Arizona was just plain awesome! - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum
 
Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Brand Specific Tech > Suzuki
Notices

Reply
 
Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2004, 10:29 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Member # 2816
Location: Loma Linda, CA
Posts: 1,566
Arizona was just plain awesome!

Chris and I got back from Arizona yesterday and we had a blast. There are some pics on the general board for those who require pics. Chris blew a t-case (#4 or 5) after the first trail so he had to get another for me to regear Sat. Night. He missed out on Matrix which was a pretty good trail. We were all back up and running Sat. Night though. Trails done: Preditor, Anihilator, Terminator, Matrix, Anaconda, New Trail, Twisted, and some other I can't remember. The nerple held up great with no broken parts. Arizona definitely sets the bar for hardcore trails. Chris and I gotta go find some new stuff in J.V. to rival. You guys missed out cause Their trails make our known trails look like child's play.
TheNerple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2004, 10:53 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Member # 12382
Location: hamilton in
Posts: 327
yes table mesa goooood

so you like my most favorite place in the world wheel.........

i was up there almost every weekend when i lived in phx.......

then i moved too indiana which sucks in very large portions......
__________________
steamy pile on 33,s
rabidray is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-20-2004, 10:56 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Member # 3550
Location: Phoenix, Az
Posts: 5,608
Re: Arizona was just plain awesome!

Quote:
Originally posted by ThePurpleNerple
Chris and I got back from Arizona yesterday and we had a blast. There are some pics on the general board for those who require pics. Chris blew a t-case (#4 or 5) after the first trail so he had to get another for me to regear Sat. Night. He missed out on Matrix which was a pretty good trail. We were all back up and running Sat. Night though. Trails done: Preditor, Anihilator, Terminator, Matrix, Anaconda, New Trail, Twisted, and some other I can't remember. The nerple held up great with no broken parts. Arizona definitely sets the bar for hardcore trails. Chris and I gotta go find some new stuff in J.V. to rival. You guys missed out cause Their trails make our known trails look like child's play.
I think you guys also ran Armageddon and Collateral Damage. If you come back this Thanksgiving we might introduce you to Hellraiser
Attached Images
 
__________________
Chassis Plans for the Do-It-Yourselfer
[url]www.azrockcrawler.com[/url]
Azrckcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2004, 10:57 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Member # 3550
Location: Phoenix, Az
Posts: 5,608
And one more.....
Attached Images
 
__________________
Chassis Plans for the Do-It-Yourselfer
[url]www.azrockcrawler.com[/url]
Azrckcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2004, 11:10 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Member # 3550
Location: Phoenix, Az
Posts: 5,608
Oopps, had one more. this one looks up the waterfall shown in the first pic but I was standing about halfway up it.
Attached Images
 
__________________
Chassis Plans for the Do-It-Yourselfer
[url]www.azrockcrawler.com[/url]
Azrckcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2004, 02:55 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Member # 15343
Location: PARADISE GUAM, USA 13N/144E
Posts: 2,617
dam I gotta move to AZ
__________________
DIRT, MUD, ROCKS WHATEVER!!!!
Islandzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2004, 03:49 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Member # 8690
Location: Layton UT
Posts: 780
Send a message via AIM to jp008 Send a message via MSN to jp008
Ummmmmm...........................you suck. But congrats on getting to run the AZ rocks.
__________________
Jim Phillips (D.O.R.)
87 Samurai-91 Kick
jp008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2004, 07:49 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2000
Member # 977
Location: Ukiah CA
Posts: 3,170
Did the narrowing seem to help?
__________________
eXtreme web-wheeler!
scwafish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2004, 08:41 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Member # 2268
Location: Pueblo, CO
Posts: 307
Send a message via ICQ to ShadowZuk Send a message via AIM to ShadowZuk Send a message via MSN to ShadowZuk
How did the t-case break? Curiousity rules
__________________
87 Suzuki Samurai 4x4, Stock motor, Toy P/S, Transmission, 4:16:1 t-case, Dana 44's f/r. SPOA w/YJ springs. 35" Boggers.
ShadowZuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2004, 05:33 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Member # 3550
Location: Phoenix, Az
Posts: 5,608
Quote:
Originally posted by ShadowZuk
How did the t-case break? Curiousity rules
I think you guys should post bunch of pics of the mounting, dshafts, etc so everyone here can take a stab at why Chris is breaking so many. For those who don't know, he's been tearing chunks out of the case (usually where the mounting holes are), or just splitting the back half. He's using a TT t-case bucket so I would think that should eliminate case flex, also the front driveshaft is square.
__________________
Chassis Plans for the Do-It-Yourselfer
[url]www.azrockcrawler.com[/url]
Azrckcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2004, 09:26 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member # 9474
Location: Heart at Paragon Adventure Park
Posts: 2,008
Man one of these days i am going to egt out there I am hoping in the next year or so. That place looks sweet as hell is it open to anyone?
__________________
Former samurai owner........
I AM IN NOW WAY RESPONSIBLE FOR MY SPELLING!!!!!
FLEXYSAMMY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2004, 09:35 AM   #12 (permalink)
Rock God
 
EMIEVEL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member # 9482
Location: Apple Valley, CA
Posts: 2,336
I think the t-case problems will be over soon. I broke several of them before I got the bucket, so there is no excuse for those. I've broken two with the bucket though. The first one was because I didn't check the mounting bolts, and they all loosened up and the t-case started rocking until it broke. The second one, however, broke before the bolts had a chance to loosen up. It cracked next to the mount on the back half. I don't really know why and I was really bummed because I had a bet with Erik that I wouldn't break in Phoenix! It broke on the first run, on that easy trail before Annihilater.
All the front output shafts broke because the front driveshaft was a little long, and I was using the front driveshaft for traction on an optional line on Outer Limits. That square driveshaft is going to get replaced soon anyway. I haven't broken another front output since Erik shortened the driveshaft.

