Any opinions on the Joyner UTVs? - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > General Tech > Side by Sides
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2007, 03:36 AM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 68302
Send a message via Yahoo to ncmogger
Any opinions on the Joyner UTVs?

I keep seeing them on ebay, and they look like a really good deal, but I have no idea about their quality or performance. Anyone have some experience with them?
Edge Evolution
6.0l tranny cooler
[url]http://picasaweb.google.com/dr.frank.tate/NewTruck[/url]

Propane-powered 65 Unimog on 41s - SOLD!
ncmogger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 05:53 AM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 78563
joyner

joyners are junk, under powered, too heavy, too many people faaling asleep at the wheel!
rox4daz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-07-2007, 10:52 AM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 94515
The quality on the Joyners is very China the welds are awefull on every one that I have seen. I know that a few of them have tried to compete at whiplash races in AZ and to my knowlege none have finished.They sell a chit load of them though because they are so cheap. I suppose if you are really strapped for coin and you are not going to beat on it too hard they might be okay as an entry level off road toy. I think a used Rhino or Ranger would be a better value though.

BS JX
Jaggedx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 12:44 PM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 68302
Send a message via Yahoo to ncmogger
Thanks for the replies, guys, though I'm guessing rox4daz may have been drinking at the time he wrote his I decided on a Ranger, and I'm picking it up tomorrow.
Edge Evolution
6.0l tranny cooler
[url]http://picasaweb.google.com/dr.frank.tate/NewTruck[/url]

Propane-powered 65 Unimog on 41s - SOLD!
ncmogger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 03:07 PM   #5 (permalink)

Member # 5963
funny i just found this thread. i'm actually working on one of these for a guy. we are adding "rocker protection"

i drove it down the street. they seem pretty underpowered. its an interesting concept. i like the selectable lockers front and rear. i think if there was more power, better welds, and better gauges, it would be perfect.
Old 11-27-2008, 02:09 PM   #6 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 40695
We've had some seat time in a trooper, my biggest complaint would be the steering rack is a bear to turn when moving any slower than 5mph.

250-248-6024

www.NorthWestFab.com
NorthWestFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 02:27 PM   #7 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 87635
Send a message via AIM to Big91RustyBucket
I saw one at a local park. Looked cool but never rated the quality... But it ran , and seemed quick. Also didn't get stuck to much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAUX X 4 View Post
You've inspired me to start a build thread of my own.......... all the pictures will be upside down to reflect my driving style!
http://www.midwestern4x4.com
89 S10 Truggy
Big91RustyBucket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 02:32 PM   #8 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 40695
I'm surprised to hear that some think they're slow. Heavy I'll agree with.

250-248-6024

www.NorthWestFab.com
Old 11-27-2008, 02:35 PM   #9 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 40695
Also, which UTV, there's a lot of differences comparing a renegade, commado and trooper. We've got the 1.1L trooper T2 here.

250-248-6024

www.NorthWestFab.com
Old 11-28-2008, 06:10 PM   #10 (permalink)

Member # 5963
here is the one i worked on.

they are pretty underpowered. but look cool.

stock

added rocker protection

Old 05-07-2009, 04:40 PM   #11 (permalink)

Member # 115508
Thumbs up

The best part about it is you can get them with manual Trans, and nobody makes them!!! I'm planning on buying one in the near future. The only thing that stops me now is finding a dealer in NorCal…
gemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 09:28 PM   #12 (permalink)

Member # 124499
Buddies dad bought one at an equipment auction to resale. 800cc with a manual 4spd. Looked cool but it was junk. Quality is junk. Broke a rear axle pulling out in grass in first gear.
Old 05-22-2009, 08:34 PM   #13 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 2787
They sound faster than they are.

