Polaris RZR Clone??? - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > General Tech > Side by Sides
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-25-2010, 06:05 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 137944
Polaris RZR Clone???

Has anyone seen these? maybe even bought one, are they really RZR Clones or is that a sales pitch? They any good? Let me know please..

http://www.buyatvscheap.com/Wolverin...V-p/800utv.htm

Last edited by 85 toyota; 12-25-2010 at 06:05 PM.
85 toyota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 07:37 PM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 144724
they are not a clone . they are a knock off built as cheap as possible ,there has been several overseas companies offering the Rhino ''CLONES" for years and ive seen them around ( usually broke) because there is no parts or warranty support for them . IMO built by some less than 3rd world junk
hunt's big bro is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-25-2010, 08:03 PM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 53528
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunt's big bro View Post
they are not a clone . they are a knock off built as cheap as possible ,there has been several overseas companies offering the Rhino ''CLONES" for years and ive seen them around ( usually broke) because there is no parts or warranty support for them . IMO built by some less than 3rd world junk
from their website

Worried about getting parts for your unit? After hearing horror stories from our customers about their experiences from our so called competitors, I wouldn't blame you. Most other companies do NOT offer any parts, this is not the case with our units! We have access to any part for any unit that we sell. We also are able to offer tons of aftermarket parts as well! If you break something on one of our units, you can relax and have peace of mind knowing we'll be able to get your replacement parts for you.

take it for what it is

edit; 7,400$ ....has electric diff lock in the rear and front, polaris is just front correct?

Last edited by rockyota83; 12-25-2010 at 08:09 PM.
rockyota83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 08:21 PM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 53528
http://forum.highlifter.com/My-RzrRh...-m4408213.aspx

http://www.rhinoforums.net/general-r...rzr-clone.html

http://www.rzrforums.net/general-rzr...ing-heads.html

couple links about them from sxs forums, im actually kinda interested now considering the selectable lockers front and rear(polaris diffs supposedly) and a can am 800 knock off motor

Last edited by rockyota83; 12-25-2010 at 11:49 PM.
Old 12-25-2010, 11:58 PM   #5 (permalink)

Member # 163263
Actually having a rzr s I would suggest spending the extra $3-$4k to get the real deal. Polaris has a full time locked rear end selectable front that takes one lug of the tire to spin for engagement.I have beat the hell out of our rzr at the dunes and wheeled it on some fairly decent trails and never had an issue or has any one else I know with one.
Old 12-26-2010, 12:21 AM   #6 (permalink)

Member # 53528
wow 55 horses at the wheels

"The 55 hp rating is at the wheels which means it probably puts out 85-90hp at the crank. overseas companies rate hp at the wheels and north american companies rate at the crank. It should spank a commander pretty good."
Old 12-26-2010, 12:24 AM   #7 (permalink)

Member # 53528
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midwest Ford Wheeler View Post
Actually having a rzr s I would suggest spending the extra $3-$4k to get the real deal. Polaris has a full time locked rear end selectable front that takes one lug of the tire to spin for engagement.I have beat the hell out of our rzr at the dunes and wheeled it on some fairly decent trails and never had an issue or has any one else I know with one.
try an extra 6k$, you could almost buy two of these for the price of a new rzr s

everything has problems

http://www.snowandmud.com/forum/f133...ing-30339.html

http://atvquadsquad.com/eve/forums/a...94/m/221109166

but yea you could fork out another 6k$ if you can afford it, i for one cant because i still own rock crawler

Last edited by rockyota83; 12-26-2010 at 12:27 AM.
Old 12-26-2010, 12:37 AM   #8 (permalink)

Member # 163263
When I got the rzr it was $12,000 out the door before it had anything else done to it. All said and done at the point it is now took another $4k so yea there is a ton of money in it but it is worth it to me.
Old 12-26-2010, 01:52 PM   #9 (permalink)

Member # 53528
i think its obvious a polaris rzr is a badass machine and most definitely better then the sxs this thread is about, but this thread isnt about the polaris being better. you should read the hilifter link its got some interesting things in it, i really think this sxs may be a chineese knock off WINNER for once. again definitely not a polaris rzr but for those wanting/needing a cheap sxs so far from what ive read about it seems this may be the answer.

just to give you a lil shit, this thing is faster then a polaris from a dead stop so
Old 12-26-2010, 02:57 PM   #10 (permalink)

Member # 163263
After reading that high lifter article it is of surprising quality. I only have a rzr because of the cost involved I wanted to spend a little more for something I knew was decent, could get parts for and knew where to take it for work if needed. I think if you could find a place for parts/service and could get spare parts when you bought it (filters/belts, wear items) it would not be a bad deal. My biggest concern would be going on a trip and something such as a belt giving out then not be able to get one. I also looked at joyner sxs before polaris and liked them but parts are almost non existent.
Old 12-26-2010, 03:05 PM   #11 (permalink)