Chris
EMIEVEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2004, 10:32 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Member # 2816
Location: Loma Linda, CA
Posts: 1,566
Sounds like your t-case problems are coming to a close? Does your mechanic rule or what?
TheNerple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2004, 10:55 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Member # 8174
Location: So Cal, home of the Hammers!!!!!!
Posts: 3,565
Send a message via MSN to Bill4rest
Quote:
Originally posted by EMIEVEL
I think the t-case problems will be over soon. I broke several of them before I got the bucket, so there is no excuse for those. I've broken two with the bucket though. The first one was because I didn't check the mounting bolts, and they all loosened up and the t-case started rocking until it broke. The second one, however, broke before the bolts had a chance to loosen up. It cracked next to the mount on the back half. I don't really know why and I was really bummed because I had a bet with Erik that I wouldn't break in Phoenix! It broke on the first run, on that easy trail before Annihilater.
All the front output shafts broke because the front driveshaft was a little long, and I was using the front driveshaft for traction on an optional line on Outer Limits. That square driveshaft is going to get replaced soon anyway. I haven't broken another front output since Erik shortened the driveshaft.

Chris
Which "bucket" and show some pics
Bill4rest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2004, 11:07 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Member # 3550
Location: Phoenix, Az
Posts: 5,608
Quote:
Originally posted by EMIEVEL
I think the t-case problems will be over soon. I broke several of them before I got the bucket, so there is no excuse for those. I've broken two with the bucket though. The first one was because I didn't check the mounting bolts, and they all loosened up and the t-case started rocking until it broke. The second one, however, broke before the bolts had a chance to loosen up. It cracked next to the mount on the back half. I don't really know why and I was really bummed because I had a bet with Erik that I wouldn't break in Phoenix! It broke on the first run, on that easy trail before Annihilater.
All the front output shafts broke because the front driveshaft was a little long, and I was using the front driveshaft for traction on an optional line on Outer Limits. That square driveshaft is going to get replaced soon anyway. I haven't broken another front output since Erik shortened the driveshaft.

Chris
I just mentioned the d-shaft because JackA's seemed to be doing a number on his D60 pinion and front output after only a couple weeks of running. He does run drive flanges so the front is always spinning. If only somebody would could make an affordable rear case out of billet.......
__________________
Chassis Plans for the Do-It-Yourselfer
[url]www.azrockcrawler.com[/url]
Azrckcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2004, 11:08 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Member # 3550
Location: Phoenix, Az
Posts: 5,608
Quote:
Originally posted by FLEXYSAMMY
Man one of these days i am going to egt out there I am hoping in the next year or so. That place looks sweet as hell is it open to anyone?

You won't find Hellraiser without someone from our club along, it's in a very remote location.
__________________
Chassis Plans for the Do-It-Yourselfer
[url]www.azrockcrawler.com[/url]
Azrckcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2004, 02:18 PM   #17 (permalink)
Rock God
 
EMIEVEL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member # 9482
Location: Apple Valley, CA
Posts: 2,336
Quote:
Originally posted by Bill4rest


Which "bucket" and show some pics
I have the Trail Tough bucket modified with another mount that attaches to the front of the case. Basically, it uses the same mounting points as the Forest Bucket. I don't have an easy way to post pics.

Chris
EMIEVEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2004, 02:32 PM   #18 (permalink)
Rock God
 
EMIEVEL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member # 9482
Location: Apple Valley, CA
Posts: 2,336
Quote:
Originally posted by TheNerple
Sounds like your t-case problems are coming to a close? Does your mechanic rule or what?
Are you asking or telling?

Chris
EMIEVEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2004, 04:04 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Member # 2816
Location: Loma Linda, CA
Posts: 1,566
Time will tell! hahahahahaha
TheNerple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2004, 06:01 AM   #20 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member # 9474
Location: Heart at Paragon Adventure Park
Posts: 2,008
Quote:
Originally posted by Azrckcrawler



You won't find Hellraiser without someone from our club along, it's in a very remote location.

So let's say I wanted to come out there and wheel with you guys think you might be able to show me around?
__________________
Former samurai owner........
I AM IN NOW WAY RESPONSIBLE FOR MY SPELLING!!!!!
FLEXYSAMMY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2004, 06:12 AM   #21 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Member # 3550
Location: Phoenix, Az
Posts: 5,608
Quote:
Originally posted by FLEXYSAMMY



So let's say I wanted to come out there and wheel with you guys think you might be able to show me around?
Just give us some advanced notice and bring spare parts
__________________
Chassis Plans for the Do-It-Yourselfer
[url]www.azrockcrawler.com[/url]
Azrckcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2004, 09:30 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Member # 2816
Location: Loma Linda, CA
Posts: 1,566
Awwww comon' Do samurais really break?
TheNerple is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply





Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:31 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.