Short 2X2 Torchmate Cutting Video - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Vendor Forums > Torchmate CNC Forum
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2010, 02:58 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 157306
Short 2X2 Torchmate Cutting Video

I made a video of a few cuts - trying to dial this thing in. It still seems to not want to go back to zero. The second "foot" I cut had some holes in it and it moved back to a bogus zero position to do the outside cut, so it was off as shown on the video. It may be a software issue. Every screw, nut and bolt is tight on this thing.

See it here:
YouTube - CNC_Foot.wmv
cookwithgas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 07:24 AM   #2 (permalink)
Banned

Member # 152227
Just put one foot in front of the other
KTMER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 09:12 AM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 84593
Send a message via AIM to HardcorewannabeXJ Send a message via MSN to HardcorewannabeXJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by cookwithgas View Post
I made a video of a few cuts - trying to dial this thing in. It still seems to not want to go back to zero. The second "foot" I cut had some holes in it and it moved back to a bogus zero position to do the outside cut, so it was off as shown on the video. It may be a software issue. Every screw, nut and bolt is tight on this thing.

See it here:
YouTube - CNC_Foot.wmv

You can see at about 17 and 27 seconds in the video when it is rapid traveling, then back to zero that the machine starts to accelerate, then suddenly stops for a split second, and then deaccelerates and moves again. This is caused by the maximum feedrate being set too high and the machine is moving too quickly.

Looking at the video of your computer screen, you are using the default setup file that comes pre-installed with the Torchmate Drivers software, which is Torchmate.stp. In the 2x2 instructions it asks you to open the Torchmate2x2Plasma.stp off the CD in order to set the correct feedrates, and gear ratio. With the default setup file the problem you are experiencing is going to happen.
HardcorewannabeXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 09:48 AM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 157306
It works!

Thanks for the help! The new set up file off the CD did the trick. Working great now.
cookwithgas is offline   Reply With Quote