I've got a new opinion - Page 2 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Land Use and Trails > Southeast Regional Land Use
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2010, 08:44 PM   #26 (permalink)

Member # 44394
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossyrocks View Post
Oh great idea, that strategy has worked fuckin great so far.
Brad I think she was trying to say there are probably more of us than we realize who are ready and willing to take a less peaceful approach.

And that those tactics are better left off the forum for obvious reasons. Organizing such an operation would have to be done off the forum. Otherwise we might as well turn ourselves in now

[URL="http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=865763"]Toyota parts FOR SALE 80 series, mini truck, and Taco parts[/URL]
4-lo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 10:15 PM   #27 (permalink)
The Mother F'n Goose

Member # 16809
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigGreenMonster View Post
maybe the volunteer part is a problem. what if they just started a non profit like united or the brc? this way it is there job to keep up with this stuff.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRM View Post
Where do you expect to get the money to pay this person's salary?
f*** if i know... i wounder who would know...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigGreenMonster View Post
like united or the brc?
Originally Posted by Sturgell View Post
No but my post upon further review in the context of this thread is GAY
Quote:
Originally Posted by misfitcj View Post
It works for fatties to hotties...okay so there have been a couple more fatties then hotties...I am person for god sakes. Don't judge me
Quote:
Originally Posted by john-jon View Post
Middel fangers

Last edited by Kurtuleas; 07-27-2010 at 01:41 PM.
BigGreenMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-10-2010, 07:01 AM   #28 (permalink)

Member # 73994
Quote:
Originally Posted by *darcy* View Post
brad - i think you're reading my post completely wrong. i wasn't attacking you at all, please re-read it and understand where i am coming from.

I'm not judging YOU ---- i never said that YOU said to pull up posts, I never said that you didn't write letters or whatever else. I know you were very active during the whole thing.

Hell, I told colin maybe WE should go pull up the gates, maybe we need to stand up and make a big stink about this because I am so tired of every single FS area we head into being CLOSED. remember the highroads expedition? why the fuck did they block those roads? there was no reason to, but apparently the FS decided that they knew better than us, and that we shouldnt get to go there any more. Thats bullshit, and I know you agree with me on it ... same concept for Tellico - why designate something as an OHV area, and then decide that its too much work so theyre guna shut it down.

I was genuinely asking what do you think we should we do?? What other direction do we have now that its come to this point? because I dont want to give up, and i hope everyone else doesnt either.

and finally i completely agree with you that southern should have kept everyone more involved and informed... if they had, they probably would have a better following than they do now, but you know what, live and learn. Hopefully they will see the err of their ways and change if they're really interested in keeping up this fight, and getting support for a real lawsuit.

and for your other comment, its not even worth bothering with because i could give a fuck less what someone else has to say if they can't say it to my face. Personally, I had a lot of respect for you and your opinions on this, but if you're going to attack me rather than understand where I am coming from, I dont know what to think.

All of the assumptions you made about what I wrote were completely off key - please re-read and understand that I wasn't aiming any of it at YOU, it was saying in general that its easier to talk about something than it is to actually go out and do it. I wish I had been around early to be more involved in the beginning of this battle, but I wasn't - maybe thats why i'm so passionate about supporting ANY effort thats being attempted, even if I don't agree with its progress.

I know im in a new dimension of pissed off and im sure you are as well... so i dunno if im pissed and read it wrong or if your pissed and wrote it wrong, but i apologize.
[SIZE="5"][COLOR="Red"]Tellico rally post #34[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[B][SIZE="4"][COLOR="Yellow"]FUCK The TWRA, FUCK Trout Unlimited and FUCK the US Forest Service[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]
Mossyrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 10:55 AM   #29 (permalink)

Member # 135104
I say put up or shut up. We need 1000 vehicles to show up in murphy and shut the damn place down. Clog roads, cause chaos, whatever it takes. I was for the legal way, but you have seen where that got us. Absofuckinglutely nowhere. This is all a bunch of bull shit!
Team Willys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 09:08 PM   #30 (permalink)
The Mother F'n Goose

Member # 16809
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Willys View Post
I say put up or shut up. We need 1000 vehicles to show up in murphy and shut the damn place down. Clog roads, cause chaos, whatever it takes. I was for the legal way, but you have seen where that got us. Absofuckinglutely nowhere. This is all a bunch of bull shit!
i hear you... but know this. the only way you are going to get any attention in murphy is if you shoot up the elementary school. the fs, asheville, reiligh nor washington dc give 2 shits about us or murphy. the only people you would piss off is the 100 folks you have there and the townfolk of murphy.
Originally Posted by Sturgell View Post
No but my post upon further review in the context of this thread is GAY
Quote:
Originally Posted by misfitcj View Post
It works for fatties to hotties...okay so there have been a couple more fatties then hotties...I am person for god sakes. Don't judge me
Quote:
Originally Posted by john-jon View Post
Middel fangers
BigGreenMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 06:34 PM   #31 (permalink)

Member # 104679
Taking all those vehicles and people to Tellico?? hell yeah, Im in!

