Razorweld Plasma Cutters & Tig Welders - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Vendor's Marketplace > Tools and Supplies
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2016, 10:39 AM   #1 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 227992
Razorweld Plasma Cutters & Tig Welders

www.gamblegarage.com

Hi Everyone, just signed up with my shiny new yellow star

I expanding more and more into the retail side of things. I've been dealing with the guys at Razorweld since they entered the US market. Great people to deal with and they do not sell direct to the consumers. I'm a distributor and looking to pass some deals along your way.

Now I generally don't sell anything that I haven't used and liked. For the past few years I did do welding sales, service, repair etc so I have a good sense of taste on my equipment. I know what I like and what I don't. If it's crap I don't sell it.

Razorweld is an Australian based company who has their own factory in China making their product. All products go through numerous test and meet any and all certifications needed. I'm also looking to setup one of my customers as a repair center. And once I get a bigger shop I will do repairs as well. However since I've been selling these I have yet to see anything that needs repair. I will try to stock each unit I sell at my location so anyone local to Chicago wants to come test one out you are more than welcome to do so.

The latest to their product line is the Viper Series. The Viper series is geared towards the hobbyist and light duty use. It's not meant to be competing with the Lincolns and Millers that run 50 hours a week. Although based on my testing I don't think it would be an issue.

The viper30 plasma cutter is a 40amp cutter in disguise . Small, lightweight and my very first cut was a piece of 1/2" steel at 30amps and it cut very well. Comes with an S45 style torch, 9 foot ground clamp, 8 foot power cord, 110v/220v pigtail and a built in regulator. 75psi inlet is all she needs. I did have a customer cut 3/4" pretty easily. The torch stand off that comes with it helps keep your torch height consistent for better cuts. All backed with a 1 year warranty.

Retail is around $500 but they will be priced pretty aggressively around $400

Here are some pics of 1/2 and 3/4" steel
I have dropped my price on the website for you guys to make the purchase easier.

Considering the cutting capacity , the dual voltage input and the low price I don't think there is anything else on the market that can compete with it.

Please feel free to message me with any other questions
Attached Images

Razorweld 200ac/dc tig
Razorweld 195 Mig/stick
Razorweld & SSC Controls
Gamble is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-17-2016, 12:03 PM   #2 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 227992
Ok onto the Tig 200 AC/DC.

Razor has been making tig welders for awhile now. I have owned the small 200amp dc only welder and while it worked well it needed a little fine tuning.
As some of you may know CK WorldWide has a new MT200-ac/dc tig welder tha recently came out......and it's made by Razorweld. This is no secret, it's a Digitally controlled tig welder with an analog interface. I haven't gotten my hands on one yet but I hear they are great and priced around $2300

Razorweld has also taken virtually the same machine (internally) and made their own model. I purchased one of these as well as I am VERY picky about my tig welders.

This baby sized machine features a full 200 amp output at 220v. It is dual voltage so you can run it on a 110v circuit as well.
Pulse on AC and DC will go up to 200hz
AC Frequency is adjustable all the way up to 250hz!
Balance control from 15%-50%
Fan on demand
Selectable tungsten size
Starting current adjustment
3 year warranty
and much more!

Foot pedal, ground cable, flowmeter, tig torch, pigtail adapter are all included.
As of owning the machine for a few days I have about 10 hours of hood time on it and have to say it's quiet an amazing machine. I'll share some things in details which I like.

First the fan on demand. I haven't had a machine with fan on demand in quiet awhile. It's so nice to be able to weld in peace. When the fan kicks in it's not super loud and annoying and doesn't stay on for a long period of time.

AC Freq: Most of my work is aluminum so having some flexibility on AC is key. Depending on what I'm working on I love the soft buttery arc around 50hz, and being able to make the machine scream at 250hz is amazing. I've never had a welder that was able to focus the arc so concentrated. The difference between the standard 200hz and 250hz is night and day.

AC Balance: You get plenty of adjustment from 15-50%. This is more than enough for most people. Never have I seen anyone put more than 50% into EP

Tungsten diameter: This is where things start to make this machine stand out from the rest. As of current day the only welders I know of on the market that allow you to adjust your tungsten diameter is Miller. What this does is set your starting amperage and the milliseconds at that amperage. With a larger tungsten comes a higher arc start. A 1/16 tungsten might be around 8 amps where a 1/8 tungsten might be around 20 amps. For the smoothest arc starts as possible!
There is also a parameter warning light on the welder. This doesn't affect your welding at all but it's more of an announcement. Say you have the welder at 200 amps but your tungsten is set to 1/16 diameter. The light will illuminate to say hello you are welding too hot for that diameter tungsten. So you change the tungsten size or reduce the amperage.
You can still weld with the light on as it has NO affect on welding it's just a nice warning light.

