Pirate 4x4 banner

The New Tahuya

6K views 21 replies 9 participants last post by  JonsYJjeep 
#1 ·
Well the Quadrapaws and the DNR have got together and made a few new challenges to the ORV park. There is still more to come with new hill climbs and rock hill climbs. You can read more about it HERE

See less See more
#8 ·
Well I heard from the QP's they opened up old yellow jacket hill. I haven't seen any pics of yet or in person yet. I was suppose to go out yesterday but delt with 2 broken valve stems, long story. But Saturday I'm heading out there to see the new hill.

But more trail expansions are planned for spring time, I think.

#9 ·
ok the Quadrapaws worked with DNR to get another short trail open with 2 new hill climbs. They finished it right before our big snow storm so nobody has had a chance to run it. Well finally today I got a chance to get out there. Broke tracks and gave it hell. The first crappy video is a new hill. I think it used to be a motocycle hill that got closed years ago. But I came down turned around and went up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5Pqwf6fdPc

his second is the old yellow jack hill. Easy as hell going down, but coming up the snow and rocks made it a bit difficult. I was making progress and probably would of made it until my throttle cable broke.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIhTmlO3ab4

#10 ·
They made a somewhat Gate keeper at the beginning/top of the trail. Here's some pics

Going down Yellow Jacket hill

About a foot of snow on top of the rocks.

The bottom. To my passengers side and up is Toboggan hill

..and incase you ladies need to pull cable, this is at the top and I think there is even one halfway up where I broke. :flipoff2:

#11 ·
Went out there a couple weekends ago in my cruiser. First time my rig has hit dirt since i bought it 2 years ago(in my garage getting built). I was expecting the "same ol tahuya" i was used to 6 years ago for a shakedown run. Came across a couple jeepers that let me tag along. Next thing i know, im looking up the face of yellow jacket hill. My rig has open diffs right now with SOA and 35's, and i made it just fine. Surprised the hell out of me though. That was a fun hill. As soon as i get the sm420 installed and a rear locker, i'll be headin back out there for round 2! Hope they make some more trails. The loggin roads get old, but those rocks are fun as hell!!

#12 ·
Sikk!

The place it comin along! Last I was there none of this was going on... I can't wait to break in my shhh on the new goodies :D

Right awn! I knew that looked like Ted... in a new rig! I was wonderin what was up with him sellin the Jeep. The new one looks clean :grinpimp:

#14 ·
This is cool to hear. I was a member of the QPs and still have some good friends down there. I miss the countless hours spent putting those trails together and doing forrest watch. I need to make a trip down to wheel.

#15 · (Edited)
Well I finally broke down and bought a digital camcorder. Youtube kills the quality, but here' some video of the new stuff.

This was filmed Thursday. This is Anarchy hill. This is the most extreme hill climb out there. Warning bad language its me. I have a potty mouth. :flipoff2:

YouTube - Porter Anarchy hill

This is Yellow jacket hill, filmed yesterday. This is the easiest of the 3 new hill climbs. Earlier in the snow I broke my throttle cable on this hill.

YouTube - Yellow jacket hill part 2

This is the rock hill, filmed yesterday also. 2nd hardest hill out there

YouTube - The Rock Hill

I am now convinced I need bigger tires. Currently running 36" Irok's.

#18 ·
after 6 months of building my YJ i went to tahuya for my shakedown run and i TOTALLY MISSED THIS! How do you get here? Me an some boys are thinkin of headin up again soon so anyone know the area well and plannin on a trip soon would be awesome to tag along. This stuff looks awesome!

#20 ·
Tahuya is where I started wheeling, it definitely has grown up some. Haven't been up there in years, so it's awesome seeing vids of it. I lived close to the gas station Camp Union (Seabeck), and would meet up and show people where it was. Anyway, I will probably be on that side of the State sometime this summer, cant wait. Maybe ill see you guys around. :grinpimp:

#22 · (Edited)
Had to try out the 39.5"'s. Also didn't care if I broke anything just wanted to make it up Anarchy. Talk about a dust cloud, but I did pull some nice air on the first shot.

Video shot by Rick :thumbsup:

The bottom part of the hill is very loose rock and dirt. So traction was a bitch. Once I got over the ledge it wasn't so bad.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.