Pirate 4x4 banner

How much HP to make boggers better than iroks in snow?

17K views 47 replies 20 participants last post by  shrek tits 
#1 ·
I've read about best deep snow tires for probably over 5 hours. The overwelming concensus is that Iroks are the best deep snow tires and boggers suck. But a lot of people say unless you have the power to turn the boggers fast enough. So, what kind of setup hp and gearing on say a 1 ton jeep do you need to make boggers better than iroks? Are we talking 450hp with 2.72 case and 537 gears or are we talking insane 1000hp vehicles?

#39 ·
I'm guessing from the size your running a bias PBR tire eh' Firehawk7?

They don't seem to be as good as the radial version out here from what I've heard/seen due to less flexibility in the tires carcass and perhaps a harder rubber compound.
Saying that the guys running the 44" bias PBR's seem to do well with lots and lots of grooving to help with said flexibility.

Have yours been grooved and siped much Firehawk7 and did you find them needing to be run at really low pressures (like 1psi or 2psi) to break them in?

Cheers D

#38 · (Edited)
toyota truggy with 300 hp on 42'' IROK
What does your rig weigh Satanicrunner?

Not exactly getting up on top of the white stuff, but then again the conditions don't look conducive to gaining a lot of flotation.

Hard to be sure from the vid, but looks a little like the sugar snow we can get here in the southern BC interior at times, which never makes for an easy day snow wheeling.

Gotta love the Iroks though they just keep on moving you forward.
Bias Iroks, likely the best deep snow wheeling tire factory available to date.

Cheers D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.