Starting amperage: In addition to selecting your tungsten size you can add to it with this setting. When you select your tungsten diameter the amperage and time are hard coded so you won't see that on the display. What you adjust on the display is simple just adding to whatever is hard coded.
So for me I set my 3/32 diameter and add an addition 9 amps at .9 seconds of arc start. Just by adjusting this I was able to smooth out the arc starts to be super smooth. Helps eliminate the arc from jumping off the side of the tungsten then stabilizing to the center. You also have the ability to adjust this on the tail out as well.

As of just playing right now I'm able to get the welder to light off and tail out at around 8 amps! Sure it's not Miller that is stable at 2 amps but again it's HALF the price.

I still have much more testing to do but this is looking to become my main machine! Also the fact that it's roughly about 22 pounds I can bring it anywhere!

Ok lets talk foot pedal and tig torch. The torch that comes with it is a little large, but nothing overbearing. It will work well and changing the handle to something smaller will only take maybe 2 minutes.
Foot pedal is like the oldschool miller where it's a little tall. (I'll be sure to get pictures) and it's quiet frankly it's ugly. I've been used to SSC pedals for years and it's all I swear by. However I do have to say that this pedal has function over form! It actually works VERY well. Surprisingly well. Also has a little heel rest built in.

Compare these machines to others in the same catageory
Thermal Arc 186
Over $1800. bigger torch, less AC adjustability, Loud fan, 220v only

Miller Diversion 180
Around $1800. No advanced options

Hobart 165
Around $1600, No advanced options

Ck Worldwide
$2300, Virtually the same but less options

Lincoln Squarewave 200
$1400 - Basic, no post flow, minimal pulse, minimal freq adjustments

Once things get popular and more people start to carry them they will be around $1700.
Attached Images

Razorweld 200ac/dc tig
Razorweld 195 Mig/stick
Razorweld & SSC Controls
Sponsored Links
Old 06-18-2016, 08:27 AM   #3 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 227992
Testing out this little 30amp machine on some thick aluminum today. You be the judge. These are cut at 30amps, on 220v, by hand with the included stand off. Parts fell right to the floor, didn't have to wack them with a hammer or anything.
Not bad for a plasma under $400 shipped, right!

1/4" and 1/2" 6061 aluminum cuts

edit: just the small half inch section not the curved part

Razorweld 200ac/dc tig
Razorweld 195 Mig/stick
Razorweld & SSC Controls

Old 06-18-2016, 08:48 AM   #4 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 133544
What is the warranty?
How is shipping handled for warranty issues?
Crisbee1 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-18-2016, 02:57 PM   #5 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 227992
1 year on viper stuff and 3 years on razor stuff.
First 30 days I cover shipping if there is an issue. After that it's on you but I will always work to see if I can get better rates or cover some of it. Kind of a hard question because to be honest I haven't had a single issue with these machines.

For local guys I will be setup as a repair center soon. I am also setting up georgesplasmacuttershop as a repair center. They also have a list of authorized repair centers across the country that is growing.

If the repair/issue is simple enough as a board change I can have the part sent to you to have you replace it and be up and running again as quick as possible.

We have a options to keep downtime to a minimal so I will do the best I can for you.
Razorweld 200ac/dc tig
Razorweld 195 Mig/stick
Razorweld & SSC Controls
Old 06-19-2016, 04:15 PM   #6 (permalink)

Member # 2775
What is the duty cycle on the plasma?
Old 06-19-2016, 05:40 PM   #7 (permalink)

Member # 226067
Where do you purchase consumables for the plasma cutter?
Old 06-20-2016, 07:08 AM   #8 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 227992
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJeep74 View Post
What is the duty cycle on the plasma?
35% at 30 amps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogel View Post
Where do you purchase consumables for the plasma cutter?
I haven't yet decided to sell consumables but I am letting one of my customers take charge of it. He has years and years of experience testing and repairing plasma cutters. He sells cheap China made consumables and well as high end Italian made consumables.
Georgesplasmacuttershop.com <- drop him an email or call him and tell him I sent you. He will also tell you what works best with what plasma. He has also done testing with this plasma as well as the 45 amp model
Razorweld 200ac/dc tig
Razorweld 195 Mig/stick
Razorweld & SSC Controls
Old 06-22-2016, 07:51 AM   #9 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 227992
This is the standard torch that comes with it. (There is no wiring inside here, so I took mine off and just slide on a regular handle)

Standard flowmeter.

And the foot pedal

You really have to use the foot pedal to understand how well it works. Function over form. And I love my ssc pedal, so it says a lot coming from me
Razorweld 200ac/dc tig
Razorweld 195 Mig/stick
Razorweld & SSC Controls
Old 06-22-2016, 09:55 AM   #10 (permalink)

Member # 162726
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamble View Post
The viper30 plasma cutter is a 40amp cutter in disguise .
Are you saying this is a 40 amp cutter or that it works as well as a 40 amp...

Because the dials only go to 30 amps. And cutting 3/4" with a 30 amp machine isnt happening.

3/4" is the largest cut my 65 will make.. cleanly...
Old 06-22-2016, 10:04 AM   #11 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 227992
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dugan1 View Post

Because the dials only go to 30 amps. And cutting 3/4" with a 30 amp machine isnt happening.

