Please help me diagnose stalling probelm - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Brand Specific Tech > Suzuki
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2008, 04:59 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 61423
Please help me diagnose stalling probelm

I just want to get a ton of comments on things to check. I've already checked many items (as I will list below) and it still stalls on me.

Running a 1.6L 8valve TBFI set up with a 3 speed 2WD Auto tranny.

The stalling comes and goes and usually does so in bunches. Meaning that I can run fine for an hour and then it will stall on me 4 or 5 times in a row after start up. It used to blow out black smoke but not so much anymore. I have to press the gas pedal all the way down to get it going again. If I had to guess, it seems like it does it more often when it's been running for awhile and I turn the engine off. When starting it back up, or after it's been running for only a short time after the initial turn off, that's when it happens the most.

Things I've already done or replaced:

* map sensor
* O2 sensor
* fuel lines
* added seafoam gas treatment
* new battery
* new engine (rebuilt)
* timing adjusted
* fuel filter
* vacuum lines checked
* idle checked
* new spark plugs
* Fuel Injection working ok - spray is not plugged up

So what are some other things I can check? Thanks for the help.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 06:51 AM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 48911
coolant temp sensor. it's one very very important sensor for the proper running of the motor. the computer MUST know the engines proper temp.
also, check the coolant level. my dodge and my girl's ford were both acting up real funny with bad running, backfiring, cutting off..... and it turned out they were low on coolant. must have been, cuz when we filled them up, they act fine.

also, use some carb cleaner to check for vacuum leaks.
and get a service manual of some kind. they tell just how to check sensors for proper voltage output and such.
cajunsuzukispider is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-06-2008, 09:48 AM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 61423
Quote:
Originally Posted by cajunsuzukispider View Post
coolant temp sensor. it's one very very important sensor for the proper running of the motor. the computer MUST know the engines proper temp.
also, check the coolant level. my dodge and my girl's ford were both acting up real funny with bad running, backfiring, cutting off..... and it turned out they were low on coolant. must have been, cuz when we filled them up, they act fine.

also, use some carb cleaner to check for vacuum leaks.
and get a service manual of some kind. they tell just how to check sensors for proper voltage output and such.
Pulled the Coolant Temp Sensor and sure enough, it was toast. There was almost no feedback on the ohm meter (or whatever that thing is called). Even heated it up with a torch and still nothing. Hopefully that might be the culprit. Changing out today and we shall see how it does. Thanks.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote