lawsuit funding, putting up - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Land Use and Trails > Southeast Regional Land Use
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2010, 06:13 AM   #1 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 15945
lawsuit funding, putting up

I have 100 bucks to donate to fund a federal lawsuit to reopen Tellico to OHV traffic. I have donated in the past but I want this to go to an established lawsuit- something already filed and in work.
Conditions:
1. 100% goes to the lawsuit
2. I get a case number to federal suit to open Tellico.
3. I'd like someone on the receiving end to confirm my payment, this post would be a geat place.

I know it's a drop in the bucket but this is something I want to see happen.

Any one what to join in?
weedwacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 10:50 AM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 82603
Got a paypal?

I'm a loong ways away... but I'd be in for a few $$..
Soup Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-24-2010, 02:42 PM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 41137
Send a message via AIM to McCracken
I'm down. I want to see that they have started in the courts and I'll match that number.
Old 01-24-2010, 04:10 PM   #4 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 15945
Nice- Way to step up! Now we need a case number....
Old 01-25-2010, 06:32 PM   #5 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 15945
All the money we spend on tires, suspension, and gearing is for nothing if we have no place to wheel!
Old 01-27-2010, 05:03 AM   #6 (permalink)
JBC

Member # 59728
I would be willing to get in on this also!
JBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 07:22 AM   #7 (permalink)

Member # 137758
There should be ample opportunity help fund a legal response to the FS decision to uphold the closure notice. I'm sure the guys in charge of the Rescue Tellico effort are going over the appeal decision letter and deciding how best to proceed.

The Rescue Tellico Coalition (BRC, SFWDA, UFWDA) has experienced leadership that knows what it is doing, takes this issue seriously, has public land access litigation experience and has the 4wd communities best interests at heart. As much as we might disagree with their level of communications right now, I believe they know whats best in this situation and we have to continue to trust them in this. FWIW, they swing a MUCH larger bat than we could individually!

Also, keep in mind that we are dealing with the Federal Government. They are not afraid to throw billions of $ at a project it seems Land access suits in federal court can run into the $100-$200k range so if and when this thing takes off we will need some serious coin!
JC NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 05:42 AM   #8 (permalink)

Member # 105795
I take issue with the "IF" and "WHEN" in the statement. We have all been told to raise/donate money, fight the fight and to be patient. We also keep hearing the entire time at every stage in the process that we expect the FS to steam roll over us and continue on track with their decision. I believe that everyone that has been involved in this process needs to see some action. If all this was an attempt to posture at the Federal Government then I have lost all respect for the organizations involved. The Federal Government does whatever it wants and if we actually have a reasonible leg to stand on, like we have all been told then what is is the actual hold up. Either we are filing a legal action or we are not. The longer we wait the sooner the contractors will start grading #4,5 and 6 and refurbishing everything else to natural grade, which they are seeking bids on. No going back once that is started. Look at trail#1 and it most likely will be completed soon with yellow lines down the center.
I have been a supporter of SFWDA, UFWDA and BRC because I was led to believe we were going to fight this tooth and nail. Bitching and crying to the government officials to not take our trails away has had no affect. Doing the same with the town officials has had no affect. We need to put up or shut up. The money will come when in support as soon as a legal action has been started. Time is not on our side anymore.

I'm sorry if this statement offends the people that have worked hard on this, but so have I. At this point we don't really think we will see the you guys returning to see us here anytime in the near future. We are moving on to other forms of visitors and hate to do it, but if we intend on either trying to make a living or selling off we have to make that commitment.
If any of you come to the area, stop by to say hello...we can look at the wall of shame together, shed a couple of tears in a beer or two. You are always welcome here!

