Plasma Font - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Vendor Forums > Torchmate CNC Forum
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2010, 02:53 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 147477
Plasma Font

Anyone using any plasma friendly fonts. I'm having a hell of a time drawing say a picture of a bear and wanting to insert some text. Once the text is inserted and you draw your small rectangle's and do a basic weld on the text everything seems to look like crap. I haven't spoken with tech but I think I will be giving them a call next week with a few questions with this and my plate marker. If anyone has plasma friendly fonts or knows where to get some feel free to chime in. Have a great weekend.

Gordo
Old 05-15-2010, 11:08 PM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 159825
I don't have a torchmate but I do have a fine arts background!!
As well as an obsession with typefaces. What kind of typeface does it use? Postscript or TTF? Having used a cutter before I would think you would want to stay away from anything overly complex or elegant which still leaves a lot of fonts to choose from.
WrenchNeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 05:26 AM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 145912
I use almost any standard font with for my plasma cnc machine. If there is an inner section that needs support I simply draw in some connector bars. Here is a pic of a recent sign for a horse stall. I guess I don't understand what the problem is? This is 14 gauge steel cut with a Hypertherm Powermax45. The drawing was done from a photo....I don't remember the font but is a standard True Type font that came with my computer.
Jim Colt
Attached Images

jimcolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 11:17 AM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 147477
Jim I totally see where you are coming from I was just wondering if someone had developed some plasma friendly fonts. I have cut my cottage sign and it's looks good except for some piece holes that are noticable from the lead in I put in. I am still very new to this so trial and error is huge for me right now. Thanks for all the input.

P.S. I'm lovin the Powermax 45

Gordo