Last edited by Crowdog; 05-22-2009 at 08:35 PM.
Crowdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 08:34 AM   #14 (permalink)

Member # 137143
They are waaaaaay too big and not fast....
auto_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 03:23 PM   #15 (permalink)

Member # 124738
They are junk, like others have said....They are cheap and YOU will get what you paid for.....CHEAP CHINA $hit....BTW my brother has a 1100cc Sand Viper with Kings in them. We been through the whole wire harness because of poor design and bad grounds!
Chow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 12:47 PM   #16 (permalink)

Member # 118330
I think you bought a knock off then. The one we have is not underpowered at all. Perhaps to those looking for one compared to a full tube race buggy sure. They are heavy but lots of fun to drive.
mountain_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 01:55 PM   #17 (permalink)

Member # 157520
JMC is Joyners new american distrubitor

Lets make sure that you guys are talking apples to apples , not apples to oranges. First of all the joyner vehicles manufactured before 09 had issues. But they have corrected over 1500 isues on the vehicles on the curent models. I have worked for joyner for the past 4 year and can say that the quality of vehicles are @ par if not better than anything coming out of japan.

Now the trooper is a hell of a lot faster than any other vehicle in its catagory. the stock unit has 86 hp with a 5 speed manual transmission and dose 65 mph. and sells for $10,999.00 new . the axles are 1 inch thick not the size of a pensle like the rxr or rhino . Sure the vehicle is heaver but they are made of steel and aluminum not from plastic . Now you tell me how much you have to spend before your rzr or rhino can go 65 mph. and how many spare CVT belt do you have to take along with you on a ride when you go out in your rubber band drive UTV.
and how many deaths where caused by rhino roll overs. we dont have that problem because of our low center of gravaty but we still maintane a 12inch ground clearance.we also use a criss cross brake system to prevent brake lock up and loss of controle under heavy braking.
If you would like to check us out visit us @ www.jmcmotors.us
JMC Motors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 08:13 PM   #18 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 23545
I agree with you exept the rhino roll overs. Most of those were dumb asses and its a great way for natural selection to get rid of them!! They joyners i see up here seem to be ok but i have heard of alot of little problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMC Motors View Post
Lets make sure that you guys are talking apples to apples , not apples to oranges. First of all the joyner vehicles manufactured before 09 had issues. But they have corrected over 1500 isues on the vehicles on the curent models. I have worked for joyner for the past 4 year and can say that the quality of vehicles are @ par if not better than anything coming out of japan.

Now the trooper is a hell of a lot faster than any other vehicle in its catagory. the stock unit has 86 hp with a 5 speed manual transmission and dose 65 mph. and sells for $10,999.00 new . the axles are 1 inch thick not the size of a pensle like the rxr or rhino . Sure the vehicle is heaver but they are made of steel and aluminum not from plastic . Now you tell me how much you have to spend before your rzr or rhino can go 65 mph. and how many spare CVT belt do you have to take along with you on a ride when you go out in your rubber band drive UTV.
and how many deaths where caused by rhino roll overs. we dont have that problem because of our low center of gravaty but we still maintane a 12inch ground clearance.we also use a criss cross brake system to prevent brake lock up and loss of controle under heavy braking.
crewchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 07:35 PM   #19 (permalink)

Member # 83268
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMC Motors View Post

Wow - I hope you knocked on wood before you said that about Joyners not having a roll-over problem. Gotta tell you, we have had some Joyners in our shop, and we were never impressed. Top speed alone will not sell a machine to most people I know - there has to be some quality thrown in there somewhere. They are OK machines, but certainly not up to top OEM standards.....for the $$, I'll stick with Yamaha, Polaris and Kawasaki......
450GRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 12:16 PM   #20 (permalink)

Member # 115508
The only things that pulls me into buying a Joyner is it is a true Manual unlike others $H!7...There is something about using the clutch and changing when you require. The only thing that stops me from buying Joyner is "Made in .....

Last edited by gemer; 04-09-2010 at 12:18 PM.
gemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 07:18 AM   #21 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 22726
Joyners are garbage and people pushing them are scum. The Sand vipers I saw, one with a Turbo by the way were the slowest piles of shit I have ever seen. The owners also regretted purchasing them pliles of shit also. Made in China is all you need to know to not purchase one of these. There HP figures are not true and the bolts are made from pot metal. The people who think think these things are fast are fund asses that have nothing else to compare them to. Also Mr cool Guy that sells these in BC a rzr with a clutch mod will do 65. Its free also.s