Snowbird OHV Open House Sat. May 29th - Page 4 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Land Use and Trails > Southeast Regional Land Use
Notices

View Poll Results: Are you going?
Hell Yes! 19 65.52%
I'm Scarred! 10 34.48%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2011, 03:38 PM   #76 (permalink)

Member # 83791
I'll be out at Snowbird a few times this winter as I'm mapping the trails. "Leaf off" makes accurate GPS reception much easier to come by. Hopefully there will be at least one snow run. I know there will also be some additional trail 're-clearing' so by early spring there should be substantially more intermediate trails to ride.
Eventhough is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-09-2012, 04:43 PM   #77 (permalink)

Member # 176299
Whats the latest on Snow Bird? Havent herd much about it lately. Is it still open? Open to the public or Members only? Update please
boat fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Old 03-11-2012, 02:56 PM   #78 (permalink)

Member # 83791
Quote:
Originally Posted by boat fanatic View Post
Whats the latest on Snow Bird? Havent herd much about it lately. Is it still open? Open to the public or Members only? Update please
Snowbird is still open for members and guests. I was up there Saturday (3/10) with a couple of other members and guests and had a blast.
Old 03-11-2012, 05:17 PM   #79 (permalink)

Member # 26935
Send a message via Yahoo to jduck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eventhough View Post
Snowbird is still open for members and guests. I was up there Saturday (3/10) with a couple of other members and guests and had a blast.
Have they opened any other rock sections?
Old 03-13-2012, 07:19 AM   #80 (permalink)

Member # 83791
Quote:
Originally Posted by jduck View Post
Have they opened any other rock sections?
I did not make it over to 'The Bowl' (area with the most rocks) my last trip up there but I was told last fall that several of the members were planning on opening more rock areas around there, plus a trail heading north from The Bowl and looping around to intersect an existing trail. The lower climb to Buzzards Roost has more rocks than last fall, and we found a few promising areas on the northwest portion of the property.
Old 03-13-2012, 07:23 PM   #81 (permalink)

Member # 26935
Quote:
I did not make it over to 'The Bowl' (area with the most rocks) my last trip up there but I was told last fall that several of the members were planning on opening more rock areas around there, plus a trail heading north from The Bowl and looping around to intersect an existing trail. The lower climb to Buzzards Roost has more rocks than last fall, and we found a few promising areas on the northwest portion of the property.
I really want to ride at this place again. If anyone has any recent pics please post up esp. of any newer stuff. There were some really crawls in some of the valleys we passed last may, it would be nice if they'd open some of that. At least get down where some trees are and some shade. It was hot as hell up there where the rocks were w/o any shade!
Old 03-13-2012, 09:51 PM   #82 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 159498
Snowbird OHV Open House Sat. May 29th

They should do another open house in May.
Old 03-14-2012, 07:28 AM   #83 (permalink)

Member # 83791
Quote:
I really want to ride at this place again. If anyone has any recent pics please post up esp. of any newer stuff. There were some really crawls in some of the valleys we passed last may, it would be nice if they'd open some of that. At least get down where some trees are and some shade. It was hot as hell up there where the rocks were w/o any shade!
I only took one pic of the climb up to Buzzards Roost and it was of the ditch at the bottom with an 80 Series LandCruiser stuck and preparing to winch.

I think I've seen some of those shaded rock gardens off to the side of trails. I'll look more closely at them next time I'm up there in April.
Old 03-16-2012, 05:26 AM   #84 (permalink)

Member # 176299
Any one know when it might be open to the public? If ever?
Old 03-16-2012, 01:27 PM   #85 (permalink)

Member # 83791
Quote:
Originally Posted by boat fanatic View Post
Any one know when it might be open to the public? If ever?
I've been told the plan is for it to be open to members and guests only.
Old 03-16-2012, 08:32 PM   #86 (permalink)

Member # 176299
Quote:
I've been told the plan is for it to be open to members and guests only.

Dont quite undestand the consept, Wouldnt there not be alot more money generated if they would open to the public? Maybe a liabilty issue? Or is this just for the well to do an there buddies a private place to wheel? Not trying to start any thing by any means. Just hard for some people to cough up 1K for a year of wheeling, in 1 place.

Last edited by boat fanatic; 03-16-2012 at 08:33 PM.
Old 03-16-2012, 08:41 PM   #87 (permalink)

Member # 3975
Thrash is a GREEDY puke period! Any questions?

Last edited by LYIN' KING; 03-16-2012 at 08:42 PM.
LYIN' KING is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-18-2012, 07:04 PM   #88 (permalink)

Member # 26935
Quote:
Originally Posted by LYIN' KING View Post
Thrash is a GREEDY puke period! Any questions?
Huh? Who's Thrash?
Old 03-18-2012, 07:49 PM   #89 (permalink)

Member # 3975
Quote:
Huh? Who's Thrash?
He owns Snowbird along with MANY other properties in the area, is an ex-Forest Service employee from the 60s who leveraged insider information and green connections to pad his already budging bank account which continues to this day.

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showp...&postcount=208

I had much more on him but it was removed by a mod and I ain't gonna stick it back up.
Old 03-19-2012, 05:56 PM   #90 (permalink)

Member # 176299
Quote:
Originally Posted by LYIN' KING View Post
He owns Snowbird along with MANY other properties in the area, is an ex-Forest Service employee from the 60s who leveraged insider information and green connections to pad his already budging bank account which continues to this day.

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showp...&postcount=208

I had much more on him but it was removed by a mod and I ain't gonna stick it back up.
So another words money isnt an issue, an I guess it will never be open to the public to turn revenue for the park.
Old 03-19-2012, 06:38 PM   #91 (permalink)

Member # 3975
Money is the WHOLE issue!!!

Take the name of the place to start with . . . it is “Snowbird Anglers” not “Snowbird OHV”.

Then there is the definition of “Snow Birds” (sic) . . .

"An elderly person who drives 1x10^25 too slow, and drives a huge, polluting SUV covered in war veteran stickers. And when they drive, their heads tend to disappear.

Someone who complains about the locals just because their lives are now obsolete and meaningless.

Someone who donates unfathomable amounts of money to funds that don't really need it.”

Then there is the fact that most of the people who pay a grand per year to fish and recreate there, the very people who have “Trout Unlimited” stickers on their rigs and were responsible for the closure of Tellico are the main subscribers to memberships.

Then there’s the fact that OHV memberships for OHV are limited to a set quota and cut-off point, 50 miles of OHV dedicated trail at this point and hence preserving, to a degree, the sanctity of the “Snowbirds”, both groups being cordoned off from each other by all practical points of view monetarily, by set quotas and proximity to resources.

Never mind that the property actually includes a bit of the old Tellico trails and requires group gropes to maximize an OHV persons investment.

Snowbird didn’t come by its name accidentally due to Little Snow Bird being part of their holdings . . .

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.