Spring Fling Fundraiser is still scheduled! - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Land Use and Trails > Southeast Regional Land Use
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2009, 06:51 AM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 105795
Spring Fling Fundraiser is still scheduled!

Alright everyone, I have talked to Southern and they still want/need the Spring Fling to go on as planned. We may not be doing any trail maintenance at Tellico and you may not be able to wheel there opening weekend. You will be able to have a good time at my place. You will be able to crawl the rock garden, you will be able to eat some great BBQ, you will see some old friends and will be able to support the area you love. In addition to all of what you will be able to do, is...create a massive line of vehicles that can head over to Little Buffalo or Beasly knob if you want to do some riding. These public places are still open and we will have high visibility of the rigs traveling. I have to make it clear that we are not holding any event at either location and that if people want to go to these public places outside of our fundraiser event that is right to public lands.

If you are angry at this situation with how the FS is treating you for trying to take away one of your favorite locations, then make it a point to come to this event. This event will help me recover some expenses(Keep my head above water for a little while longer) and will greatly benefit the cause. It would be great to see a couple hundred rigs moving through town. Make sure you fly your message on the way. we still have freedom of speech...I THINK!

Out of everyone that has made reservations, we have only actually had two sites cancel, that tells me that the party is on.
P.S. I will be out of town this weekend, so shoot me emails with reservations. Please advise how many will be attending and what type of site you need. I had a cancellation of two bunk cabins if anyone is interested.
Old 03-06-2009, 07:10 AM   #2 (permalink)
Your rig sucks

Member # 44115
Send a message via AIM to 5keepers Send a message via Yahoo to 5keepers
Parade through downtown Murphy? Tow rigs included? Just an idea.
Tellico Rally post #142

Quote:
Originally Posted by redneckengineered View Post
I accomplished more on the shitter this morning than Southern accomplished through this whole ordeal.
5keepers is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-06-2009, 07:17 PM   #3 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 115734
Danny I hope I am in back in time to come . I know my friends are still coming . It will be a good time even if the trails are closed .
Broadsword Racing #762
KOH 2011
Volunteer 2012
Smile, shake hands with everybody, but always have a plan to kill them.
JeremyUSMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 08:05 PM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 34667
We'll have all the blue ridge locals up to murphy for a drive around town. Should be 6-12 rigs of various kinds, maybe more.

My shop will be available for people to make repairs, if they need to use the lift, welder, etc., after running the rock pile at Crawfords campground.