Member # 53528
Quote:
After reading that high lifter article it is of surprising quality. I only have a rzr because of the cost involved I wanted to spend a little more for something I knew was decent, could get parts for and knew where to take it for work if needed. I think if you could find a place for parts/service and could get spare parts when you bought it (filters/belts, wear items) it would not be a bad deal. My biggest concern would be going on a trip and something such as a belt giving out then not be able to get one. I also looked at joyner sxs before polaris and liked them but parts are almost non existent.
read the whole thread, you can use a renegade 800 can am belt, the big bore kit for the can am 800 bolts right up to this motor, and the diffs are almost an identical knock off of polaris diffs with just some slight differences. i would imagine with what little is known about these so far a lot more parts will probably cross over from polaris/can am, im betting the cvs will. one guys said he had no problems getting parts but they were expensive, you can get the drop in motor for 2k$ you might be interested in that for your polaris i will definitely be watching as time goes on and we learn more about this thing, like you said it is surprising.

Last edited by rockyota83; 12-26-2010 at 03:05 PM.
Old 01-26-2011, 04:45 AM   #12 (permalink)

Member # 98036
read all the links, seems like a cheaper way to get into the sports(think these are priced about where the rzr should be). I have been look at option to get a SxS, but the price( dont want to spend that much). Even if these cheaper clones turn out to be a good buy people will still try to justify spending more.
Old 01-27-2011, 09:23 PM   #13 (permalink)

Member # 37737
Send a message via Yahoo to kanesmith
My uncle bought one for his daughter for Christmas and so far it seems like a decent vehicle. I've taken it out and ridden it some, it seems to have plenty of power, almost as much as my Commander. One drawback is the suspension, it's rougher than my Commander, and I'm sure it's a lot rougher than a RZR-S. Overall, I think it's worth the price, but you do get what you pay for.
kanesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 10:22 AM   #14 (permalink)

Member # 143821
I had the distributor for these in my dealership yesterday, he's wanting me to carry them. I have to admit, the ones I looked at, didn't seem that bad. Prices are pretty good too.
But I worry about hidden workmanship, things that you can't see, like quality of steel used in building these. As a dealer, I would be expected to fix everything that goes wrong...
Old 01-29-2011, 02:53 PM   #15 (permalink)
Team 261 - VP

Member # 31923
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl89 View Post
I had the distributor for these in my dealership yesterday, he's wanting me to carry them. I have to admit, the ones I looked at, didn't seem that bad. Prices are pretty good too.
But I worry about hidden workmanship, things that you can't see, like quality of steel used in building these. As a dealer, I would be expected to fix everything that goes wrong...
Exactly. All steel is definitely NOT created equal.

I think if someone wanted to putt around...it's fine. But if you think you're going fly around dunes and jump the crap out of it, and not have the frame or suspension take a dump on you eventually...you're crazy.
Ken Hower - KOH #1962 Close Enough Racing
Rubicon Trail Foundation - Director 2011-Present
Click Here for a calendar of Rubicon Events
Raceline Wheels and Falken Tires!! Thanks guys for sponsoring the Tacos at this Years Event!!
atvobsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 05:02 AM   #16 (permalink)

Member # 124681
What ever happen to BUY AMERICAN. The thought of CHEAPER is how we got OBAMA, and how is that shithead working for you? Polaris is worth every dollar
DDUBYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 05:16 PM   #17 (permalink)

Member # 74215
Checked one out in person tuesday, they are nice, but feel more like a fast golf cart. As for buy american, is yamaha american? Do they make a harley sxs?
trail junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 05:45 PM   #18 (permalink)

Member # 87026
I think you could put some aftermarket suspension on it and it would suit the average user just fine.As far as buying american,I buy what ever is the best thats in my budget.polaris is american but I wouldnt give you $2.00 for 95% of polaris junk out there and yes I have owned several and they were broke down most of the time.My yamaha and suzuki are great machines and they are made overseas or were at one time
Old 02-11-2011, 02:18 PM   #19 (permalink)

Member # 124681
As for Harley, I wouldn't own one of those piles of shit myself, but I wouldn't own no RICE burning junk either. On the other hand if you have saved enough to buy a chinese SxS, just hold out a little longer and get something worth your money, In 3 years if you decide to sell the chinese built one, you will not get half your money back, The name brands do hold their value. that is something to consider if the price is a factor.
DDUBYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 05:37 PM   #20 (permalink)

