Need Help. 1.3 EFI hesitation - Page 2 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Brand Specific Tech > Suzuki
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2012, 06:16 PM   #26 (permalink)

Member # 111620
hum take this for what you will.it's not the same FI but its worth a try. i swapped the swift FI on my sami and started to have problems similar to your's then it would get worse would not start then would idle like complete crap.well i found out it was the temp sensor (not for the idiot light)but the other one on the intake.I went through everything i could think of tested this and tested that asked around the forums. well when i did pull it out to test there was a air bubble in the line and the sensor was bad.replaced it for $18 and never had a problem again
stevew007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 08:19 AM   #27 (permalink)

Member # 205961
UPDATE!!!!
So here's the deal with the ECM. After a buddy of mine replaced the caps (old ones were leaking) I thought I had solved the "hesitation, stumbling" on little 1.3L TBI system. NOT! It was still the same. So fu(k ...I had almost given up and was ready to "throw in the towel".
SO after many hours of "wrenching" in my head and going thru every possible scenario. I went with my 1st instinct. It still has to be the ECM. So I sent the ECM out to the "Speedometerrepairguy" which he tested and repaired for $75.00. Apparently my ECM had a open injector circuit on one off the printed boards within the ECM. Man this guy David kicks ass. Had it returned within a week back to AZ. Much thanks. Saved me sum ca$h. Checked online for a ECM $300+. Fu(k that
Gilamobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-29-2012, 08:29 AM   #28 (permalink)

Member # 14033
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilamobster View Post
UPDATE!!!!
So here's the deal with the ECM. After a buddy of mine replaced the caps (old ones were leaking) I thought I had solved the "hesitation, stumbling" on little 1.3L TBI system. NOT! It was still the same. So fu(k ...I had almost given up and was ready to "throw in the towel".
SO after many hours of "wrenching" in my head and going thru every possible scenario. I went with my 1st instinct. It still has to be the ECM. So I sent the ECM out to the "Speedometerrepairguy" which he tested and repaired for $75.00. Apparently my ECM had a open injector circuit on one off the printed boards within the ECM. Man this guy David kicks ass. Had it returned within a week back to AZ. Much thanks. Saved me sum ca$h. Checked online for a ECM $300+. Fu(k that
Glad you got it fixed. It is pretty common for the caps to cause trace damage. So just replacing the caps usually doesn't fix the ECM, in my experience.
Old 03-29-2012, 04:24 PM   #29 (permalink)

Member # 205961
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyhiranger View Post
Glad you got it fixed. It is pretty common for the caps to cause trace damage. So just replacing the caps usually doesn't fix the ECM, in my experience.
Fo sho!!!!

Them Zuki gremlins can sure do some damage!
Gilamobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 05:56 PM   #30 (permalink)

Member # 80195
Congrats

Ain't it somethin you go from pure hell to instant heaven, happy trails.
rockandroll is offline   Reply With Quote