Avhc problem !!! - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Vendor Forums > Torchmate CNC Forum
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2012, 05:49 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 186536
Avhc problem !!!

Ive had my table for close to a year. I never had any problems until now. The AVHC is acting up. While in the middle of a cut. The AVHC lifted about an inch off the metal. The arc voltage jumped to 132v. I stopped the machine. I then proformed a jump to line. The AVHC did the same thing. I called torchmate and they said the perform a line test. I did what they said. The AVHC still did the same thing. It lifted about one inch off the metal during the line test. I also cleaned my ground clap with 500 grit sandpaper to ensure good contact. It still lifted up off the table after the ground clap was cleaned. The plasma cutter still fired until i stopped the machine. No error codes where flashing from the plasma panel. Im thinking it might be the sheet metal. Any suggestions would be great.

Here are my settings:
TD A60 plasma cutter
107v 170ipm 16g mild steel hot rolled
sensing .5 pierce delay .0 .140 int cut .180 pierce
Attached Images

monkeyworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 05:54 PM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 185144
I've had that happen from time when I had my TD cutter. For me, it happened when the torch went over a piece of slag or something. It is a shame TD does not have shielded consumables, where the shield will move the piece of slag before the torch runs over it.

A piece of slag does not look to be the problem in your case. As you already did, I would have also cleaned up the ground clamp. Are you clamping directly to the material?
Old 04-03-2012, 06:20 PM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 186536
I'm clapping directly to the material. It's really strange. I've never had any issues with the table up until now. I hope it's the material.
monkeyworks is offline   Reply With Quote