Donahoe Race Truck Stolen!!! - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Miscellaneous > Stolen Vehicles/Parts
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2004, 12:53 PM   #1 (permalink)
4xdork

Member # 3263
Donahoe Race Truck Stolen!!!

Hi everyone, I need to broadcast this information far and wide - last night (9/16/04) in the parking lot in front of Donahoe Racing Enterprises, in Anaheim, CA a White Race Trailer was stolen with a Class 7S Champion Race Truck inside. All the locks were cut that locked the trailer in our lot. The Trailer is white with a Giant #720, Norwalk Toyota and BFGoodrich and other sponsors on the side. The Race Truck has is all white with black, grey and Red graphics on each side and a giant DR on both side doors. Here are the specs of the truck from our website - we figure that these thieves cannot sell the truck so they will part it out.

Motor:
Toyota 3.0 V6
Hardin Crank, JE piston, 3.4L Rods
250 HP
Automatic A340E Transmission

Suspension:
12" Travel in front
16" Travel in rear
Sway-a-way Shocks

Fabrication: Donahoe Racing

Tires: 35" BFG Baja Terrains

Top Speed: 100 MPH

Other Facts:
35 Gallon fuel cell
Global positioning satellite system
Hanneman Fiberglass fenders
Ford 9" with 6.33 Gears
Walker Evans bead lock race wheels

ALSO included in the Truck/Trailer were race helmets, a GPS system from PCI, 6 dump cans, PCI race radios and intercoms, assorted tools, a brand new generator, two - three race suits, and more as you can imagine.

This race truck is a Champion, proven truck and we'd like her back in one piece - please keep your eyes peeled, especially in the classified ads of the various publications that the different groups have out there. If you see or hear anything, I would greatly appreciate a call - we have the police on it, but there isn't much they can do right now.

If you see an ad for any of the below please contact Donahoe Racing at (714) 632-3033 or email me at pdracer@pacbell.net or kdonahoe@donahoeracing.com. Please forward to anyone you think could be of help.

Thanks a ton,
ARMY TRUCK STOLEN!
fcfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2004, 01:21 PM   #2 (permalink)
4xdork

Member # 3263
here's a pic
Attached Images

ARMY TRUCK STOLEN!
fcfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-25-2004, 10:54 AM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 5132
Quote:
Well I have good news and bad news...., but suffice it to say that the race truck was recovered yesterday, however it was stripped. It was either divine intervention or a phenomenal case of coincidence, but Mike called Deputy Steve Williams of the LA County Sheriffs, who is also a racer and former competitor of ours in Stock Mini, to be on the look out for the truck. Steve got off the phone with Mike, walked into the yard at his station and there was the truck sitting on a flat bed tow truck, having just been picked up as an abandoned vehicle in a residential neighborhood near Carson. It dropped right in his lap. So the truck is safely in the hands of the Sheriff's dept., but stripped and stripped by someone who knew what they wanted and what they were taking.

I wanted to extend our sincere thanks to all of your for your help. It was great to see how so many called upon anyone they could think of to help us find that truck. At least we know for every POS slime ball out there, there are several good hearted racers that are for the sport and good competition.

Thanks again to all - I'll let Kreg give the specifics of what was taken, and maybe in your travels you might come across one of these items and we can nail this SOB and expose him or her for the rat that they are.

Thanks again to everyone -
Quote:
There is not enough of the truck left to be able to race the 1000. Kyle is right it was Bob's truck that was stolen, and both the 7S and Stock Mini are in the hunt for the championship - Bob is ahead in points, but also in a points battle for 7S - so they are going to have race the 1000 and have to borrow a truck to do so, which sucks, but at least there are some options for Bob and Mike to consider.

The front suspension that Kreg built is there, but all the shocks, springs, rear end, fuel cell, ever single body panel, incl the doors, and more is gone....the team just doesn't have the funds to redo everything prior to the race unfortunately.

It is nice to at least have the truck itself back and we feel good that it's home and Bob and Mike are relieved - the hunt for the thieves is on-going as well. The truck will need some serious TLC to get back to it's prior self. However, whoever stole it wanted the parts and that was it - so it wasn't cut up or damaged or anything like that and it will be able to race again.
Bubba Ray Boudreaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2004, 08:32 AM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 19652
Send a message via AIM to socalchef
ah man, i work right around the corner from you guys and dig seeing the trucks that are in the lot. i'll keep my eyes out in the for sale sections and i'll pass the word along. hope everything comes back ok. we just put a couple german shepards in our lot, mean ole fuckers, you should think about the same.
socalchef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 05:53 PM   #5 (permalink)

Member # 36639
Send a message via AIM to Wild_yota13
Man I really feel sorry for you that looks like an awsome truck

Wild_yota13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2004, 09:18 PM   #6 (permalink)

Member # 1012
Send a message via MSN to JerryRigs
The guys at Donahoe are AWSOME.......The old ladys truck has a Donahoe lift and whenever I've called they've been nothin but Awsome. I have only heard great things about your company and 3 of our group run your stuff with 2 more trucks in the developing stages.......Sorry to hear about the loss, hope they catch the SOB's

[url]http://www.myspace.com/dbl530[/url]

[SIZE=4]BE COOL, CLICK THE ADS[/SIZE]
JerryRigs is offline   Reply With Quote