Pirate 4x4 banner

Re-clocking your winches for clearance.

7K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  doc_sausage 
#1 ·
I did it tonight to my warn m8000, didn't know if many people besides me did this to keep the power cables and neutral switch safe. I can get pics, but basically during a cleaning I re-clocked the winch so the neutral and power cables are facing rear-ward behind the winch. it was easier the building a guard around the winch which is only half-covered by my grill and fair-lead-bumper.

#5 ·
doc_sausage said:
I did it tonight to my warn m8000, didn't know if many people besides me did this to keep the power cables and neutral switch safe. I can get pics, but basically during a cleaning I re-clocked the winch so the neutral and power cables are facing rear-ward behind the winch. it was easier the building a guard around the winch which is only half-covered by my grill and fair-lead-bumper.
so you only moved one leg and left the other normal? got any pics?

#8 ·
apeters89 said:
so you only moved one leg and left the other normal? got any pics?
no pics, bitch g/f took the digi too greece with her, hence my last 2 wheelin trips have no pics, but i will see the castles and beaches she visited on my camera and the 500 post cards she bought. fawk me.

soon with pics

#9 ·
You clocked the motor?
I was going to say, if you clock the clutch side, you can only use every other position.
Meaning, you can't re-clock a M8000 just one bolt position, it has to jump two, or else the outer housing won't index properly with the grooves on the inner housing.

Took me a few minutes to figure out why mine wouldn't sit flat, so I thought I'd pass it on (I had searched, and didn't find any info on it).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.