Hypertherm Powermax 65 0-30 eroor - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Vendor Forums > Torchmate CNC Forum
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2012, 10:18 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 194480
Hypertherm Powermax 65 0-30 eroor

This is basically directed towards Jim Colt, but I posted this to see if anyone else have had the same issue. This just started happening the past week or so. I keep getting 0-30 codes on the machine if I have the shield on finger tight. I've tried new nozzles, electrodes...etc. I can get it to fire like normal if its loos on, when I say loose I mean like a half turn from the shield bottoming out. Do I have a defective torch? Is this just the shield going out and it needs to be replace? Any other ideas? Note: It have been cutting just fine like this since I got the machine all set up and now all of a sudden it starts acting up. The only thing I've done the past couple of weeks, was separate the input cable for the AVHC from the torch because of supposed interference from the torch cable.
nulbmanager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 09:39 AM   #2 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 145912
Is it a 0-30-0 or a 0-30-1 code. Attached is part of the error code interpretation...as well as potential fixes.

The problem could be the swirl ring (damaged), retaining cap (damaged) or torch body (since you say you have swapped the electrode and nozzle).

It could also be: dirty, wet air.....could be a pitted electrode seat (inspect inside the torch)....could be a defective air regulator.

I would do the checks suggested....change the retaining cap and swirl ring.....make sure you are running in the auto-air set mode. After that....contact Hypertherm's tech service. They are very friendly, knowledgable and helpful.

Jim Colt

Quote:
Originally Posted by nulbmanager View Post
This is basically directed towards Jim Colt, but I posted this to see if anyone else have had the same issue. This just started happening the past week or so. I keep getting 0-30 codes on the machine if I have the shield on finger tight. I've tried new nozzles, electrodes...etc. I can get it to fire like normal if its loos on, when I say loose I mean like a half turn from the shield bottoming out. Do I have a defective torch? Is this just the shield going out and it needs to be replace? Any other ideas? Note: It have been cutting just fine like this since I got the machine all set up and now all of a sudden it starts acting up. The only thing I've done the past couple of weeks, was separate the input cable for the AVHC from the torch because of supposed interference from the torch cable.
Attached Images

jimcolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 11:56 AM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 194480
Swirl ring it is...thanks jim!
nulbmanager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 12:09 PM   #4 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 145912
The swirl ring is:

-an insulator between the nozzle and electrode
-a precision gas flow device that controls swirl.....for cut angularity and nozzle life.
-is a bearing that allows the electrode to slide up and down.....for torch starting.

There must be a burr or scratch in the swirl ring that is binding the electrode movement.

Jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by nulbmanager View Post
Swirl ring it is...thanks jim!
jimcolt is offline   Reply With Quote