Pirate 4x4 banner

Marines Release New Alternative 6 for Twentynine Palms Proposed Base Expansion

6K views 21 replies 11 participants last post by  maxyedor 
#1 · (Edited)
Marines Release New Alternative 6 for Twentynine Palms Proposed Base Expansion

For Press Release and Map go to: http://pfjv.org/

The Partnership For Johnson Valley will issue a statement on the latest revision "6" after it's review of the new map.

In a brief statement, Chairman Harry Baker said that he is disappointed to see that none of the area to the east of the base was included, and again, it is the recreation lands and those lands that border the communities that are targeted.

[Brief Description of new proposed Alternative 6]

Proposed 29Palms Training Land/Airspace Acquisition Project
Project Description Paper Number 5 – November 2009
Alternative 6 (West/South)
About 140,000 acres west/19,000 acres south
Maneuver would start from the east on the
current MCAGCC base and the south
study area, and the MEB battalions would
converge on an objective in the west study
area.

No dud-producing ordnance use in 40,000
acres in the south of the west
study area; this 40,000 acres would be open
for public use when MEB training not
required.
###

About The Partnership for Johnson Valley: The leadership of the Partnership For Johnson Valley has been cooperatively working with the military and the affected Stakeholders in an effort to explore alternatives to the proposed land expansion. The PFJV is a division of the 501(c)3 California Trail Users Coalition. The Mission of the Partnership is to unite the many people who enjoy the diverse activities available in the multiple-use open access area of Johnson Valley. The Partnership’s charter is to promote responsible recreation and the use of desert resources through conservation and education. The goal of the Partnership is to ensure public open-access to the area in the present, and for future generations who Live, Work, and Recreate in Johnson Valley. For more information and updates, please visit www.PFJV.org
###

If you would like to donate to the Partnership, please send a check or money order in care of:

Partnership For Johnson Valley
3550 Foothill Blvd.
Glendale CA 91214

Paypal link
http://www.pfjv.org/donations_needed.htm

See less See more
#8 ·
They got the message, they just don't give a fuck:rolleyes:

#7 ·
I tried a different browser and it works for me now (was using Firefox). Attached, in case anyone else is having trouble. Don't know if I'm reading the map correctly or not, but looks like the majority of JV OHV would be closed to public, and a small piece is restricted access??:eek: Looks like some, if not all of Hammers trails are still in restricted area - but again, I don't know if I'm seeing it correctly.

So what is the next step for us?

Attachments

#9 ·
Looks like some, if not all of Hammers trails are still in restricted area - but again, I don't know if I'm seeing it correctly.

So what is the next step for us?
You are reading that correctly. I'm not sure what the next step is at this point. I suppose since this is a new option that it will be need to have public input just like the rest of the options.

They got the message, they just don't give a fuck:rolleyes:
I think you are also reading this correctly :mad3:

#16 ·
Here is the thread I posted up maybe a year ago on The Church of the Rock:

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=726678

In a nutshell:

http://www.usdoj.gov/crt/housing/housing_rluipa2.php

§2000cc. Protection of land use as religious exercise

(1) Equal terms
No government shall impose or implement a land use regulation in a manner that treats a religious assembly or institution on less than equal terms with a nonreligious assembly or institution.

(2) Nondiscrimination
No government shall impose or implement a land use regulation that discriminates against any assembly or institution on the basis of religion or religious denomination.

(3) Exclusions and limits

No government shall impose or implement a land use regulation that—

(A) totally excludes religious assemblies from a jurisdiction; or

(B) unreasonably limits religious assemblies, institutions, or structures within a jurisdiction.

Seriously, wheeling and camping for me is WAY more than a hobby. Maybe even more than a lifestyle...it's damned near, IF NOT, a religion.

If we proclaim JV as "sacred" ground to our culture, who knows?

#19 · (Edited)
I have loosly marked the Alt 1, 4 & 5 bounders with the solid blue line. The dashed blue line is Camp Rock Road.
You are correct, The map alternative gives the appearance the base will
expand to Camp Rock, Not the case, it stops at the power corridor
that cuts though JV diagonally ...as does Camp Rock.

We still would have Anderson and Cougars.

So there still would a bit of open area left, but not left much to run competitive
events on at the west end.

Not quite what we had hoped for :shaking:

Wayne

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.