Pirate 4x4 banner

completly unoriginal..........TRACKER SaS

106K views 334 replies 53 participants last post by  mikeb273 
#1 · (Edited)
couldn't think of a good title:flipoff2:

hears my build thread finally, been on the site for 6 years and never a build thread build alot of shit. just never posted it.

please be as cruel as expected on pirate :flipoff2:

hear she is in stock form

ok not stock, 2" body lift 2" spring spacer lift and a lot of cutting to clear 33"s

It wheels great on the dirt trails with a little mud hear and there, it dominated my buddy's little jeeps and broncos. I was so light i went every wear. pissed them off several times.

but then we started playing on rocks, my IFS don't like the rocks

so after a few diffs I was getting pissed...

Friend of mine (that don't know anything about 4x4s :homer:) gave me a set of scout axles and a D300 for free!!!!!!!!!!!

some one left them on his property behind his garage :flipoff2: don't that make ya sick!!

so in they go!

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
I'm going with a 1 link in the front for cheap simplicity. I already have a free monster joint off the steering linkage of a backhoe

needed some misalignment spacers so i made some on my super custom
lathe

hey it fuckin works :flipoff2:

cross members a piece of 2x3 .25 wall tube. its already in the Kick i didn't get a pic... its just tacked in there for now I don't know wear the output of the transfer case is going to end up so I'm kinda waiting...

hate to build it then have drive shaft Clarence problems.

not knowing what else to do about the 1link cross member i broke out the plasma and started slicing up the Ifs crap.

recycling some of the stock crap maybe?

Just for shits and giggles a pic of some airbrushing my little brother did for me.

thats all I got for now. I might be able to work on it after work sometime this week. but I doubt it.:confused: let me know what ya think!

#6 · (Edited)
Yea there isn't much of a budget for this. I got my wife talked in to letting me spend the $ for a doubler and gears for my zuk. And thats about it the rest it up to me. I'm just trying to use all of the left over parts from past builds.

The 33" BFGs that are on kick now are great tires and are still like new. But there alittle small.

I have a set of 35" KM2s with 40% tread fronts are a little chopped but there 17"s. I'm debating on selling the 33"s and buying wheels with the cash for the 35"s

The wheels I have now won't fit with out a spacers anyway. There hitting the brake calipers.

Any one got an idea what I would get out of a set of 33" 9.50" BFGs?

#15 ·
Looks good keller, the supense is killin me though.

Who did you buy your doubler from? that machine work is top notch and I want to know who builds those. I sort of take it from your post in Inphobic's thread that you bought one from them?

#16 ·
yes I bought the kit from Inphobic's machine shop friends. He wasent really trying to sell them cuz of lack of popularity. But I talked him in to making one for me.

Jakes a stand up guy and is truly in this to benefit the Suzuki community. He will probly get some heat for no yello star. But when your only selling 2 doubeler kits a year. Only make $100 off each one and the star is $500...

#19 ·
I have seen that done before and while it works. It takes awhile to go though all the motions. Stomp on brakes hit like lock relese brake then press In clutch hit gas. Turn corner then Release line lock.

Or just grab the "Ebrake" Handle and rip it! Never even having to come to a full stop.

#20 ·
did you paint your d300 adapter blue?

where did that input shaft(?) you are holding in post #7 go?

in the tracker tranny or d300 case?

#21 ·
The blue peice is the front half of a tracker transfercase. After the front output part has been cut down and welded up.

The shaft installs in to the tracker transfercase. You never have to pull apart the d300 or stock transmission.

It replaces the output shaft of the stock transfercase and splines directly in to the d300

#28 ·
#30 ·
I have seen that done before and while it works. It takes awhile to go though all the motions. Stomp on brakes hit like lock relese brake then press In clutch hit gas. Turn corner then Release line lock.

Or just grab the "Ebrake" Handle and rip it! Never even having to come to a full stop.
:flipoff2:

#33 · (Edited)
wouldn't ya know as soon as a spend a little cash I get laid off at work :shaking:

O well :flipoff2:

lets get to fuging work!

new tranny cross member!!

1st pic drive train floating from strap on cage

2nd pic frame drilled and sleeved with 1"OD 3/4ID

3rd 4th pic 3/4 bolts in frame

last was supposed to be a close up of the weld for the weld Nazis. but my camera sucks.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.