Pirate 4x4 banner

Dimple Dies -- New Lower Price!

231K views 1K replies 482 participants last post by  twoslo4five0 
#1 ·

dimple dies made from bearing steel, super hard and long lasting stuff.
these are a good quality, nice looking and affordable set of dies. these will dimple 3/16", but i don't recommend dimpling over 11 guage if you want a good looking flare. THESE WILL WORK BETTER AND LAST LONGER IF YOU LUBE THEM WITH YOUR CHOICE OF LUBRICANT. GREASE, WD-40, etc.

these dies are for flaring a hole, and are not to be used for punching a hole. you will need hole saws or your own preferred method of making holes.

these are always in stock unless noted in this thread.

small set (1/2", 3/4", 1") $60

medium set (1-1/4", 1-1/2", 1-3/4") $120

large set (2", 2-1/2", 3") $190

6 pc set (small and medium) $175

6 pc set (large and medium) $285

10 pc set (all sizes plus dzus die) $345

small 3 pc set ships for $6, all other sets ship for $15

i get requests all the time for individual dies or random different sizes, and i would have to sell them at a higher cost per die. i wont sell anything other than sets listed above for 2 reasons- you would end up paying more than i'd like to charge, and i end up with random dies that sit on the shelf forever. thanks for understanding.

pics are gone for some reason, so click here to see- http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/tool...ple-dies-new-lower-price-35.html#post14952449

See less See more
#858 ·
thank you!
Thanks a lot Bill :flipoff2:. I spent half the day drilling holes in stuff laying around the shop to dimple. You should offer a beer holder for hydraulic presses with these :D. Great quality dies people!
:laughing: thanks!

#865 ·
sorry, these are high production dies, hence the low price. a one off run would be way to much $ for me to sell. sorry. you can however drill these out and use a 3/8 backing plate wih a nut on the backside, easy to do but i think i'll have to make a kit to sell with these.
Where are you located? Your profile just says lakeside.
san diego.

#867 ·
#868 ·
I just like to look my self on hardness, and so far me and 8 other machinist have never heard of 6820 alloy, are you sure its not 5820? Do you have a material spec sheet? Might be odd questions but I like to know what I'm buying first. How dose it compare to say 4140 HTSR in hardness and material make up?

#869 ·
i may have gotten the alloy wrong, but i am no metullergist so i can not speak on all the scientific aspects of the materials. they are made from bearing steel. these are by far my best seller, not one complaint.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.