Teryx Air Filter Project - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > General Tech > Side by Sides
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2009, 01:23 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 111970
Teryx Air Filter Project

So I finally got around to getting this thing installed along with an A/F gauge. I'm using one of our (AMSOIL) EAAU induction air filters (you can see the inverted cone in the first pic...more surface area). I'm so tired of cleaning and oiling the stocker!!!! The filter is a dry nanofiber that never needs oil and when it is dirty you either vacuum it out or blow it out using low pressure air (20 psi). The nanfiber is 50x more efficient than wet gauze (K&N/AFe) @ 0.8 micron and the media holds 15x more dust. The service life is 100k miles. I'm also using a pre-filter (AMSOIL) that is treated with a hydrophobic water repellent process to help prevent moisture from damaging air filter. Since the filter is dry, no oil can transfer to the pre-filter to trap dust/dirt and disrupt air flow!

I designed an adapter to fix the stock air box, that seals up against it with an o-ring. The air filter is then attached to the adapter. This eliminates any possibility for dust/dirt getting by the filter in the box. The inside of the adapter is radiused to form a velocity stack from the 3.5" filter opening into the 3" stock opening. My hope was to eliminate any air disturbance (don't know of a way to check it!)

Got everything back together and re-jetted. I'm running a lid on (two TPI valve) config. and so for it looks like I need to adjust my needle to lean it out a bit. My mid range is way rich...might move clip from #2 to #1.

Once I put some miles on this way, I plan on removing the top and seeing what gains that will give me (I was tired of jetting this week (and it was 113 today), so that project will wait till next time). Also going up in altitude next weekend, so I'm curious to see if removing the lid will allow me to run better (and not be too lean)

What do you guys think???

az_amsoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 10:19 PM   #2 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 21750
Nice!! What year is your teryx? I have an `08. Stock as a rock!! What kind of $$$ for that filter setup?

**ROCKBRAWLERS**
jedrattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-02-2009, 10:25 AM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 111970
Mine is an '08...I've got a couple of bills into this right now, custom adapter, filter, second airbox, A/F gauge...but WTF, no more filter oil!!!!

I got it dialed in as best I can. Running a Dynojet #138 front and #140 rear. 1 1/2 turns out on the air screw and moved the needle clip to #1. The main jets and idle run around 12.3 - 12.8, but the needle is still rich at around 10.8 - 11.4. This config is two TPI valves (full open) on the lid. Anyone know where to get different needles????
az_amsoil is offline   Reply With Quote