ornament -- this is the colors they ran for 2009 KOH:

Here's the colors they ran for Vegas-to-Reno:

In KOH 2010 colors:

Randii

#31 ·
2. Add an addtional amount pledged if Travis wins KOH. (By the way, If the 4405 wins, our team is donating $5,000 of the winnings to Blue Ribbon Coalition)
I pledge $1,350.00 weather or not Travis makes it. I will also pledge an aditional $1,000.00 if he finishes in the top 5 and will match every pledge on Pirate up to $2650.00 for a total pledge of $5000.00 all going to Blue Ribbon Coalition.

Eric Morales
MFS
I like your style Bebe, you remind me of a car salesman! No it's a max donation of $5,000.00 minimum of $1350.00, plus $1,000.00 if he makes it into the top 5. I will match the pirate user donations up to $2,650.

Eric
Car salesman??? - (arrow through my Real Estate Heart:flipoff2:)

So if Travis wins, and Pirate users pledge up to $2650, then we can get 10K to BRC :D

You still rock :D

(even thought neither of you can spell additional LOL)

#33 ·
So my handy calculator says we only need 19.63 people to pledge $1.00 per mile to lighten Eric's wallet, then it's all up to Travis to win...

Regardless, land use orgs are the winner, no wait, we are the winners! Supporting our orgs keeps our lands open.

For every mile completed by Travis Carpenter in the 4405 MFS Land-use buggy:

I pledge $1.00 (Possible total $135) to the Rescue Tellico BRC/SFWDA fight

Gutter Ball (<20 miles made) I pledge $50.00 to PLP :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.