Pirate 4x4 banner

94 4Runner Chopped w/3link Rear

35K views 85 replies 25 participants last post by  customcruiser 
#1 · (Edited)
94 4Runner Chopped w/3link Rear... Now with D60/14B

here is my 94 4Runner that I have been building for the past 3 months and now it is out of the garage and only needs alittle work before its time to tear it up.
Redoing
the Rear Axle...... bracing got outta control
Lowers X-member... hangs down way too low
Moving Coilover in 2".... they rub the tires when flexed

Specs:
3-Link with Fox 2.0 16" Coilover Shocks with King Coils
----------------------------------------------------
Fox Coilovers -- (2) 2.0 16" Travel
King Coils -- (4) 16" 250#
Lowers -- 1.5x1/4" DOM Sleeved 1.75x1/8" DOM, Currie 2.5" adjustable Joints
Upper -- 1.75x1/8" DOM, Currie 2.5" adjustable Joint & 2 RE SuperFlex Joints
Wheel Base increased in the Rear by 3"

I am cutting out the rear cargo area to mount the Coilovers and leaving the rear seats.....

progress:

See less See more
#11 ·
I think your front mount for your lowers is too low, it's going to be a rock anchor. If you need it that low for your link geometry, move the rear (axle) mounts to the top of the axle.

#15 ·
Was headroom an issue? I am doing something similar in my build, but decided to angle the back window in line with the (now cut off) rear windows. I have small kids, so I wasnt' too worried about it.

Are those 35's? I have 38.5's and am thinking about keeping the wheelbase a little longer for tire body clearance as well as cargo space and room for two propane tanks. pics in sig link... You don't see chopped up 2nd gen runners to often. I like what you have done... keep the pics coming.

#17 ·
thanks for the advise...... i put those that way on my mockup axle cause it was easier. i am grinding a new housing right now (that one got outta hand) i have had these coilover mounts for about a month now but didnt wanna ruin them on that axle since i was planning on getting a new one.

i wanted to keep the rear seats b/c of my dog. i left enough room for adults though; thought it made more since.
those are 36x12.50's but I also grinding on my HUMVEE rims and gonna run 38x15.50's

#21 ·
since i am redoing my lower links...... where they mount to the frame, i was wondering if it would be better to mount the links next to the frame instead of angled. they are angled so that they would come to a point at the front bumper if extended to a triangle.

i have seen many truck with the lower links mounted like that and just wanted some opinions since that would be easier for me.... b/c i wouldnt have to make the x-member removable for my trans/tcase removal

#29 ·
Cool Runner but I noticed that you don't have much flex in the front. Are you planning on running a taller tire? I have the same tire/wheel set up on my Runner.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.