Wizard/Donahoe Shock Tuning Seminar - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Vendor's Marketplace > Suspension
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2006, 11:16 AM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 47597
Wizard/Donahoe Shock Tuning Seminar

Have you ever wondered how top off-road experts tune their suspension to handle the nastiest off-road abuse and get the absolute best performance possible? Are you interested in learning these skills? Would you like to learn how to tune your own suspension for optimum performance? Would you like to learn all of this for free? If so, please read on.

Wizard Schools of Fabrication’s Riverside, CA facility is excited to announce their first Suspension Tuning Seminar, hosted by Donahoe Racing’s President, Kreg Donahoe, and their lead R&D Engineer, Dylan Evans. The duo of off-road experts will share their tremendous shock absorber knowledge to the general public at this free seminar. This one of a kind event will be held at the massive 38,000sq.ft. Wizard Schools headquarters in Riverside, CA. We will also include a free BBQ and soft drinks for all in attendance. The date of the first seminar will be announced soon, but preliminary planning suggests an early or mid-September date (not Labor Day weekend obviously). We invite you to come out and learn from the pros how to properly set up the shocks on your off-road vehicle, including spring rate selection, preload, rate-nut adjustment, valving and how to re-valve your own shocks, how to dial-in your bypass shocks, general shock terminology and technical knowledge, and much more. This incredible shock tuning seminar will apply to all types of off-road vehicles that use coil-over shocks and/or bypass shocks, including sand cars, prerunner and race trucks, as well as rock crawlers.

The idea for this seminar came about via talks among John Devillier, founder of Wizard Schools, and Kreg Donahoe. They concluded that a shock tuning seminar would be great for the industry as a whole, allowing avid off-roaders to further their knowledge of how shocks work and how to get the best performance out of the setup of shocks they have on their own off-road vehicle. Whether you are a casual off-roader or an intense driver looking for every ounce of performance, this seminar can help you perfect your vehicle’s handling, especially in the rough stuff.

While this is a free seminar open to the public, it makes sense to limit the amount of attendees so that everyone can be close enough to hear what is being taught. For that reason we’re going to limit each seminar to 100 people, and offer three seminars of 100 people on the same day. If the response to this seminar is so great that we need to add additional dates, we will certainly do so. In order to stick to the 100 person limit per seminar, we require everyone interested in attending to call us and make your reservation. We‘re not trying to sell you anything, there is nothing to buy, no sales pitch at all, we just want to make a list of those who plan to come so we can keep it organized.

If any off-road companies or race teams are interested in setting up a booth on the day of these seminars, please give us a call and we’ll get you a spot. There is no charge for these booths.

To get on the list of attendees for the Suspension Tuning Seminar, or for companies or race teams wishing to have a booth at the seminars, please call Doug Dixon, Wizard School’s Promotions Manager, at 602-540-7044.

--------------------

Doug Dixon
Wizard Schools of Fabrication
http://www.wizardfabrications.com
(602) 540-7044
Old 07-26-2006, 12:01 PM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 51014
We'll have an update later today on the time and date and some more details about the seminar. Spots are going fast, so if you are interested, give me a call.
Old 07-26-2006, 02:30 PM   #3 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 22176
Will you be showing shock dyno curves and explaining the nuances of the curve as well as what everything means?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyComanche View Post
If you can make wine in a toilet, you can make wine in Texas.
Beat95YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-26-2006, 07:49 PM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 51014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beat95YJ
Will you be showing shock dyno curves and explaining the nuances of the curve as well as what everything means?
I talked to Kreg Donahoe today and he did mention including shock dyno info.
Old 07-26-2006, 07:50 PM   #5 (permalink)

Member # 51014
Official Press Release

Have you ever wondered how top off-road experts tune their suspension to handle the nastiest off-road abuse and get the absolute best performance possible? Would you like to learn how to tune your own suspension for optimum performance like the pros? Are you interesting in knowing how to rebuild and re-valve your own shocks? Would you like to learn all of this for free?

Wizard Schools of Fabrication and Donahoe Racing are excited to announce their first Off-Road Suspension Tuning Seminar, to be held September 22nd and 23rd at the massive 38,000sq.ft. Wizard Schools headquarters in Riverside, CA. This free two-day seminar will be taught by Donahoe Racing President, Kreg Donahoe, and their lead R&D Engineer, Dylan Evans, and is open to the public and the media. These seminars will be mainly targeted towards off-road, sand dune, and rock crawler enthusiasts, however we also welcome any race teams or fabrication shops to join us for this extremely informative event. There will be one seminar on Friday, September 22, and two on Saturday, September 23, with a free BBQ following each seminar. The start time for Friday’s course is 6pm, while Saturday’s seminars will begin at 10am and 3pm. Each seminar will have a comprehensive presentation by Kreg and Dylan, followed by a question and answer session with attendees. The expected duration of each seminar is 2-3 hours.

