Lets see what you've built on your Torchmate - Page 4 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Vendor Forums > Torchmate CNC Forum
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2010, 09:35 AM   #76 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 143830
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torchmate View Post
Comeoutswingin that wall hanging is sweet!!! How long did it take to run?
I cant remember how long it took to run.. I wanna say it was around 45 min from start to finish for me to make it including indexing it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmay View Post
Agreed, that is incredibly nice! Is there any way we could get you to share the dxf? I know my dad would love that.
I actually purchased the DXF in a set from http://www.customdxffiles.com/. You gotta be careful if you have a 2x2 with a lot of this guys files. His files are amazing, but the detail is usually too much to shrink down for the 2x2 machine so you either edit a lot of the detail out which takes forever, or you get really good at indexing it on multiple axis' which I am not all that good at doing.

If I would have known that I would have been making the kind of money I am with this little machine I'd have just stepped up and bought a bigger one. Live and Learn.
comeoutswingin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-22-2010, 10:41 AM   #77 (permalink)
Liquid Iron Ind.

Member # 52894
Quote:
Originally Posted by comeoutswingin View Post
I actually purchased the DXF in a set from http://www.customdxffiles.com/. You gotta be careful if you have a 2x2 with a lot of this guys files. His files are amazing, but the detail is usually too much to shrink down for the 2x2 machine so you either edit a lot of the detail out which takes forever, or you get really good at indexing it on multiple axis' which I am not all that good at doing.

If I would have known that I would have been making the kind of money I am with this little machine I'd have just stepped up and bought a bigger one. Live and Learn.
Very nice, thanks for the link. I'll probably be purchasing some of his work very soon.
http://www.liquidironindustries.com/
(856)-336-2639

https://www.facebook.com/liquidironindustries

Molten Motorsports #4343 "Fred"
Timmay is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-22-2010, 04:29 PM   #78 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 98865
Quote:
Originally Posted by comeoutswingin View Post

Bigger is almost always better, but you have to start somewhere. I am glad to hear that it is working well for you. Did you read the part in the contract that says you have to split your profits from the machine with us? Damn, I forgot . . . we don't have any contracts! Oh well, I will settle for more pic's.

We are hiring! Email your resume to our Human Resources Manager at cnichols@torchmate.com and ask about openings.

Buy your consumables here! www.torchmatestore.com
Torchmate Racing Homepage: www.torchmateracing.com
Torchmate CNC Forum here: /forum/125-torchmate-cnc-forum/
Torchmate is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-25-2010, 08:27 PM   #79 (permalink)
Pirate is KING!

Member # 12217
Here's something my son's did for the family for last Christmas. A holiday themed picture frame that we inserted family photos from Christmas into. Gotta love my 15 year-old honor student's spelling of Christmas!

Garet drew it up in a few layers in photoshop as black and white, then saved each layer separately and imported it into the Torchmate software and created the paths for engraving and cutting. Dallas helped them set it up on the table and spit out the pieces for 9 different frames. Chase welded the two layers together, Garet welded the legs on...done deal and a gift everyone loved!
Attached Images

Last edited by RedBullJeep; 07-25-2010 at 08:29 PM.
RedBullJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-26-2010, 02:22 AM   #80 (permalink)
StinkyFab Racing

Member # 4946
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBullJeep View Post
Gotta love my 15 year-old honor student's spelling of Christmas!
I still love that when I asked you if we should fix it for him before cutting you said no!

Overall Winner, 2012&13 KOH EMC. Gettin it done in a stocker!
Co-Dog #4432-KOH 2011 #88-KOH 2010, Crew Chief - KOH 2009, 2008
StinkBug is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-26-2010, 09:15 AM   #81 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 37600
Send a message via AIM to PAToyota Send a message via Skype™ to PAToyota
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBullJeep View Post
Gotta love my 15 year-old honor student's spelling of Christmas!

Dallas helped them set it up on the table and spit out the pieces for 9 different frames.
Gotta love repeating a mistake in quantity!
GET INVOLVED - Join the Blue Ribbon Coalition

'93 Chevrolet 6.5TD K2500 NV4500 Std. Cab Longbed 176K
'85 Toyota 22R RN60 4x4 Std. Cab Shortbed 178K (Currently retired for rebuild)
PAToyota is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-26-2010, 11:31 AM   #82 (permalink)

Member # 29097
Dustin, That is awesome! I did something similar and thought about it later...