Why were there lets spray paint the ranger station, take all the fishermen hostage, pour some acid in the river to kill all aquatic life and then blaze a trail through the OHV area!

Bring a cutting torch for those damn gates! WooHoo!

Last edited by ROCKRAWL; 05-11-2010 at 06:34 PM.
ROCKRAWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 09:47 PM   #32 (permalink)

Member # 44394
Sarcasm or not, I'm in. If there is no aquatic life there is no argument.

[URL="http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=865763"]Toyota parts FOR SALE 80 series, mini truck, and Taco parts[/URL]
4-lo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 12:08 PM   #33 (permalink)

Member # 5136
I know the last post was a while ago but if Southern wanted to make an impact to the Murphy/Tellico Plains area here is one suggestion. Have a Sat. date set in stone. On Friday night, have a group of dedicated wheelers to gently remove all posted signs/gates/etc and have everybody show up at the fancy bridge on trail #5 for a huge picnic at 6am. Now I know that after 1 hr. we will be covered up with rangers. Without the posted signs up, we could all say we thought it was back open and then they would ask us to leave. We leave peacefully but very slowly back toward Murphy/ Tellico Plains. Have it planned that every gas station on the route be visited by a wheeler and fill up with gas/drinks/candy-whatever. Proudly tell every business owner how much we miss spending our $$$$ at their store and have afternoon sit-ins around the town halls before we all go home. All the posted signs/gates can be left undamaged and ready to be reinstalled so noone would go to jail.

Last edited by Titanic; 07-27-2010 at 12:10 PM.
Titanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 01:10 PM   #34 (permalink)
angry

Member # 21215
Quote:
Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
I know the last post was a while ago but if Southern wanted to make an impact to the Murphy/Tellico Plains area here is one suggestion. Have a Sat. date set in stone. On Friday night, have a group of dedicated wheelers to gently remove all posted signs/gates/etc and have everybody show up at the fancy bridge on trail #5 for a huge picnic at 6am. Now I know that after 1 hr. we will be covered up with rangers. Without the posted signs up, we could all say we thought it was back open and then they would ask us to leave. We leave peacefully but very slowly back toward Murphy/ Tellico Plains. Have it planned that every gas station on the route be visited by a wheeler and fill up with gas/drinks/candy-whatever. Proudly tell every business owner how much we miss spending our $$$$ at their store and have afternoon sit-ins around the town halls before we all go home. All the posted signs/gates can be left undamaged and ready to be reinstalled so noone would go to jail.
fucking brilliant
redneckengineered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 01:29 PM   #35 (permalink)

Member # 5136
Point is-Southern needs to wake up the businesses of the area. We can post all we want but that's not going to help. My suggestion is just one idea. Where's yours? I guess yours is so F####### great you are keeping it a secret. Post up an idea or shut TFU!

Last edited by Kurtuleas; 07-27-2010 at 01:38 PM.
Old 07-27-2010, 01:40 PM   #36 (permalink)
Team 4554

Member # 23188
Please watch your language in the land-use forums... It's legit to use that language in other parts of PBB, but not in here.

I edited some posts already..but please monitor yourselves.

On another note, and FYI: Please remember that land-managers and the USFS reads this forums fairly regularly.

Our partners: Falken Tire, Vegas 4x4, CRAWL Magazine, Reid Racing, Metal Cloak, MJ Motorsports, Jessie Haines Fabrication, SFS Industries, Susanville Transmission, Pacific Fabrication, Raceline Wheels, Outlaw Grafix, The Kyburz Krawlerz, and Keith's credit card.
Kurtuleas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 02:48 PM   #37 (permalink)
Not a Wenzelite

Member # 44480
Quote:
Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
I know the last post was a while ago but if Southern wanted to make an impact to the Murphy/Tellico Plains area here is one suggestion. ....We leave peacefully but very slowly back toward Murphy/ Tellico Plains. Have it planned that every gas station on the route be visited by a wheeler and fill up with gas/drinks/candy-whatever. Proudly tell every business owner how much we miss spending our $$$$ at their store and have afternoon sit-ins around the town halls before we all go home.
I like the intent, but the execution breaks a few laws.

Think about a good way to have a "non-violent, peaceful protest" without breaking any laws. Fill the parking areas, stop in front of all the gates...walk in to the fancy bridge. Cover it with shoulder-to-shoulder people. Make a huge statement, still spend the $$$$ at the local businesses.

Show us Murphy/Tellico Plains rally V2.0.
MT4Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 08:35 PM   #38 (permalink)

Member # 5136
Quote:
Originally Posted by MT4Runner View Post
I like the intent, but the execution breaks a few laws.

Think about a good way to have a "non-violent, peaceful protest" without breaking any laws. Fill the parking areas, stop in front of all the gates...walk in to the fancy bridge. Cover it with shoulder-to-shoulder people. Make a huge statement, still spend the $$$$ at the local businesses.

Show us Murphy/Tellico Plains rally V2.0.
It's all just talk-nobody going to do anything. Doing something takes individual effort and those days are long gone. Might as well give the money to the local businesses that are directly hit hard by the closure instead of the lawyers