The idea for this suspension education session came about via talks among John Devillier, founder of Wizard Schools of Fabrication, and Kreg Donahoe. They concluded that a suspension/shock seminar would be great for the industry as a whole, allowing avid off-roaders to further their knowledge of how shocks work and how to get the best performance out of the setup of shocks they have on their own off-road vehicle. Whether you are a casual off-roader or an intense driver looking for every ounce of performance, this seminar can help you perfect your vehicle’s handling, especially in the rough stuff.

The seminars will begin with the history and evolution of off-road suspension, specifically focusing on shock absorbers. From there, every aspect of modern off-road shocks will be covered, beginning with what a shock is and how it works, which will include all of the various types of shocks currently in use in the off-road world. Other topics to be covered include the art of tuning shocks, and how geometry, application, vehicle weight and other factors affect shock tuning in the real world. The actual shock tuning portion will include spring rate selection, spring preload, rate nut adjustment, shock valving, bypass adjustment, and many other related factors. Also covered will the techniques involved in rebuilding and re-valving your own shocks.

While this is a free seminar open to the public, we must limit the amount of attendees so that everyone can be close enough to hear what is being taught. For that reason we’re going to limit each seminar to 100 people (a total of 300 for the three seminars). In order to stick to the 100 person limit per seminar, we require everyone interested in attending to call us and make a reservation. To do so please call 877-WIZ-FABS (877-949-3227) and speak with Doug Dixon, Wizard Schools’ Promotions Manager. Please be prepared to specify which of the three seminars you wish to attend.

Members of the media are encouraged to attend, and may take notes and photos, however since we will be video taping the event for a possible DVD release, we ask that no attendees, be they public or media persons, take any video of the seminars.

Off-road related companies or race teams interested in setting up a booth during these seminars, please give us a call and we’ll reserve you a spot. There is no charge for these booths. We also have limited opportunities available for companies to become co-sponsors of the event, such as helping with the BBQ or promotions.

Once again, for reservations or general questions about the Wizard Schools of Fabrication and Donahoe Racing Off-Road Suspension Tuning Seminar, please contact Doug Dixon at 877-WIZ-FABS (877-949-3227), or visit our web site at www.wizardschools.com .
Old 07-30-2006, 10:21 PM   #6 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 5639
any releases of this would be great

Experience is what you get 30 seconds after you need it

Just Add Lightness
Weasel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-01-2006, 09:52 AM   #7 (permalink)

Member # 51014
Here's an update. People keep asking me which of the three seminars do I think will be the least crowded. Well... we fully expect all three of them to be full, which means 100 people each. However, the Riverside Wizard Schools facility is huge, so 100 people will not be overly crowded.

So far the Saturday, Sept. 23 at 10 am class is filling up the fastest. It will probably be full by the end of the week.

The Friday night class is the second favorite choice, with the Saturday afternoon class a close third.
Old 08-15-2006, 11:27 AM   #8 (permalink)

Member # 51014
Not too many spots left so if anyone wants to attend this that hasn't called yet, give me a shout.
Old 09-13-2006, 11:15 AM   #9 (permalink)

Member # 51014
Update: There are still some spots in the Friday evening seminar. The Saturday morning one is full, and there are a very small amount of spots left for Saturday afternoon. If anyone that wants to attend hasn't called yet, now is the time to do it.

Just a reminder, the dates are Sept. 22 and 23.
Old 09-13-2006, 12:28 PM   #10 (permalink)
Pirate is KING!

Member # 12217
I am so bummed we will be competing that weekend...I REALLY would love to attend. If you decide to take video, I'd buy a copy if it wasn't outrageous $.

Please PM me if you decide to do this as I'll be on the road for the next few weeks.

Thanks.
RedBullJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-20-2006, 08:46 PM   #11 (permalink)

Member # 51014
Here are three maps of where the Riverside Wizard Schools facility is located. The address is 4200 Garner Rd., Riverside, CA 92501. If anyone has any questions on how to get there, give me a call or post it here. For those that want to go but have not called yet, I have a few spots left for the Friday evening seminar, so give me a call.
Attached Images

Old 09-23-2006, 10:03 AM   #12 (permalink)

Member # 51014
Wow, last night was awesome. Thanks to everyone that came out to the seminar. I thought Kreg and Dylan did an outstanding job of explaining everything for both the tech heads that want formulas or someone just wanting to gain a basic knowledge of how it all works, and everything in between. The question and answer session was incredible. Covered everything from race trucks to rock crawlers and buggies and more.

Those of you signed up for today... don't miss it. You'll be glad you made it. Shoot, I've been studying and working on off-road suspension systems for 20 years and I still a learned a lot.

I know several people from Pirate that are on the list today, hope to see you all there.

And... this just in. We added an extra 20 chairs last night, so I now have 20 more spots available for both seminars today. One starts at 10am and one at 3pm. If you want one of those 20 spots give me a call.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.