I'm saying it's a 30 amp cutter that cuts like a 40amp cutter. Yes it will cut 1/2" and 3/4" steel". Keep in mind if you want to be cutting this thick of material all day long you probably want a larger machine, but it absolutely CAN cut the thick stuff.
Razorweld 200ac/dc tig
Razorweld 195 Mig/stick
Razorweld & SSC Controls
Old 06-28-2016, 08:09 AM   #12 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 227992
Got a few out the door! Hoping to have reviews of the tig and plasma from other people soon
Razorweld 200ac/dc tig
Razorweld 195 Mig/stick
Razorweld & SSC Controls
Old 07-05-2016, 07:01 PM   #13 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 227992
up up up
Razorweld 200ac/dc tig
Razorweld 195 Mig/stick
Razorweld & SSC Controls
Old 07-05-2016, 07:47 PM   #14 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 25303
Is either plasma cutter CNC capable?

Instagram: @DukeEngineeringSolutions

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Builds, Swaps, Axles, Engines, Turbos, Diesels, Suspensions, Fab, and more!
gtxracer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-06-2016, 06:02 AM   #15 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 227992
You can hook it up to a CNC table for sure by tapping into the trigger wires but there is no CNC direct plug as of now
Razorweld 200ac/dc tig
Razorweld 195 Mig/stick
Razorweld & SSC Controls
Old 07-07-2016, 03:47 PM   #16 (permalink)

Member # 684810
Why dont ya ship one of these to me and I will do unbiased test on my plasma table using your plasma cutter

Last edited by crawlingmoab; 07-07-2016 at 03:48 PM.
crawlingmoab is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-07-2016, 04:25 PM   #17 (permalink)
W6FTW

Member # 133266
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamble View Post
The viper30 plasma cutter is a 40amp cutter in disguise .

Fwiw, my hypertherm 30xp will cut .75. Will it do it cleanly? No. Is it quick? No. Would it do it over and over? Mo... but it can be done...

Id compare it to my old powermaxx600 which was a 40a machine. Its all in the torch and how efficient it is at using the power
NorCalPR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-07-2016, 05:09 PM   #18 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 227992
Quote:
Originally Posted by crawlingmoab View Post
Why dont ya ship one of these to me and I will do unbiased test on my plasma table using your plasma cutter
I would be happy to send it to you after you make a payment. I can do testing on my own CNC plasma
But thank you for the offer
Razorweld 200ac/dc tig
Razorweld 195 Mig/stick
Razorweld & SSC Controls
Old 07-07-2016, 06:56 PM   #19 (permalink)

Member # 684810
You could probably do the testing on your CNC plasma table but it wouldn't be unbiased you being the person trying to sell Chinese brand plasma cutters might want to think about having somebody write some reviews for you
crawlingmoab is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-07-2016, 07:02 PM   #20 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 227992
Quote:
Originally Posted by crawlingmoab View Post
You could probably do the testing on your CNC plasma table but it wouldn't be unbiased you being the person trying to sell Chinese brand plasma cutters might want to think about having somebody write some reviews for you
No thanks. I am still not giving out a free plasma. I have sold a lot of them so those customers will do their own reviews after some use. I am not worried about it.
Razorweld 200ac/dc tig
Razorweld 195 Mig/stick
Razorweld & SSC Controls
Old 07-08-2016, 06:16 AM   #21 (permalink)

Member # 162726
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalPR View Post
Fwiw, my hypertherm 30xp will cut .75. Will it do it cleanly? No. Is it quick? No. Would it do it over and over? Mo... but it can be done...

Id compare it to my old powermaxx600 which was a 40a machine. Its all in the torch and how efficient it is at using the power
I have the reg pm30 and theres no way its doing .75 haha. I had to use a torch last time I did .75, but now I have a pm65 that does .75 on my table.
Old 07-08-2016, 12:19 PM   #22 (permalink)
W6FTW

Member # 133266
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalPR View Post

I have the reg pm30 and theres no way its doing .75 haha. I had to use a torch last time I did .75, but now I have a pm65 that does .75 on my table.
Yep. The xp runs more voltage to the torch, and runs the duramax torch which is more efficient.

Heres a video on the severance too. Not me but you get the idea.

http://youtu.be/JSU2kL-EiPg
NorCalPR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-14-2016, 09:42 AM   #23 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 227992
UP UP UP
Razorweld 200ac/dc tig
Razorweld 195 Mig/stick
Razorweld & SSC Controls
Old 07-29-2016, 06:34 AM   #24 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 227992
It's Friday! Treat yourself
Razorweld 200ac/dc tig
Razorweld 195 Mig/stick
Razorweld & SSC Controls
Old 08-11-2016, 10:00 AM   #25 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 227992
Got some welding to do this weekend, will add some more pics!
Razorweld 200ac/dc tig
Razorweld 195 Mig/stick
Razorweld & SSC Controls

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.