Ten minutes for Tellico - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Land Use and Trails > Southeast Regional Land Use
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2009, 11:59 AM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 41137
Send a message via AIM to McCracken
Ten minutes for Tellico

This idea came from one of SFWDA's member clubs the Rocket City Rock Crawlers and I think it's great. The idea is to spend 10 minutes writing a personalized letter for Tellico. Hand written with your name and signature.

I think this something everyone can do. If you can't sack up for 10 minutes for a place that has given you years of good times and future opportunity for the ones that have not had the chance, then you need to hang it up all together. I think we can does is and I know everyone can.

Please pass this along to all the boards you visit. Do not depend on me or anyone else to do this. We need volunteers to help spread the word. Thanks in advance for your help.

Remember, 10 minutes and Tellico can be saved.
Old 03-03-2009, 01:34 PM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 4952
Send a message via AIM to brimy311
If anyone needs help will letters, I can send them some stuff they can work with. Brian@jcroffroad.com

Last edited by brimy311; 03-03-2009 at 01:34 PM.
brimy311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-03-2009, 02:10 PM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 104679
When is the next formal meeting for Tellico that the public can attend?
ROCKRAWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 02:28 PM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 41137
I do not think there are any
Old 03-03-2009, 02:54 PM   #5 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 2497
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKRAWL View Post
When is the next formal meeting for Tellico that the public can attend?
Check the sfwda calendar. The 1/4ly meeting is this weekend at Golden Mountain OHV Park. (Golden Mtn is having some website issues at the moment, it seems.) The forum post here has all the directions.
Alabamatoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 02:57 PM   #6 (permalink)

Member # 104679
How and when will the SFWDA bring everyone up to date on thier next plan of action?What is next?
Old 03-03-2009, 02:59 PM   #7 (permalink)

Member # 104679
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alabamatoy View Post
Check the sfwda calendar. The 1/4ly meeting is this weekend at Golden Mountain OHV Park. (Golden Mtn is having some website issues at the moment, it seems.) The forum post here has all the directions.
I assume they will address the Tellico situation there.Thanks.
Old 03-03-2009, 03:01 PM   #8 (permalink)

Member # 104679
Quote:
Originally Posted by McCracken View Post
Thats a mistake.I think we need to force that issue.We need to have our day to speak our mind.
Old 03-03-2009, 04:01 PM   #9 (permalink)

Member # 85483
Quote:
Originally Posted by McCracken View Post
Oh by God! Let me tell you something...this may be over in some of the minds of those at TU but it is far...real damn far from being over! I can get a fishing license and trout stamp the same as they can. I'll make it a point to start going on the weekends and whipping the shit out of the water around any TU fawk that happens to be fishing that I find. Of coarse I'll politely ask them if the are TU members before I start giving the water it's due beating. Hell I may even join their group just to be a pain in their ass. You know show up at their meetings in the biggest pos I can tag and put TU stickers all over just to park beside their $60,000 SUV....yeah...'em!
Old 03-03-2009, 04:04 PM   #10 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 92338
OK, so...technically we did have the opportunity to speak our minds. Here's the process:

1) A year ago, they had a public meeting. They advertised it as they were required to, in the local legal section of the paper.
2) The Ranger sends out scoping notice. They gave us the opportunity to comment then.
3) Now that the EA is out, the process gives us 30 days to comment.

Everyone be clear here, that is all they legally need to do under NEPA to give us our say. If they really wanted to hear us, they could give us more opportunity, but it's clear at this point that they don't want to hear it.

So now we have to write letters....lots and lots of letters!

Last edited by k9crazy; 03-03-2009 at 04:05 PM.
k9crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 04:12 PM   #11 (permalink)

Member # 85483
Quote:
Originally Posted by k9crazy View Post
OK, so...technically we did have the opportunity to speak our minds. Here's the process:

1) A year ago, they had a public meeting. They advertised it as they were required to, in the local legal section of the paper.
2) The Ranger sends out scoping notice. They gave us the opportunity to comment then.
3) Now that the EA is out, the process gives us 30 days to comment.

Everyone be clear here, that is all they legally need to do under NEPA to give us our say. If they really wanted to hear us, they could give us more opportunity, but it's clear at this point that they don't want to hear it.

So now we have to write letters....lots and lots of letters!
If you're standing beside them (legally) and whipping the hell out of the water, they'll listen. Is it not obvious to everyone just WTF is going on? They want us out...period...end of discussion. Now if say a couple hundred or so of us show up every weekend with our fishing gear in tow just to fawk with them, they'll soon either give a little or just leave. Always fish up stream of them...20 yards or so and just beat the living hell out of the water. Hoop and holler...I think I've got a big'un! Basically, just be a pain in their ass. As long as we don't break any laws, there's not a damn thing they can do about it.

