ROCKRAWLS final rant! ***WARNING*** - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Land Use and Trails > Southeast Regional Land Use
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2009, 11:11 AM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 104679
ROCKRAWLS final rant! ***WARNING***

I have come to the conclusion that the SFWDA does nothing for the southeast!If you live in Ga,TN,Fl,Va,Ky,Al there is really no reason to join them,the only place they care about is Tellico and Tellico is a very small part of the offroading world and its gone.They do not protect your interest or your riding areas or your land ,although on thier website they claim too,I guess in trying to protect Tellico and keep it open thats how they protect your land,bullshit they failed.

I think a poorly executed management plan from the beginning is why Tellico is probably gone for good.

If you want to save your riding areas do it now by your own hand and dont count on anyone else to help you,just because you give money dont mean anything,dont try to save future areas from closure through Tellico that will not work,Tellico is probably gone ,so focus on the other areas now,not later.

The best thing I think we can do is get your club in contact with the right people at your local riding area and get involved with a hands on approach.Dont count on someone else to do it for you,because you will not know whats going on.

I have been acused of saying things I did not say by SFWDA volunteers ,because they get mad and cant answer straight up questions.They quit posting because they get backed into a corner and have nothing to add that makes them look good.

You didnt have to read this thread and you damn sure dont have to post anything but I will continue to post the idiocy I see.

I'm gone like Tellico
ROCKRAWL
ROCKRAWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 12:24 PM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 83791
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKRAWL View Post
I have come to the conclusion that the SFWDA does nothing for the southeast!If you live in Ga,TN,Fl,Va,Ky,Al there is really no reason to join them,the only place they care about is Tellico and Tellico is a very small part of the offroading world and its gone.They do not protect your interest or your riding areas or your land ,although on thier website they claim too,I guess in trying to protect Tellico and keep it open thats how they protect your land,bullshit they failed.

I think a poorly executed management plan from the beginning is why Tellico is probably gone for good.

If you want to save your riding areas do it now by your own hand and dont count on anyone else to help you,just because you give money dont mean anything,dont try to save future areas from closure through Tellico that will not work,Tellico is probably gone ,so focus on the other areas now,not later.

The best thing I think we can do is get your club in contact with the right people at your local riding area and get involved with a hands on approach.Dont count on someone else to do it for you,because you will not know whats going on.

I have been acused of saying things I did not say by SFWDA volunteers ,because they get mad and cant answer straight up questions.They quit posting because they get backed into a corner and have nothing to add that makes them look good.

You didnt have to read this thread and you damn sure dont have to post anything but I will continue to post the idiocy I see.

I'm gone like Tellico
ROCKRAWL
Had to quote that to make sure it isn't edited later...

Eventhough is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-03-2009, 12:58 PM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 41137
Send a message via AIM to McCracken
I give it a 5 out 10. I definitely think you could have done better with your final rant.
Old 08-03-2009, 01:05 PM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 83791
I heard the door slam and 85" tires screech
and i couldn't tell was it just the wind (I hoped it wasn't just the wind)
or was the world mad again at all the hot wind
everyone's driving little xjs and Saturns and don't wanna play
My buddies hollared "go away"
thought i heard them say something sounding like we're glad your gone
but these days gone can mean so many things.

chorus:
theres gone for good and theres good and gone
and theres gone with the long before it
i wish they'd been just a little more clear
well theres gone for the day and gone for the night
and gone for the rest of your dogone life
is it whiskey night or just a couple beers
i mean what kind of gone are we talkin bout herewell its gettin dark out, they ain't back yet
ain't called home, turned off the phone
ah man hah this might not be good
i would have stopped her, when she went to leave
but i didn't 'cause i didn't really think what i'm thinkin now
i'm still not sure what gone is all about

Last edited by Eventhough; 08-03-2009 at 01:19 PM.
Old 08-03-2009, 01:24 PM   #5 (permalink)

Member # 51984
I agree wit rockrawl! I have wheeled all over the southeast and have never seen the organazation at work. I miss the place bad cause its close to home and tellico is the reason I love camping and wheelin so much and met a lot of good friends, but I am a realist and wish that money could be used to raise awareness and protect the many spots till open, priveparks and public.
250f4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 02:11 PM   #6 (permalink)

Member # 104679
I probably could have done better but I really could care less.I have asked so many questions that have been ignored by the volunteers of the SFWDA its crazy,you answer the ones that are easy,many of you dont even know anything about the last closure or that the trails even existed on the TN side.People want me to go away but yet they still post up.I went on there and deleted all my post so leave it alone, go save Tellico.Membership is slowly dwindling and for good reason.People say the SFWDA is all we have well thats nothing.

Last edited by ROCKRAWL; 08-03-2009 at 02:14 PM.
Old 08-03-2009, 02:19 PM   #7 (permalink)

Member # 83791

Last edited by Eventhough; 08-03-2009 at 02:19 PM.
Old 08-03-2009, 02:36 PM   #8 (permalink)

Member # 104679
Know any good places to ride?
Old 08-03-2009, 02:57 PM   #9 (permalink)

Member # 83791
Quote:
Know any good places to ride?
Yup - but I can't b/c someone parked their truck on mine.
Old 08-03-2009, 03:09 PM   #10 (permalink)

Member # 104679
Sorry
Old 08-03-2009, 03:10 PM   #11 (permalink)

Member # 83791
Quote:
Sorry
It's OK - I have a buddy with a Saturn who'll snatch my truck out. No worries.
Old 08-03-2009, 08:13 PM   #12 (permalink)

