Sammy Engine Upgrade. - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Brand Specific Tech > Suzuki
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2009, 05:35 PM   #1 (permalink)
Mr. Toyonut

Member # 74236
Question Sammy Engine Upgrade.

I have a 1988 sammy. The engine is toast. I also have a 1993 sidekick with a 1.6 16v engine. I stripped the sidekick's wiring out to have the stuff to be able to wire the brain into the sammy for the fuel injection. I see Calmini has an adapter available. Are there any other options?
toyonut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 07:43 PM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 112420
trail tough brent really has some good stuff man..
and the guys at low range off road have sweet prices
there all good people to there service is great at both places....
sami-stine is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-13-2009, 09:00 PM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 120408
I also like Petroworks adaptor kit. Theirs keep the motor lower so you don't need to use a body lift.
JPR Ram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 12:45 AM   #4 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 72294
X2 on the Petro kit.
86 S/T 6.4, 5:13 diffs,yota P/S Spooled & locked
86T/Top 6.5,5:13 Diffs,yota P/S, Spooled & locked
87S/T EXCO,6.5,5:13,Welded,Locked,yoda P/S BLAH,BLAH,BLAH,ETC,ETC.
MAD ZUKS-Modified & Aggressively Driven
SUZUKI SAMURAIS
1madzuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 08:16 AM   #5 (permalink)

Member # 27316
I'm running the Petroworks motor swap kit and the wiring harness was reworked by Trail Tough. No problems. Love it.
DRKelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 03:01 PM   #6 (permalink)

Member # 86328
I also have the petroworks kit with the trail tough wiring. the petroworks kit has def been the best for a while but you might could try trailtoughs new full circle motor mounts which assintually is the same design as the petroworks kit. If u have any questions, ask lowrangeoffroad he has the best costumer service ever, and he will tell u which one is the best cause he sells all of them at the best price. i have ordered over $1000 worth of stuff from him and have had nothing but great experiences with him. one time something with my credit card mest up and he realized that it was his fault. so he overnighted it and i had the part at my door the next day. i didnt even ask him to. lol!
crapurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 06:36 PM   #7 (permalink)

Member # 112420
Quote:
Originally Posted by crapurai View Post
I also have the petroworks kit with the trail tough wiring. the petroworks kit has def been the best for a while but you might could try trailtoughs new full circle motor mounts which assintually is the same design as the petroworks kit. If u have any questions, ask lowrangeoffroad he has the best costumer service ever, and he will tell u which one is the best cause he sells all of them at the best price. i have ordered over $1000 worth of stuff from him and have had nothing but great experiences with him. one time something with my credit card mest up and he realized that it was his fault. so he overnighted it and i had the part at my door the next day. i didnt even ask him to. lol!

shawn and the boys at low range rock!
sami-stine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 07:31 PM   #8 (permalink)
Mr. Toyonut

Member # 74236
sammy engine

Thanks for the information. I do have a question, is the petroworks adaptor kit recommended because of the motor mounts? If so, it looks like the trail tough engine adaptor is the better way to go. I am thinking about going with solid mounts. I just need the engine adaptor.
Old 12-14-2009, 08:52 PM   #9 (permalink)

Member # 86328
the petroworks kit is the best because it drops the 1.6 down low enough to close the hood. the trailtough kit has to be used with a small body lift for the hood to close without hitting the top of the engine. the petroworks kit also comes with amazing directions, labeling every nut and bolt. other than that, i think the motor to trans adapter plates are about the same in design.
crapurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 03:53 PM   #10 (permalink)
Mr. Toyonut

Member # 74236
Cool

I am thinking of going with Petroworks for the adapter. One question I have, will the Sidekick's clutch assembly work for the swap?