Last edited by Crawfords Campground; 01-31-2010 at 05:45 AM.
Crawfords Campground is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 11:29 AM   #9 (permalink)

Member # 104679
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawfords Campground View Post
I take issue with the "IF" and "WHEN" in the statement. We have all been told to raise/donate money, fight the fight and to be patient. We also keep hearing the entire time at every stage in the process that we expect the FS to steam roll over us and continue on track with their decision. I believe that everyone that has been involved in this process needs to see some action. If all this was an attempt to posture at the Federal Government then I have lost all respect for the organizations involved. The Federal Government does whatever it wants and if we actually have a reasonible leg to stand on, like we have all been told then what is is the actual hold up. Either we are filing a legal action or we are not. The longer we wait the sooner the contractors will start grading #4,5 and 6 and refurbishing everything else to natural grade, which they are seeking bids on. No going back once that is started. Look at trail#1 and it most likely will be completed soon with yellow lines down the center.
I have been a supporter of SFWDA, UFWDA and BRC because I was led to believe we were going to fight this tooth and nail. Bitching and crying to the government officials to not take our trails away has had no affect. Doing the same with the town officials has had no affect. We need to put up or shut up. The money will come when in support as soon as a legal action has been started. Time is not on our side anymore.

I'm sorry if this statement offends the people that have worked hard on this, but so have I. At this point we don't really think we will see the you guys returning to see us here anytime in the near future. We are moving on to other forms of visitors and hate to do it, but if we intend on either trying to make a living or selling off we have to make that commitment.
If any of you come to the area, stop by to say hello...we can look at the wall of shame together, shed a couple of tears in a beer or two. You are always welcome here!
This has been my exact feeling the whole time and the reason is, I remember how hard it was to try and save the TN side of Tellico. It wasnt because I wanted to offend people but I seen the need to take action early on and that didnt happen. I'm sorry but I've waited 30 days,45 days,60 days and all that bulshit is done in my book. TU didnt wait to sue thier asses,why should we?? We should have counter sued immediately.....and as far as the org's and legal teams trying to decide what the best plan of action to take now,well they have had enough time and if they were any kind of legal team at all, they should have know what kind of response to expect from the FS. If I offend anyone by that comment,please remove the wool from your eyes.

Last edited by ROCKRAWL; 01-31-2010 at 11:34 AM.
ROCKRAWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 12:34 PM   #10 (permalink)

Member # 137758
If you folllow federal regulations, as we all must in this fight, you'll be waiting some more

TU never did sue!

We couldn't have counter sued, there was no suit to begin with, but...........if we had it would have been thrown out of court on proceedural grounds.

Crack legal teams don't expect responses, they react to them, with facts.

No offense taken, I appreciate your passion, however misguided it may be at the moment

Last edited by JC NC; 01-31-2010 at 12:35 PM. Reason: I've got nothing better to do that sit around with my computer after undergoing hemmorhoid surgery :)
Old 01-31-2010, 07:09 PM   #11 (permalink)

Member # 104679
Sorry, I need to get up to speed on this "Tellico fight" again.I was under the impression TU did sued and I will not get into all the questions I have regarding that.

If the legal team dont expect responses, we need to get another group working on it with a strategy.I have heard it all over this forum about how this is the last time we will have to wait and then we can sue and it just gets put off again for something else. I know if you wanna sue somebody you can go file a lawsuit tomorrow and some court will have to listen to it,because this is hardly a case that can be thrown out.

BTW, Go to the SFWDA website and the only thing I could find is a place to donate,no new news or reports on there I could find.Well pit together IMO and alot of trying to persuade new members to join up on there as well.

Last edited by ROCKRAWL; 01-31-2010 at 07:12 PM. Reason: trying to discourge folks from spending there hard earned money on a worthless org.
ROCKRAWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 07:52 PM   #12 (permalink)
The Mother F'n Goose

Member # 16809
i think tu filed a notice of intent. if the fs did not do something they would sue.

i agree with the others. if there is no suit then we as a community are doomed. it is like having a kid you cannot punish. if all you do is threaten then why stop. you can bet this is the beginning of something. if we just fold then it is the beginning of the end. telico might be gone regardless but if we drag someone through a messy and expensive court battle i bet the next incident will be handled differently. with all the promises and the send money and wait there had better be some kind of action taken. period.
Originally Posted by Sturgell View Post
No but my post upon further review in the context of this thread is GAY
Quote:
Originally Posted by misfitcj View Post
It works for fatties to hotties...okay so there have been a couple more fatties then hotties...I am person for god sakes. Don't judge me
Quote:
Originally Posted by john-jon View Post
Middel fangers
BigGreenMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 08:00 PM   #13 (permalink)

Member # 120542
Wait too long and the forest service will proceed with their agenda to the point, that it will cost too much to reverse the decision or there will be no trails to reopen. What trails oh! there gone.
bcoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 05:18 AM   #14 (permalink)

Member # 137758
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKRAWL View Post
If the legal team dont expect responses, we need to get another group working on it with a strategy.
I should have said, "a good legal team doesn't react to responses they expect, they wait, with a plan, and respond at the proper time with the proper response"

Quote:
I know if you wanna sue somebody you can go file a lawsuit tomorrow and some court will have to listen to it,because this is hardly a case that can be thrown out..
Wrong. Courts do not have to hear suits, especially if they are not filed properly with all legal ts crossed and is dotted.

Quote:
Go to the SFWDA website and the only thing I could find is a place to donate,no new news or reports on there I could find.Well pit together IMO and alot of trying to persuade new members to join up on there as well.
I am not here to debate the SFWDA webmaster's skills Nor to defend or slam SFWDA policy. I am simply trying to provide some factual responses to what I see as unfactual or ill thought out beefs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoe View Post
Wait too long and the forest service will proceed with their agenda to the point, that it will cost too much to reverse the decision or there will be no trails to reopen.
Not wait long enough and the suit gets dismissed on procedural grounds! Kind of a lose/lose situation How would you like to be the ones having to make those calls?
Old 02-01-2010, 05:50 AM   #15 (permalink)

Member # 104679
I havent seen anyone make any calls,just a NOI.
Old 02-01-2010, 02:39 PM   #16 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 15945
Lots of valid points and questions that I'd like to read on another post......

If you want to pitch in once we get a case number post up here, it would be nice to have just a bunch of posts pitching in money. Rather not have 20 pages of bickering and whining to wade through when we get that case number.

500+ veiws and 3 guys pitching in......we can do better.
Old 02-02-2010, 10:45 AM   #17 (permalink)
angry

Member # 21215
Quote:
Originally Posted by weedwacker View Post
Lots of valid points and questions that I'd like to read on another post......

If you want to pitch in once we get a case number post up here, it would be nice to have just a bunch of posts pitching in money. Rather not have 20 pages of bickering and whining to wade through when we get that case number.

500+ veiws and 3 guys pitching in......we can do better.
That's because people, like myself, are reluctant to pitch in when there is no response from Southern as to how, when, where, etc the money will be used or IF it will even be used. If you want to raise a large sum of money from legitimate donors this must be done. Remember, we're not trying to raise $500 to fix the port o shitters at your local trail head, we're talking serious coin. Basically, Southern does a terrible job at PR and most people, again like myself, are completely in the dark. I'm not going to just hand hard earned $$$ over to a team with no plan of action and no public presence to speak of. Not to mention, Southern doesn't exactly instill confidence in me over how this whole closure was handled. TU wiped their asses with us and we all know it.
redneckengineered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 12:34 PM   #18 (permalink)

Member # 104679
Quote:
Originally Posted by redneckengineered View Post
That's because people, like myself, are reluctant to pitch in when there is no response from Southern as to how, when, where, etc the money will be used or IF it will even be used. If you want to raise a large sum of money from legitimate donors this must be done. Remember, we're not trying to raise $500 to fix the port o shitters at your local trail head, we're talking serious coin. Basically, Southern does a terrible job at PR and most people, again like myself, are completely in the dark. I'm not going to just hand hard earned $$$ over to a team with no plan of action and no public presence to speak of. Not to mention, Southern doesn't exactly instill confidence in me over how this whole closure was handled. TU wiped their asses with us and we all know it.

..or any real success stories to speak of...or any action taken in other areas of significance...or..the list goes on and on.
Old 02-02-2010, 03:44 PM   #19 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 15945
You guys kill me, bitch, whine piss and moan with nothing but criticism and finger pointing. If you don't like to way something is being done pick up the torch and do SOMETHING constructive to fix it. You have valid points.....do your part to fix them. Call up tell them what is bothering you and ask what you can do to help fix it.