Member # 34667
Saturn has a spoiler so its wicked fast. Is 47 psi too much to trail ride with?
Old 08-04-2009, 04:40 AM   #13 (permalink)

Member # 41137
Send a message via AIM to McCracken
Quote:
...you answer the ones that are easy...
I answer what I know. I'm not going to talk out of my ass just to watch my post count go up. If I feel I know something I'll tell you. Otherwise, I'm not going to make a bunch of BS up to appease the masses. I'm not the Pres or VP, just the editor. I didn't get asked to make decisions or be on the BOD. I was asked to write articles on four wheeling. So that's what I do. If I pick up other info along the way I'll share it.
Old 08-04-2009, 05:27 AM   #14 (permalink)

Member # 83791
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowxj View Post
Saturn has a spoiler so its wicked fast. Is 47 psi too much to trail ride with?
Yeah - too high - air down to 40 or so and you'll be good to go.
Old 08-04-2009, 05:55 AM   #15 (permalink)

Member # 96437
blah blah blah

Poor land management. ive been up there for years helping dig water breaks picking up trash. helping anyway we could. we were given the geen light to cut downed trees in the trails by the forestry service. Dont speak about what you dont know. S4WD has done a hell of alot more for land management than any other group or the forestry service. you need to get your facts stright.

just how big a boy r ya
macm715 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 07:17 AM   #16 (permalink)

Member # 120542
Yep, they helped get rid of those stinkin 2wd dune buggies, that were causin all of the trail damage.
bcoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 07:21 AM   #17 (permalink)
DRM
Super Moderator

Member # 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoe View Post
Yep, they helped get rid of those stinkin 2wd dune buggies, that were causin all of the trail damage.
While I agree that they were doing a lot of damage (that and bolted tires) - to be fair Tellico IS closed today, regardless of SFWDA taking that step.
>"A little nonsense now and then is cherished by the wisest men."
DRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 08:40 PM   #18 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 118490
Exclamation What the hell!

Has any one seen the movie rocky balboa? There is a phrase goes somthing like , it aint over till it's over! Theres lots of negative things in the past so until we actually have a court hearing nobody knows what will happen!! People could change their minds after some evidence is presented. Thats how court works, the burrden of proof lies on the shoulders of the prosecution,inocent until proven guilty ever heard that? It's easy to sit and say oh well! It don't matter who is defening us 4 wheeelers all that matters are facts,,, anything that can be used against the oposition bring it foreward no matter how small,a judge will decide who is right and who is wrong not anyone on this site. In the mean time help any way you can. No idea is dumb only dumb people! Dumb for not helping, let it go and surely it will be gone, whew enough said for now and thanks for all who still have glimmer of hope!
straightaxle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 12:43 PM   #19 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 36943
Send a message via AIM to Skerb
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoe View Post
supposedly, yet the last two times i was there I was behind a group of them...the last time was december on schoolbus and we got behind about 5 of the dam things fawkin rippin up the whole trail and it looked like a bunch of retards trying to pick up marbles as they teetered and pulled those things up the trails, but there was alot more of them than there was us and I didnt know what to do...
Old 08-06-2009, 05:58 AM   #20 (permalink)

Member # 120542
Still, it makes you wonder, how is it possible that a 1500 lb vehicle can have more impact than a 4500+ lb. vehicle.
bcoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 04:25 PM   #21 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 2497
Quote:
I have come to the conclusion that the SFWDA does nothing for the southeast!
Some facts to back that up might be cool.

Quote:
If you live in Ga,TN,Fl,Va,Ky,Al there is really no reason to join them,the only place they care about is Tellico and Tellico is a very small part of the offroading world and its gone.They do not protect your interest or your riding areas or your land ,although on thier website they claim too,I guess in trying to protect Tellico and keep it open thats how they protect your land,bullshit they failed.
Fair criticism, although it aint over yet. We havent failed, although we may be down a run or two. Its the federal goverment we are dealing with....have noticed anyone running roughsod over them lately? Im opposed to a lot of that they are doing right now, well beyond Tellico.

Quote:
This is what SFWDA has been saying FOR YEARS! Glad to see you agree with Southern's position. We have been trying to get USFS to do maintenance on Tellico and when they wont, WE DID IT as best we could with the blood, seat and tears of our volunteers.

Quote:
Good advice.

Quote:
X2

Quote:
I have been acused of saying things I did not say by SFWDA volunteers ,because they get mad and cant answer straight up questions.
All right, now you got me riled up. What questions have you asked of SFWDA? Where did you ask them? In what obscure forum? Did you ever come to any meeting and raise these questions? No.

Ranting about SFWDA does nothing except DIVIDE the 4X4 community. Want to create a better group, go hire some lawyers and land management experts and EIS experts like k9crazy and others who work on the RT effort on a shoestring, and take the fight on yourself! I'll support you!! But I bet you dont do anything more than bangin on that keyboard.

Quote:
They quit posting because they get backed into a corner and have nothing to add that makes them look good.
I see no corner, I just see a childish, immature person taking potshots at people who have been actually putting skin into the game. Its real easy to call plays from the sideline with the advantage of replay. Try actually getting into the game and working instead of just hiding behind your keyboard.

Quote:
What idiocy? Cite some facts that support idiocy. Support your claim, instead of just calling us names.

Quote:
I'm gone like Tellico
Throw rocks and run, huh?

Last edited by Alabamatoy; 08-07-2009 at 04:28 PM.
Alabamatoy is offline   Reply With Quote