Any Cutskill 35A reviews - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Vendor Forums > Torchmate CNC Forum
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2010, 12:54 PM   #1 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 48607
Any Cutskill 35A reviews

Was wondering if those who have ordered and received their torch had any reviews about it? I bought one and am anxiously awaiting it's arrival but wanted first hand info (good or bad) on the machine from users. Would like to see more vid of the machine mated with the 2x2. Jonesin bad so if you got em, post em. Thanks!
Old 04-06-2010, 01:27 PM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 84593
Send a message via AIM to HardcorewannabeXJ Send a message via MSN to HardcorewannabeXJ
I've cut with it quite a lot on the machine, and it does a great job. I love the TD hand torch and their consumables, they cut really well. I wouldn't mind having one of these at my house for general hand work, especially for the price!
HardcorewannabeXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 01:42 PM   #3 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 48607
Quote:
Originally Posted by HardcorewannabeXJ View Post
I've cut with it quite a lot on the machine, and it does a great job. I love the TD hand torch and their consumables, they cut really well. I wouldn't mind having one of these at my house for general hand work, especially for the price!
I ordered my machine yesterday and didn't even think to order any consumables. I guess i was too giddy in just buying it. Anyway, Are the consumables costly for the little tyke?
Old 04-06-2010, 02:43 PM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 84593
Send a message via AIM to HardcorewannabeXJ Send a message via MSN to HardcorewannabeXJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5trucks View Post
I ordered my machine yesterday and didn't even think to order any consumables. I guess i was too giddy in just buying it. Anyway, Are the consumables costly for the little tyke?
The consumables are the same as the other Thermal Dynamics machines. You can get them locally, or through us, we usually have a better deal with free shipping over a certain amount. Some 20 amp tips, and either 30/40 amp tips, would give you a good range on the machine. Basically a low and high range of cutting.

www.Torchmatestore.com
Old 04-06-2010, 07:11 PM   #5 (permalink)

Member # 141853
My boss got one a few days ago. Just remember it's a DRAG tip! We didn't, being typical males, just fired it up and started cutting- about 5mm off the metal, got really bad slag buildup. When we dragged it after we tried it, we got about a 1-1.5mm cut's and fairly clean on 5-6mm steel. We had a 40l 2.5hp compressor and it was running almost full duty cycle (If it dies, it's a warranty job anyways!). A belt drive 80l compressor is what we use now.

Great buy and we got ours cheap $950 AUD and it is fantastic for cutting! Just use a guide on heavier gauge steel.

Oh, it also burns through breeze blocks without the earth clamped on!
Oze30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 12:15 PM   #6 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 48607
Got mine today. It came in this huge box but when i picked it up i was surprised at how light it was. Opened up the box to find a carry case. I guess i never realized it would be as compact as it is. Everything looks to be there.
Attached Images

Last edited by 5trucks; 04-25-2010 at 08:04 PM.
5trucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 01:44 PM   #7 (permalink)

Member # 84593
I can't help you much with the electrical cord questions, as I'm not an electrician

As far as the filters question goes, it would depend on the filters. The filter at the back of the unit is not a water separator, and while it does collect a little moisture, it's not the intended purpose. If your other filters do have a water separator on them, then they should be enough to give you some fairly dry, clean air.