Suzuki interchangeable parts thread - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Brand Specific Tech > Suzuki
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2008, 10:07 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 11983
Suzuki interchangeable parts thread

I'd like to start a thread that lists all the interchangeable parts possible for a suzuki or sidekick. I'd love to have an accurate listing all compiled in one thread of all the possible swaps. After searching for some time now I've found a lot of misinformation. Lets get one go to thread for all the possibilities that can be done. Plus the thread can be policed much like the Zuk Faq. From 1.3l to 1.6l engine parts to toy steering shafts to sammy to kick/tracker to anything else. It doesn't need to be able to bolt right up but come together with at least little to no modification. Please help out and post up your knowledge.
Old 01-04-2008, 11:27 AM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 48911
88 toyota tercel clutch is a direct fit replacement, and is usually cheaper too.
cajunsuzukispider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Old 01-04-2008, 01:11 PM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 8687
There is a thread like this somewhere in here from a couple years ago. I remember it had some good stuff in it too.
The word "jones" is a slang term meaning to crave, want, or desire; or, to feel withdrawal from an activity of passion. The general slang meaning is often associated with addictive substance habits but can be applied on a more universal scale.
jones is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2008, 02:10 PM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 11983
Quote:
Originally Posted by jones View Post
There is a thread like this somewhere in here from a couple years ago. I remember it had some good stuff in it too.
Time for an update there's a lot of new members everyday that might have something to see or that they know. For example I found this one out after the fact. I was sitting there about to cut my sammy steering shaft in half and weld it together with my toy IFS steering shaft out of the junkyard when I took a good look at the bolt pattern. I took the sammy part that went to the steering wheel ditched the crappy sammy rag joint and put the lower half of the toy steering shaft on it. I then got rid of the rag joint and it bolts up to my IFS box. Two birds one stone.
Attached Images

Old 01-04-2008, 02:33 PM   #5 (permalink)

Member # 8687
I know there's new members, but the old ones know more.

I just meant that we should have the old info here as well. I tried searching for the old thread, but I can't find it right now. If someone else finds it they should link it to this post.

I said it in the old post, but I know that a Chev Sprint has a few interchangeable parts like the timing cover and fuel pump. There's likely other parts too like the alternator and water pump.
The word "jones" is a slang term meaning to crave, want, or desire; or, to feel withdrawal from an activity of passion. The general slang meaning is often associated with addictive substance habits but can be applied on a more universal scale.
jones is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2008, 03:00 PM   #6 (permalink)

Member # 11983
You need a l.3l distributor and intake manifold bolted up to the side of your 1.6l 8 valve in order to run the propane kit. So its not something you should throw away.
I've also found out that after Trail Tough modifies a 16 valve harness you can use a manual or auto computer to run either tranny because the connections going to the tranny are eliminated

Then there is the 1978 Dodge truck with the v8 318 that you can use to upgrade the motor mounts in a sammy. They lower the engine 1/2" and you need to hog out the mount holes a little but they bolt right in.

Last edited by moveaside; 01-08-2008 at 07:19 PM.
moveaside is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2008, 06:42 PM   #7 (permalink)

Member # 14033
Quote:
Originally Posted by moveaside View Post
Then there is the 1978 Dodge truck with the v8 318 that you can use to upgrade the motor mounts in a sammy. They raise the engine 1/2" and you need to hog out the mount holes a little but they bolt right in.
You're right, other than the 318 mounts actually lower the engine.
Old 01-08-2008, 07:18 PM   #8 (permalink)

Member # 11983
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyhiranger View Post
You're right, other than the 318 mounts actually lower the engine.
Thanks for the correction I'll edit the post as well I'd like to keep this thread as accurate as possible. Still looking for others to post up come awn

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.