Member # 137944
wow didnt think this would go as far as it has. I figure I'd stay away from the clones I've heard alot of bad things about them, getting parts is a big one. I'm going to get rid of my off road rig and get a sxs they seem to be more fun and cheaper for me. I found that the rzr is great they have the most power and speed in its class. But the yamaha rhino is getting better review's because people are saying that they have more after market parts. The rhino also has more storage with the glove box and bigger bed as the rzr has handle bars and a shorter bed. But my main concern is offroad I'm mainly going to use this for that. I'm leaning twards the yamaha rhino but I'd like input from people who use these now or who used these before.. So which you like more which is better in your opion rzr or rhino 660 or 750? thanks

Last edited by 85 toyota; 02-12-2011 at 05:40 PM.
Old 02-12-2011, 05:57 PM   #21 (permalink)

Member # 87026
Im doing the same thing.Wheeling my rig is just to much money but I love the trails and mountains so Im getting a rhino.My buddy has a rzr s and its got a plush ride and handles well but its more of a sport than a utility,and its a polaris which makes my cringe.The rhino is plenty fast for me and can take on more of the rough stuff in my opinion.
Old 02-12-2011, 06:04 PM   #22 (permalink)

Member # 137944
yea that is why I was leaning twards the rhino. I've seen they have a new model that is a 700 cc fi. they also had a earlier model that is a 660. I figure the 700 is a little better for offroad. The price for the rhino is better than the rzr.. the highest price I've seen for the rzr is just under 16 grand. the highest for the rhino is just under 13. I think (I'm not sure) they all have lockers front and rear. The reviews also say there are more after market parts for the Rhino than the rzr. The rzr is lower to the ground which kinda sucks for rock's and crazy trails but the suspession travel is better for the rzr, unless you get the high travel suspession kit for the rhino. I'm leaning more twards the rhino my self just kinda want a review from pirate. thanks for your input anyone else?

Last edited by 85 toyota; 02-12-2011 at 06:11 PM.
Old 02-13-2011, 04:27 PM   #23 (permalink)

Member # 163263
I have the rzr s as stated above but I ride with buddies that have a rhino 660, rhino 700 big bore built motor, arctic cat prowler 650, and teryx 750. I like the rzr in the sand and it does pretty damn good wheeling but there are issues on the trail like the break overs are easy to get high centered on and it just needs a little more clearance on the stock setup. The prowler has to high a center of gravity and struggles more than others on climbs and technical sections. The rhino 660 holds up a lot better than the 700 does I have not seen the 700 on technical stuff but at the dunes it outruns the suspension and the a arms are notorious for ripping the a arms out of the frame. The teryx is lacking a little in the dunes as well for the suspension but technical trails it takes a hell of a beating and keeps going it will go everywhere the others do, has a lot of torque from the big kawie v twin and it gets drove like a stolen vette the only thing I know of that has failed is an axle and a belt but they were both abused to the point of breaking. The prowler is constantly failing and axles snap alot. This is all the input I have from first hand experience with these sxsides but the rzr is more sport oriented so if you don't want to give it hell and take stuff at speed it is a waste, price wise my 2010 in april of 2010 cost $12,300 otd before any accesories.
Old 02-13-2011, 08:33 PM   #24 (permalink)

Member # 53528
Quote:
I have the rzr s as stated above but I ride with buddies that have a rhino 660, rhino 700 big bore built motor, arctic cat prowler 650, and teryx 750. I like the rzr in the sand and it does pretty damn good wheeling but there are issues on the trail like the break overs are easy to get high centered on and it just needs a little more clearance on the stock setup. The prowler has to high a center of gravity and struggles more than others on climbs and technical sections. The rhino 660 holds up a lot better than the 700 does I have not seen the 700 on technical stuff but at the dunes it outruns the suspension and the a arms are notorious for ripping the a arms out of the frame. The teryx is lacking a little in the dunes as well for the suspension but technical trails it takes a hell of a beating and keeps going it will go everywhere the others do, has a lot of torque from the big kawie v twin and it gets drove like a stolen vette the only thing I know of that has failed is an axle and a belt but they were both abused to the point of breaking. The prowler is constantly failing and axles snap alot. This is all the input I have from first hand experience with these sxsides but the rzr is more sport oriented so if you don't want to give it hell and take stuff at speed it is a waste, price wise my 2010 in april of 2010 cost $12,300 otd before any accesories.
excellent post thank you
Old 02-15-2011, 12:50 PM   #25 (permalink)

Member # 12008
Spoke to several owners of the HiSun 800's over the last few days. Feedback was very very good!!! 2 of the guys I talked with swear by them. They own rzr's also and said in the year they've owned the knock offs, they couldn't brake them.

I sold Redcat quads years ago. The first ones sucked ass but the later ones were amazing quality for the price. So it's not always a case of the Chinese units all being junk.

The units are not CARB approved and can't be registered in CA. You could register it out of state and still use it in CA though.

It's a lot of money even if it's 2/3 of a rzr. I'd really like to see and drive one in person.

Maybe a group buy

Tony K