where's my driveshaft? - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Miscellaneous > Stolen Vehicles/Parts
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2004, 05:59 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 16730
Send a message via AIM to rhino9er
where's my driveshaft?

That is exactly what I'd like to know. The rear driveshfaft was stolen off of my '81 Blazer between noon on saturday and 6:30 monday morning. The truck was parked in Davis and I was gone for the weekend. The driveshaft was extended because my truck has a 4" lift and it also has a CV Joint(which did not come stock on the vehicle). It was painted silver/gray. The slip yoke fits a 205 or 208 t-case and the u-joint at the other end was for a pinion yoke on a 10-bolt. I'm not sure if the u-joints are the same size for a 12-bolt or not. It was new less than a year ago.

Imagine my surprise when I went to drive to work this morning and my truck didn't go into gear. I thought maybe something was wrong with the shift linkage, but didn't have time to look at it until this afternoon. That's when I realized what had happened. There aren't many trucks in Davis like this that would require this driveshaft, so I have suspicion to believe that it was an auto shop that is right across the street from where my truck was parked.

Anyways, if you guys could keep your eyes open for me, I'd greatly appreciate it. It makes it even harder when you're in school and don't have much time or money to take care of this shit. This incident is going to end up costing me a trip down to San Diego.

Oh, I guess I'm also looking for a driveshaft to replace this.

Thanks,

Ryan