Pirate 4x4 banner

****SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY! Pirate's First Giant Multi-Vendor GIVEAWAY FOR LAND USE!****

51K views 539 replies 251 participants last post by  SeaBass44 
#1 ·
So what's the deal?

If you haven’t heard about The Marines plans to expand the 29 Palms military base into the Johnson Valley OHV area, home of the King of The Hammers desert race, then you must be living under a rock, or in this case more likely NOT living under a rock. If you have, then you know just how large a battle we have on our hands. There is a very real potential for us to lose one of the greatest, and one of the few remaining open OHV areas in southern California. For more information on what’s going on
click here.

Right now what we need are letters. The Marines EIS public comment period is open right now until May 26th, and we need YOU to help us. Thanks to a lot of work from Kurtuleas and a number of other people behind the scenes this is going to require very little work from you. Basically you just need to click the following link and write a letter, or many letters. A number of topics have already been added at the top to help you get the letter writing juices flowing. Select one of them and then add a few of your own words before sending. We encourage you to write letters on any and all of the subjects that you feel strongly about including any that may not already be included in the generator.

http://dev.aldosgroup.com/LetterGenerator

So how do you win?

This giveaway is OPEN TO ALL MEMBERS, even the black stars. Also unlike normal, you CAN enter this one more than once! The more letters you send in, the greater your chances!

Here’s how it’s going to work. When you go to the letter generator, you’ll need to fill out all your info as required, as well as your Pirate4x4 screenname. 21 letters will be pulled at random and the authors of those letters will be winning a prize.

Not sure of what to write about? On the top of the letter generator page are 28 issues. Click on any one of them to load into your letter, then add 2-3 of your own sentences to it. Easily you can knock out 28 letters in a short period of time.

Since we need literally thousands of letters, we are strongly encouraging you to get your friends and family to write letters as well. If they are not members of Pirate4x4 they can enter YOUR screen name in that box to give YOU a better chance at winning! Only entries with screen names on them will be picked. So make sure you have your friends and family enter your name on their letters.

This giveaway will be ending on Monday May 23, so write early and write often! Save Johnson Valley!

So what do you win?

Well I’d like to think that you would all write letters just to help save a great wheeling area that so many of us love. Unfortunately that just hasn’t happened in the kind of numbers we need up to this point. Because of this I decided that we might need a little help. Knowing that I alone can only do so much I decided to reach out for a little help. Over the past few weeks I’ve contacted many of the great vendors here on Pirate and asked them to help out this cause. I got a fantastic response, and thanks to them we now have something to give to you, actually a LOT of somethings.

I’ll start with myself. StinkyFab Racing (SFR) will be giving away 4 prizes. The first is the winners choice of any of our drivetrain mockup products, including the Atlas II, Dana 300, Ford 9”, or Virtual tire mockups.

The next 3 are joint prizes from both SFR and Savvy OffRoad. These winners will get one SFR Small Fire Extinguisher Mount, and a 2.5lb rechargeable FEMA extinguisher provided by Savvy Offroad

Prize #5 is also from Savvy Offroad. They will be giving away one set of their awesome Aluminum LED Tail light kits.

Prizes 6 and 7 are from Ruffstuff Specialties. Each winner will get their choice of one heavy duty diff cover.

For Prizes 8 and 9 we have a pair of $100 gift certificates to either www.jeeperman.com or www.diffsonly.com

See less See more
#2 ·
For prize #10 12Volt Guy is making up a very special Land Use winch control panel with wiring kit. These panels will also be available for purchase as well.

Prize # 11 is a pair of Bronze Dana 60 Upper King pin bushings from Reid Racing. An absolute must for anyone running a kingpin 60 hard in the rocks or desert.

Prize #12 is a Door Slam latch kit from 4xInnovations. Perfect for all of you that wanna build your own tube doors.

Lucky number 13 is a lucky one indeed. SBWinVPS is giving away an iPod Touch!

Prizes #14, 15 and 16. TrailZorb is giving away 3 of their off-road spill kits. All of our rigs should be equipped with one of these. Plain and simple, it’s one of the best ways to keep our trails clean and open.

Prize #17 is a Hat, T-shirt, and Sweater combo pack from MobWorthyMade

#539 ·
For prize #10 12Volt Guy is making up a very special Land Use winch control panel with wiring kit. These panels will also be available for purchase as well.

do you know winners contact info?
Just moving things around & I still have this panel stored away
nobody ever contacted me saying they won it.

#3 ·
Prize #18 is from Artec Industries. They are going to give the winner their choice of one of their awesome new Rear Axle Trusses

Prize #19 is a 3 DVD set from Busted Knuckle Films, including Southern Shenanigans, Harlan King of the Hammers Qualifier, and RockRods

Last but definitely not least. For prizes #20 & 21 we have a pair of $25 gift cards each to www.yummyjerky.com . In addition to those 2 winners YummyJerky will be adding a $5 gift card to EVERY OTHER WINNER. That’s right, no matter what you win, you’re also getting some meat. :D

UPDATE! 5-8-2011
We now have more prizes!

Prize #22 is a biggie. It's coming from Dave Cole and Ultra4 Racing, the organization that runs the King of the Hammers. They have offered up a Suite in Reno for the Ultra4 Stampede, and the winner will get to be the official race starter. How rad is that!

UPDATE #2! 5-10-2011
We now have even more prizes!

DIY4x will be offering up 3 more prizes to make a total of 25!

They will be giving:
1 Guardsman pinion Guard for the 14BFF axle
1 Guardsman pinion Guard for the Ford 9" axle
1 pair 1974-87(91) tube doors for full size Chevy

See Post #228 for more details.

UPDATE #3: 5-13-2011
Yet another Vendor has offered a prize, this time it's from Bighorn Graphics. They are going to print a special banner with the satellite map of Johnson valley and the hammers trails on it.

See Post #338 for details

#4 ·
Ok guys. Get writing, and when you're done, write some more.

I'd like to give a big thanks to all the people that helped me get this thing put together including all the vendors. These are some of the companies that are really willing to step up for our sport, so I hope that you will all keep that in mind next time you need a part for your rig. Support those that support our way of life. It's possible that this list will grow before the 26th as well so check back often.

#8 ·
This thing is AMAZING, it literally writes the letter for you:eek:

If you have avoided sending letters in the past because you feel like you suck at writing, have no fear, please click on the link.

I just did one (I'll go back and do the rest in a bit) and made a difference in UNDER A MINUTE, in and out, done:smokin:

#11 ·
You guys ROCK. That letter generator is awesome and easy to use. I thought I was pretty good at expressing my opinion quickly before, now I can do it even faster. :D

Wait, is that a good thing?:flipoff2:

#17 ·
Getting this when I hit preview letter

Server Error in '/LetterGenerator' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Runtime Error
Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
<system.web>
<customErrors mode="Off"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>

Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's <customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
<system.web>
<customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>

#25 ·
I get the same error. It won't load the letters or let me type :( Ideas??

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.