Pirate 4x4 banner

95 geo tracker help

1K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  dropitlow88 
#1 ·
I picked a well used 95 Geo Tracker 1.6 16 valve 4x4 from a coworker for cheap. My plan is to make it into a cheap side by side. I've been having some cold starting troubles and after looking under the hood I think it would be a good idea to convert it to a carburetor for simpicity and to clean up the engine compartment. This thing is rusty and needs new fuel lines and the fuel filler neck is rusted and needs replacing. I've seen some posts on how people are using Harley Davidson carbs and wondering what it would take to to run one on mine? I also would like to know if an earlier distributor would work in this motor so i could delete the ECM all together. Remember this vehicle will be off road only and will not be street legal.

#4 ·
Well if it involves a custom intake I'll keep the EFI. I was wondering if an earlier throttle body intake would bolt up. I think it would be easy to make a carburetor adapt to that style intake.
Check engine light is on. I think I have a fuel pressure problem. When the engine is cold it cranks for a long time and then just fires once. then I crank it again and it will fire again. Take a couple times then it runs by itself. After it warms up it runs good and start great warm.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.