2x2 Front or Back??? - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Vendor Forums > Torchmate CNC Forum
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2010, 05:21 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 152076
2x2 Front or Back???

this may be a stupid question but i have been watching all the videos and pics of this little machine that i can find. does it matter which way the machine is facing? some videos it shows the Torchmate logo and the drive motors facing you as you standing in front of it and i see others where it is turned around the other way and the logo and motors are in the back. does it make any difference? i got one of these little babys on order and learning all i can about them before it gets here. also wanted to say that this is a really great forum and seems like alot of really good info on here. thanks in advance for any and all info.
bearman63825 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 06:30 PM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 78096
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearman63825 View Post
this may be a stupid question but i have been watching all the videos and pics of this little machine that i can find. does it matter which way the machine is facing? some videos it shows the Torchmate logo and the drive motors facing you as you standing in front of it and i see others where it is turned around the other way and the logo and motors are in the back. does it make any difference? i got one of these little babys on order and learning all i can about them before it gets here. also wanted to say that this is a really great forum and seems like alot of really good info on here. thanks in advance for any and all info.
I don't have a 2x2 but when i built my machine I tried to keep the motors away from the front so I didn't hit them with stuff i was moving through the shop.
Jeep07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 06:40 PM   #3 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 61598
I assumed the drive motors and torchmate logo faced the 'rear'. Especially since I wanted to have the best view of the Z axis (what it is doing and exactlly where it is) PLus Jeep07 makes a good point about keeping the motors protected
cccbroncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 06:58 AM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 13745
I have had mine both directions, easier to work on with logo facing the wall, right now, I have it turned out, I alittle harder to use, but I'm sure I will get used to, if not, it only takes 5 minutes to spin it on the table!!
John Galbreath Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 08:21 AM   #5 (permalink)

Member # 84593
Send a message via AIM to HardcorewannabeXJ Send a message via MSN to HardcorewannabeXJ
The machine can be configured to run Either way, however if you were to ask us the logo would be facing the back. It is ideal to maintain as much visibility of the torch and what it is cutting so that you don't have to crouch in front of the machine to see what's going on.

-Mike
HardcorewannabeXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 08:34 AM   #6 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 98865
Yeah, I would probably run it with the logo to the back. Although I love that shot with it in the front. You probably want motors and motor cables in the spot where they have the least chance of being damaged. We have some idea's for getting the Torchmate logo on the front as well, but it has been put on the back burner while we ramp up production. I really appreciate that you guys post in here and show off your progress!

We are hiring! Email your resume to our Human Resources Manager at cnichols@torchmate.com and ask about openings.

Buy your consumables here! www.torchmatestore.com
Torchmate Racing Homepage: www.torchmateracing.com
Torchmate CNC Forum here: /forum/125-torchmate-cnc-forum/
Torchmate is offline   Reply With Quote