gh - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Miscellaneous > Testing
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2010, 10:28 PM   #1 (permalink)
JR
Hornblower

Member # 8524
gh

Exhaust: Kind of need all the tubes in place to see how they all fit together, Plus, the model is used to determine what bends to order.

Shock gussets: Do you mean this gusset (see attatchment) Yeah, I could but it sure looks strong enough as is. My shock mounts connect the seat belt tube to the upper B pillar, where is it going to fail?

Fuel stuff is going to be a challenge. Looks like a 4x6 plate in the rear corner with in-tank dry brake and vent hose fitting. That's about all there's room for. The vent hose is supposed to extend 4" above the tank and encircle the tank then extend 3" below the tank!
A 6x10 plate will go in the middle, under the spare and will have the stalk mounted pumps. The fuel and electrical lines will need to be routed underneath the spare. I could put another 4" round plate in the upper corner of the tank to incorporate a standard filler, but that would mean another breach in the bladder.
Seriously thinking about buying an extra male dry break to convert over for using a funnel or filling station nozzle. Then, we wouldn't have to punch a third hole in the bladder. Would this work?

Exhaust: Kind of need all the model tubes in place to see how they all fit together, Plus, the model is used to determine what bends to order.

Shock gussets: Do you mean this gusset (see attatchment) Yeah, I could but it sure looks strong enough as is. My shock mounts connect the seat belt tube to the upper B pillar, where is it going to fail?

Fuel stuff is going to be a challenge. Looks like a 4x6 plate in the rear corner with in-tank dry brake and vent hose fitting. That's about all there's room for. The vent hose is supposed to extend 4" above the tank and encircle the tank then extend 3" below the tank!
A 6x10 plate will go in the middle, under the spare and will contain the stalk mounted pumps. The fuel and electrical lines will need to be routed underneath the spare. I could put another 4" round plate in the upper corner of the tank to incorporate a standard filler, but that would mean another breach in the bladder.
Seriously thinking about buying an extra male dry break to convert over for using a funnel or filling station nozzle. Then, we wouldn't have to punch a third hole in the bladder. Would this work?

PS reservior is mounted up in the B pillar, lines shouldn't be a problem from what I can tell.
Water lines rout down the center of the engine, above of the intake manifold. Should work out ok.

Last edited by JR; 06-19-2010 at 10:34 PM.
JR is offline   Reply With Quote