Theft Proof??? - How to keep the thieves at bay. - Page 7 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Miscellaneous > Stolen Vehicles/Parts
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2010, 11:15 PM   #151 (permalink)

Member # 156656
I bought my uncle's CJ7 from him and the speedo stopped working. I called him up and asked him what "that little magnet and wire set-up for the driveshaft" was all about and would it fix my speedo. He informed me that it was a driveshaft alarm, so that even if somebody tried to push, pull, or tow your rig, as soon as the shaft spun the alarm went off.
Though, it doesn't do much good when you come home from two weeks of extensive at-sea, submarine training and find that your brand new 36" Boggers and M/T Classic IIs were stolen from your POS '86 Dodge Ram... without the courtesy of putting the truck on blocks! Which is, another story in itself.
I never got to use the driveshaft alarm, because I never really looked much more into it due to the fact that I was way more concerned about the rapist living in my apartment complex than I was about the meth-heads stealing my Jeep, but that's NW Washington for you.

It doesn't matter now, the Jeep is currently in my garage in East Valley, AZ... and some (a lot) in West Valley, AZ... and some in Tucson, AZ. But all by my own doing. Project time!

Last edited by LS Cheep Jevy 7; 08-27-2010 at 11:33 PM.
LS Cheep Jevy 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 10:32 PM   #152 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 46467
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Cheep Jevy 7 View Post
I bought my uncle's CJ7 from him and the speedo stopped working. I called him up and asked him what "that little magnet and wire set-up for the driveshaft" was all about and would it fix my speedo. He informed me that it was a driveshaft alarm, so that even if somebody tried to push, pull, or tow your rig, as soon as the shaft spun the alarm went off.
I like the idea, thought about adding a switch to the e-brake, so when it's released it would go off. But put the horns under the dash
Old 10-19-2010, 11:21 PM   #153 (permalink)

Member # 142359
Ok it might of been answered somewhere in here already but I didnt read the whole thing. I was wondering with the brake locks that people are using to lock up the brakes when they set their alarm, dosent that drain the battery because it takes power to hold the solenoid?
locked 4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 02:32 PM   #154 (permalink)
Poseur SUV

Member # 610
Send a message via ICQ to Paul Gagnon
Quote:
Originally Posted by R290 View Post
But put the horns under the dash
On one of my trucks I have a siren inside the cab. When the alarm goes off it is deafening.
Paul Gagnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 05:26 AM   #155 (permalink)
MultiTasKing

Member # 165307
Lightbulb Theft protection and recovery - gsm gps tracking alarms

Hey Fellas,

Wanted to share this info about theft prevention and recovery.
We have been pretty lucky to never get our junk stolen but with today’s craziness going on where we live (central mexico) we decided to invest in these covert tracking alarm.

We were going to buy another device similar to the lojack that we got offered and have used before at rally races, but doing our research we found out that these devices are big in size and easily located and blocked plus the monthly monitoring fee is expensive.

Recently we were offered the newest gsm tracking alarm that we purchased at TRACK ANY CAR in Laredo Texas. These guys are great and even partnered up with our racing team. They are offering a special pirate price to kick off the new year! So if you are interested in investing in the ultimate solution in car theft prevention contact them. Contact them via their website and put attention for Frank, and mention the keyword “PIRATE”. Frank is also looking for distribuitors in the USA. They are wholesalers.

Instalation is a breeze, and unlike other tracking alarm units this one has a back up battery just in case your battery gets disconnected. All you need for it to function is a prepaid gsm sim that you can buy almost anywhere nowadays and you cell phone. The device basically sends you gps coordinates via sms to your cell phone so you can track it. You can also configure the device to send you alerts for high speed, movement, geo fencing, low battery etc.

Another great and unique feature is that this device can be programmed into a covert listening device. This was the feature we liked the most. We will be renting our rally car in a couple of months and now we can track it and also listen in to see whats going on during the rental.

Well, you can view more details and videos on their website TRACK ANY CAR.

Ponce

WorldRallyTeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 06:52 PM   #156 (permalink)

Member # 188548
onstar created a new product called onstar fmv thatll sell at best buy thats basically a new rear view mirror with onstar installed in it.

Last edited by justin12234; 05-30-2011 at 07:15 PM.
justin12234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 03:00 AM   #157 (permalink)

Member # 190462
I rewired my saturn so it no longer uses the stock ignition to start the engine (still needs it to run), and i always leave the key in it. if someone turns the key from "run" to "start" the horn goes off and locks the doors (so they can't hear it!). that oughtta confuse the shit out of 'em!

Last edited by omgitsangers; 05-28-2011 at 03:04 AM.
omgitsangers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 03:37 AM   #158 (permalink)

Member # 190462
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnryan View Post
Hey Folks.

10. Grant makes a stearing wheel quick release kit. - $200.
No stearing wheel, no way to drive.

vice grips. my dad's had to tow a few junk cars without wheels, he'd just have someone sit in the car and steer with the grips, using the clutch to stop. very illegal, but I doubt a thief is worried about legality.

Last edited by omgitsangers; 05-28-2011 at 03:38 AM.
omgitsangers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 09:58 AM   #159 (permalink)
MultiTasKing

Member # 165307
Inexpensive Car Alarm with GPS Tracker

Here are some images of how the configuration of the tracker looks like, the unit always responds via SMS to your cell phone.

The tracker can be switched to MONITOR mode so you can hear what is going on in your car at anytime.

When you sms the TRACK command to the unit it will respond with cordinates so you can track via google maps.

Works very similar to the Lo-Jack but you control it. We have our units hidden in our vehicles and connected to a 12 volt source, the unit has a 48 hr back up battery. We have them programmed that alert us if the vehicles leave a certain area.

To get the special price of $89 with Free Shipping and the Free 12volt hard wire all you have to do is CONTACT BY CLICKING HERE and mention "PIRATE 4x4" as the promo code or pm me to get the deal!

This is what the Tracker Alarm comes with:
* Tracker unit
* 2 Batteries
* Charger
* Water proof bag
* Software
* Magnetic and Plastic Cover
* Free 12 volt car charger[/B]

iTrack - GPS Real-Time Tracker - YouTube