Help us pay for the lawyers! - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Land Use and Trails > Southeast Regional Land Use
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2009, 02:16 PM   #1 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 92338
Help us pay for the lawyers!

SFWDA is conducting a fundraiser to help pay for the lawyers that are helping us get Tellico opened back up.

Please help us by participating and checking out our webpage at SFWDA Fundraiser - CLICK HERE

Thanks for everyone's support!!!
Old 06-08-2009, 05:58 AM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 105795
Have we gotten a response to the NOI from the FS? Just wondering...as they should be soon. Time is running out for them.

Last edited by Crawfords Campground; 06-08-2009 at 05:59 AM.
Crawfords Campground is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-08-2009, 11:26 AM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 34667
Have we been able to pin down blatant lies by SELC/TU, aside from the lies in the articles about/by the SELC attorney, I'm tired of the businesses taking a beating via the SELC's lawsuits all over the southeast, I'm tired of not being able to take my kids out trailriding again...I was just reading in the Jan 2008 issue of the Georiga Outdoor News about SELC and various front organisations making money off the FS through various lawsuits and decisions in the court system, all adversely affecting the hunters and the environment by halting the FS management of the forests. Win, lose, or draw these SELC guys make money off the govt everytime they get into court. I'm tired of watching these guys tinkering with every little thing to make money. Losing money is the only thing SELC will understand. We have to fight this and win then go after them for the damages they caused. I literally dont have much left to give.
Old 06-08-2009, 12:32 PM   #4 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 92338
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawfords Campground View Post
Have we gotten a response to the NOI from the FS? Just wondering...as they should be soon. Time is running out for them.
We have not...and you are right, the time for them is running low...

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowxj View Post
Have we been able to pin down blatant lies by SELC/TU, aside from the lies in the articles about/by the SELC attorney, I'm tired of the businesses taking a beating via the SELC's lawsuits all over the southeast, I'm tired of not being able to take my kids out trailriding again...I was just reading in the Jan 2008 issue of the Georiga Outdoor News about SELC and various front organisations making money off the FS through various lawsuits and decisions in the court system, all adversely affecting the hunters and the environment by halting the FS management of the forests. Win, lose, or draw these SELC guys make money off the govt everytime they get into court. I'm tired of watching these guys tinkering with every little thing to make money. Losing money is the only thing SELC will understand. We have to fight this and win then go after them for the damages they caused. I literally dont have much left to give.
All we can do is present our data as alternatives to their drivel. People think that science is absolute and that facts are facts. But in the court system and in NEPA, that's not necessarily true. Bias is always introduced and that's what SELC is so good at. They take a situation, blow it WAY out of proportion, claim to be "green" and "environmental protectors" and slant the information to support their position. You didn't see any pictures of the waterbars and silt traps that were working, did you?

Anyway, my point is that we have and will continue to present the facts, as true as they get and hope that right triumphs over rich and influential.
Old 06-29-2009, 12:13 PM   #5 (permalink)

Member # 105795
Are we there yet?? It has to be getting close...lets get it on!
Old 07-02-2009, 08:12 AM   #6 (permalink)

Member # 55622
Heather is right, in that we present the facts, and in doing so, we maintain the higher ground.
Has it gotten us anywhere most of the time? Not always, as the anti-access/recreation crowd has high priced lawyers that can put their slant on anything they want.

We need to keep the fight on to get our wins.

Our science is pretty good, and usually right on point for any area that we are working on to maintain.

Thanks to all that are working on Tellico to get it reopened for recreation.

Todd

Access Army Air Warrior
Sponsored by:
[URL="http://www.raceline.com"]Raceline Wheels[/URL],
[URL="http://www.currieenterprises.com/"]http://www.currieenterprises.com/[/URL]
BFG, ARB, Advance Adapters, Hi Lift Jack, Rocky Trail Outfitters, Camel4x4.
navy-jeepster is offline   Reply With Quote