Pirate 4x4 banner

Tellico Update 02/27/11

57K views 258 replies 60 participants last post by  LYIN' KING 
#1 · (Edited)
Tellico OHV is Closed!
I took the family through there yesterday on our way to Tellico Plains to have lunch. We got to see the american dream in motion. All that new underground utilities and advertised realestate start our trip on the way to Allen Gap. We observed happy squirrels and birds of all species living together on the natural slope and grassy hillside that used to be an environmental destruction staging area. After passing that point we got to see breathtaking million dollar realestate views left by the methodical deforestation of the mountain side up to Trail Upper #2. After catching our breath we got to travel the dirt road of what was that abomination Trail #2until it was met with trees covering and brush blocking the road at the FS jurisdiction. You could see Lake Hiawassee from up there. I have to note the wonderful effort the FS took with the silt flowing down the mountain like lava towards Tipton Creek and the silt fences were great as well. These time tested primitive silt fences of piled brush and debris will definitely stop any errosion. I'm surprised that I haven't seen the DOT, Commercial and Residential construction companies using this technique. It has to be better than any of those as stopping silt from entering the waterways is FS priority#1. We continued further to witness all of the slop created by the FS "Fixing" that horrible trail #4. I think they did a wonderful job creating a place for the protected wild hog population to protect their sensitive skin from that sun. This area now provides mud in those times of drought by covering all of those springs. The rest of trail one is perfect as it was in those old days just past the switch backs. I'm sure the silt from that area couldn't possibly hurt any living creature. Soon from this point our family vehicle stops vibrating and is now on environmentally friendly black top and we are so happy it rained the day before to wash off all that petroleum residue for us. The creeks and streams just gleemed in the sunlight with all the bright colors of the rainbow. Then we cross the State Line into Tennessee where we just stood in amazement viewing all of those empty great reconstructed large $20 per night campsites. I have to say I was never more pround to be an American to see my tax dollars so well spent. In a time where we are all struggling and seeing our tax dollars thrown into the wind. It just brought a tear to my eye to see that the FS just doesn't want to participate in the waste. They see that every penny of my taxes goes to making sure that they justify there larger than private sector salaries and retirement plans remain a testimate to the fortitude of the will of some. I couldn't be more pleased! Just from this job alone they deserve that break in those districts until 11am everyday. I say have another cup a joe on me guys and gals. Why get dirty before lunch!

See less See more
#245 ·
Thanks for the pictures. We have heard that we may see a hearing date for sometime this summer. There is a backlog of cases and one of the Judges has or will be retiring which has thrown the schedules off a bit. This is the most recent information I have as of first of the week. Will try to keep you all on notice as soon as we know a date and time specific.

#246 ·
have the fish fuckers completely lost track of this or do THEY know that its being logged like this?

or were they just a pawn in this deal to get the land open for logging? and if so, do they know it, and did they go along for the sake of establishing precedence or what?

#257 ·
I have asthma and cant hike, could I sue the USFS under the Americans with Disablilties act?

since they are blocking me from being able to access the forest now?

My son and I rode Bowers Cove road in Union County last weekend, and it mostly closed, it used to go on for miles and miles,

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.