I would gladly pay either one of you 100 bucks if you prove to me you can meet the conditions in my first post. Like you I want to see something happen , I don't care who is pushing the suit.
Old 02-03-2010, 07:05 PM   #20 (permalink)
The Mother F'n Goose

Member # 16809
i am in construction and it is DEAD. i have 0 (zero) money to do anything that does not have to be done. my rig has sat untouched, dormant for over 2 years now. get a case number and a link and i will throw a 100 bucks at it. guaranteed. i understand the hurry up and wait or the wait wait hurry up but the that does not mean you have to like it.
Originally Posted by Sturgell View Post
No but my post upon further review in the context of this thread is GAY
Quote:
Originally Posted by misfitcj View Post
It works for fatties to hotties...okay so there have been a couple more fatties then hotties...I am person for god sakes. Don't judge me
Quote:
Originally Posted by john-jon View Post
Middel fangers
BigGreenMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 06:44 AM   #21 (permalink)

Member # 137758
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigGreenMonster View Post
i understand the hurry up and wait or the wait wait hurry up but the that does not mean you have to like it.
Ahhhh, finally someone who seems to feel the same way I do I "think" I understand the need to wait, make sure all our ducks are in a row, is dotted and ts crossed, litigation plan documented with all possibilities accounted for, but I sure as heck don't have to like it! I too wish this thing would move along at a faster than government mandated, SLOW pace!

Last edited by JC NC; 02-04-2010 at 06:45 AM.
Old 04-16-2010, 02:50 PM   #22 (permalink)

Member # 156781
Ideal

Hey guys and girls how about this for something we could all do. It is simple all that you have to do is sign a petition. Personaly I think it would let those that tell us we cant go wheeling in Tellico know we have a larg voice and want to be heard. Also if each pearson would donate a few dollars to the cause and im talking about 2 to 5 dollars it wouldnt take mutch to help out with the lawyers that are battleing this. if we get (i hope and pray) 1 million people to sign and donate we'll say 2 dollars each that equils 2 million bucks. that could do more than you think. Think about it if the individuals that have closed down Tellico come into work with 1,000,000 signatures on there desks that would make one hell of an impact on there thought prosses. i know it would mine. But thats my opinion maby it woud help idk.
Old 04-16-2010, 03:03 PM   #23 (permalink)
Disc brake guru

Member # 25927
Quote:
Originally Posted by billybob7745 View Post
Hey guys and girls how about this for something we could all do. It is simple all that you have to do is sign a petition. Personaly I think it would let those that tell us we cant go wheeling in Tellico know we have a larg voice and want to be heard. Also if each pearson would donate a few dollars to the cause and im talking about 2 to 5 dollars it wouldnt take mutch to help out with the lawyers that are battleing this. if we get (i hope and pray) 1 million people to sign and donate we'll say 2 dollars each that equils 2 million bucks. that could do more than you think. Think about it if the individuals that have closed down Tellico come into work with 1,000,000 signatures on there desks that would make one hell of an impact on there thought prosses. i know it would mine. But thats my opinion maby it woud help idk.
Yes, but that would require a massive effort with tons of advertising and time to put it together and get that many names.

If it actually happened it would be awesome.
GubNi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 07:10 AM   #24 (permalink)

Member # 156781
gubni iv got nohing but time loli have been in contact with a few of the people that are fighting to get this reopen and will see about the petition and what we all can do . i will post as soon as i can talk with more suporters of getting tellico going again and see about getting addresses of members on here and other forums to get the signatures going.
Old 04-28-2010, 06:09 AM   #25 (permalink)

Member # 11932
Send a message via AIM to Ghost Send a message via Yahoo to Ghost
I would put $100 towards a lawsuit in a heartbeat. I also know of others that would do the same. I will not put up money now bc there seems to be no organisation and no plan and no case number that proves that SFWD is doing anything. Hell TU sent a letter of intent and the FS caved. We cannot even get that. I have also talked to a lawyer friend in atlanta about individually filing a suit, but I don't have access to that kind of coin.