When you weld the 'ice' to the frame space it off enough to get a piece of paper or similar in there. Paint the entire thing, slide a piece of paper under the ice and then paint it. Looks great even with the spelling error.

[URL="www.sundogquarterhorses.com"]SunDog Quarter Horses[/URL]
SoundManCO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-08-2010, 07:46 PM   #83 (permalink)
Ruiner of the Things

Member # 130031
Got bored and decided to build a goofy little welding cart thing to use around my shop. The rear wheels both caster and the front legs are fixed so that I can swing the tail end around easier and maneuver through the clutter that I work in. I am going to add some mounts for the gun and stuff and spot to coil up the drop cord on the back. The holes in the deck sheet are for... ummm. I hit the array button and was like.. ok, bored.. cut... Air circulation for the machine?

If you can't tell, I have really enjoyed my Hobart Equipment.

'42 Dodge WC53 - Cummins, Allison 1000, Eaton HO72 F/R, 38" Michelins
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/tow-r...airstream.html
AlxJ64 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-10-2010, 06:06 PM   #84 (permalink)

Member # 147477
Gas Blender In The Making

Thought I would share this video. It's nowhere near being complete but it will give you an idea.

Gordo

YouTube - ‪The Making of BLENDZILLA!!‬‎
Old 08-10-2010, 06:14 PM   #85 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 98865
Gas powered blender?!? Whatcha blending?

We are hiring! Email your resume to our Human Resources Manager at cnichols@torchmate.com and ask about openings.

Torchmate CNC Forum here: http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=125
Old 08-10-2010, 06:31 PM   #86 (permalink)

Member # 147477
Well I gotta keep the ladies happy at the cottage. So I load em up with frozen alcoholic beverages.

G
Old 08-11-2010, 05:36 PM   #87 (permalink)
AKA Topper

Member # 14368
Put some handlebars and a twist throttle on it!

Hung like Einstein, smart as a horse.
Tuffjarhed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-13-2010, 10:22 AM   #88 (permalink)

Member # 166068
I agree that wall hanging is way cool!! And these suspension parts although I don't have a clue what they are doing with them, they look awesome.
akpilot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-13-2010, 03:04 PM   #89 (permalink)

Member # 29097

The paint is drying on some mailbox toppers I made last night.

[URL="www.sundogquarterhorses.com"]SunDog Quarter Horses[/URL]
SoundManCO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-26-2010, 10:35 AM   #90 (permalink)

Member # 152411
Here are a few samples of what a customer in Bogota, Columbia created. This is done on a 2x2 with a router and acrylic. He will back light the panes with different colored lights.

-Jack
Old 08-26-2010, 10:57 AM   #91 (permalink)

Member # 166674
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlxJ64 View Post
Got bored and decided to build a goofy little welding cart thing to use around my shop. The rear wheels both caster and the front legs are fixed so that I can swing the tail end around easier and maneuver through the clutter that I work in. I am going to add some mounts for the gun and stuff and spot to coil up the drop cord on the back. The holes in the deck sheet are for... ummm. I hit the array button and was like.. ok, bored.. cut... Air circulation for the machine?

If you can't tell, I have really enjoyed my Hobart Equipment.

Wow, your cuts on that table and the brackets and such look amazing. Looks like machine cuts flawless, circles are so nice. What machine u cutting them with? Im guessin a hobart but what model or setup?

Last edited by Speed_Freak_039A; 08-26-2010 at 10:57 AM.
Speed_Freak_039A is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-26-2010, 04:31 PM   #92 (permalink)

Member # 11684
Everything that I have made is really simple, nothing too artsy, but all are parts that would be a nightmare to make by hand.

Swinging pedal mount with adjustable reach:

Hinges/pivots for the tilt-up flatbed on my old Dodge Pilothouse:

Propane tank straps on the same vehicle:

Trans cooler mount:

etc, etc, etc...

I've made a ton of stuff on my table since I have had it, When I start to plan something out now it's second nature to design the whole object around doing as much of the work on the Torchmate as possible.