Last edited by thumping; 03-03-2009 at 04:30 PM.
thumping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 06:27 PM   #12 (permalink)

Member # 104679
Tubing would work too!
Old 03-04-2009, 05:14 AM   #13 (permalink)

Member # 41137
Quote:
Originally Posted by thumping View Post
If you're standing beside them (legally) and whipping the hell out of the water, they'll listen.
Old 03-04-2009, 06:13 AM   #14 (permalink)

Member # 105795
Here's a suggestion...lets pick a weekend of a scheduled Trout release and lets have a redneck fishing tournament. I mean cane poles and zebco's guys. We will fill up river road with the rigs and make a legal/peaceful protest. Don't attack anyone verbally or physically, just be present enjoying the fishing. We can bring the fish back to the camp and have fish and chips. Bring the inflatable rafts and kyaks as well. I think we do this whenever there is a scheduled release from the fish hatchery and or busy weekend it will make a point. The TU folks don't like us and want us to go away. As far as the normal local fisherman that go during these times, we will just fit in. Only the gold plated guys will be offended. I am not kidding!

Last edited by Crawfords Campground; 03-04-2009 at 06:14 AM.
Crawfords Campground is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 06:59 AM   #15 (permalink)

Member # 85483
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawfords Campground View Post
Here's a suggestion...lets pick a weekend of a scheduled Trout release and lets have a redneck fishing tournament. I mean cane poles and zebco's guys. We will fill up river road with the rigs and make a legal/peaceful protest. Don't attack anyone verbally or physically, just be present enjoying the fishing. We can bring the fish back to the camp and have fish and chips. Bring the inflatable rafts and kyaks as well. I think we do this whenever there is a scheduled release from the fish hatchery and or busy weekend it will make a point. The TU folks don't like us and want us to go away. As far as the normal local fisherman that go during these times, we will just fit in. Only the gold plated guys will be offended. I am not kidding!
Count me and some friends in... But yes, we need to make it a point to let others there know why we are there. As K9 has pointed out, some TU members may not even be aware of what's going on and we don't want to insult the ones that could very well be our allies. I’m sure the ones with just a touch of common sense will not only understand but may very well join in on the fun. You’re right, the gold plated tight asses will be the ones that get bent out of shape and bitch and moan and groan. Just show them your licenses and smile. Maybe make the comment, if the trails were open, we wouldn’t be here…care to join in a fish fry? We’ll be having these quite often…

But hell yeah, I’ll bring my rig and renown zebco 202 baby!
Old 03-04-2009, 11:27 AM   #16 (permalink)

Member # 41137
Wrote my first letter and it's a "doozy"
Old 03-05-2009, 10:57 AM   #17 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 81277
I think we are somewhat missing the point here. We are going after TU but we need to be focusing on chainging the Forestery Services mind. They have the ultimate say in things. I like idea of "whipping the water" I think it would be a great time, but again, the FS is the one making the call, not TU, yes they had a roll in this but again, all we can do is write letters and hope for the best at this point, and if it does stayed closed, you can bet i'll have my hillbilly waders on.
yjwrangler95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 05:51 PM   #18 (permalink)
Wentworth Wheeler

Member # 32809
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawfords Campground View Post
damn, i might fly out there just to see that

Wentworth Wheelers
momar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 06:24 PM   #19 (permalink)

Member # 86685
Quote:
Originally Posted by momar View Post
damn, i might fly out there just to see that
That old boy ain't joking

Count me in, I am an avid trout fisherman via Zebco 33. Search for my story on outfishing the trout guide fully decked out in full Cabela gear, complete with paying customers he had on the river. They watched us pull in fish after fish and they couldnt even catch a cold. Theres a kicker story which includes said guides autograph
s10er8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 07:37 PM   #20 (permalink)
The Mother F'n Goose

Member # 16809
i do not know how many of ya'll got a copy of the ea... but it is not joke! might take more than 10 mins but i am gonna hammer threw it and make some notes.

Originally Posted by Sturgell View Post
No but my post upon further review in the context of this thread is GAY
Quote:
Originally Posted by misfitcj View Post
It works for fatties to hotties...okay so there have been a couple more fatties then hotties...I am person for god sakes. Don't judge me
Quote:
Originally Posted by john-jon View Post
Middel fangers

Last edited by BigGreenMonster; 03-07-2009 at 07:38 PM.
BigGreenMonster is offline   Reply With Quote