The best thing about these machines is that this is where I do most of my fabrication now. It sure beats spending hours out in the garage in the freezing cold cutting/grinding/filing/sanding/drilling.

wendleburger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-26-2010, 05:03 PM   #93 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 98865
Quote:
Originally Posted by wendleburger View Post

The best thing about these machines is that this is where I do most of my fabrication now. It sure beats spending hours out in the garage in the freezing cold cutting/grinding/filing/sanding/drilling.

LOL!!! That picture just made my day. Thanks for posting!

Old 08-26-2010, 05:20 PM   #94 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 26393
That acrylic stuff is neat. I bet it would look really cool with a colored light behind it.. or maybe shining in from the edge (in a frame) somehow to cause the details to glow..

I'm also digging that brake pedal mount.. I love this thread. Helps to keep the creative juices flowing..
Old 08-26-2010, 06:16 PM   #95 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 15076
Ok it's about time I add something useful to this thread.

Here's an example of what wendleburger mentioned about thinking and designing around all the parts that can be made on the torchmate.

With the exception of some flat stock, angle iron, the tank, and trailer, I pretty much cut every piece for this project on my table. I really shudder at the thought of doing this thing without the cnc table. The first picture is of it all broken down and ready for the road. Second is with it all set up for smoking. Every part of the fire box was cnc cut except for the radius bottom corner sections. I cut them out of a piece of 16 or 18" heavy wall pipe. The last is of course the grill grates. I've cut a couple other grill grates and they always look so awesome after they are cut.
Attached Images

MQYJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-27-2010, 09:41 AM   #96 (permalink)
Ruiner of the Things

Member # 130031
MQYJ that Grill is Freaking AWSOME! I have been wanting to cut some custom Grill slats for my grill in my yard. We had some test cuts of bogger tread and threw them on the grill and got them super hot and then used them to sear the tread pattern into some Tuna steaks. Was pretty cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed_Freak_039A View Post
Wow, your cuts on that table and the brackets and such look amazing. Looks like machine cuts flawless, circles are so nice. What machine u cutting them with? Im guessin a hobart but what model or setup?
I'm running a Hobart Airforce 700i. I have been SUPER pleased with the machine so far. I have it dialed in and running through 3/8"s plate and do some edge cut work on the table with 1/2" too. Its a good machine for sure.

Here is my latest work. Cut file took 27 minutes to burn. Event sign for a local park that is having a KOH style race on Saturday. This is a 23" x 23".

Last edited by AlxJ64; 08-27-2010 at 09:42 AM.
Old 08-27-2010, 10:17 AM   #97 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 15076
Wow!! That is some very fine detail work there on that sign. Very impressive work around the king's hands, the mountain ranges, and the center lettering. How thick is the material?

Thanks for the comments on the grill. I did it for a buddy that is planning to start doing it as a side business with another friend of ours. They want me to cut their logo into the next set of grates for the next grill I build for them.

Edit:btw, those took somewhere around 45 minutes to an hour to cut.

Last edited by MQYJ; 08-27-2010 at 10:18 AM.
Old 08-27-2010, 10:56 AM   #98 (permalink)
Ruiner of the Things

Member # 130031
Quote:
Originally Posted by MQYJ View Post
Wow!! That is some very fine detail work there on that sign. Very impressive work around the king's hands, the mountain ranges, and the center lettering. How thick is the material?

Thanks for the comments on the grill. I did it for a buddy that is planning to start doing it as a side business with another friend of ours. They want me to cut their logo into the next set of grates for the next grill I build for them.

Edit:btw, those took somewhere around 45 minutes to an hour to cut.
Its 1/8". I cut it at 30 amps and 60 inches per minute with a new set of consumables. I was able to cut that sign, 3 inner beadlock rings, and half of a VERY detailed outer beadlock ring out of one set of consumables. I've gotten pretty good at knowing how close I can fit cuts to each other without burning between the cuts.

Yea, the grill slat thing is something that I think will eventually create its own market. Just have to get a few out there. I really dig that trailer though. What size table are you using?

Old 08-27-2010, 12:04 PM   #99 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 15076
It's a 4x8 TM3. I know what you mean about the consumables lasting longer and longer the better you get at running the machine. I make them go a long way now. I usually keep a bunch of burned up tips in a tray on the gantry so if I have non critical parts I can reuse them instead of starting up a new tip for parts that don't matter.
Old 08-30-2010, 10:36 AM   #100 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 98865
This is my favorite thread! You guys all do such great work. You make the machines look good. Thanks for posting.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.