powermax 45 misfire - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Vendor Forums > Torchmate CNC Forum
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2010, 02:06 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 156241
powermax 45 misfire

I'm running the powermax45 with a hand torch, and on a few of my programs it fires on its first rapid move! To my understanding it should only send the start signal once it see's a G01 right? Any idea as to why it would fire on its first rapid move? This seems to be the only place that it will misfire, the rest of the program is working fine. I have mine spliced inside the unit and not on the trigger by the way.
cnc4me is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-07-2010, 08:36 AM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 84593
Send a message via AIM to HardcorewannabeXJ Send a message via MSN to HardcorewannabeXJ
Are you running any special M-Code's in your software, or multiple tool execution commands? If you are not, I would almost expect it to be a problem with the wiring and when the machine physically moves it shorts a contact somewhere along the lines firing the torch. The software won't execute a tool on command in a standard G-code until it reaches a G01, G02, or G03 command.
HardcorewannabeXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-07-2010, 07:19 PM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 156241
No, no special M Codes. And as far as I can tell I have wired the unit as best as I could from the replies on how to do it, ( without actually being told exactly how too..... ) I hope I dont have to splice into the trigger handle an rewire there, I really like having the clean install and not having to worry about the wires traveling with the gantry.
Old 06-08-2010, 08:50 AM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 84593
Send a message via AIM to HardcorewannabeXJ Send a message via MSN to HardcorewannabeXJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnc4me View Post
No, no special M Codes. And as far as I can tell I have wired the unit as best as I could from the replies on how to do it, ( without actually being told exactly how too..... ) I hope I dont have to splice into the trigger handle an rewire there, I really like having the clean install and not having to worry about the wires traveling with the gantry.
Does this happen on Any code or DXF that you run? I can't see why the system would be telling it to fire before the first cutting move, but at the same time I can only see a wiring problem associated with motion cause the problem you are describing.

I can help eliminate the software question, if you were to build a support file from the Torchmate 3 software with the G-Code file you are having the problem with open, and email it to support@torchmate.com .
HardcorewannabeXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-08-2010, 05:49 PM   #5 (permalink)

Member # 156241
It even happens with the line speed test that came with the software. I'm only running DXF files, was thinking about trying some EPS files but I dont feel this is the issue. I wonder if I put in the M Code to turn off the plasma at the first rapid if that might keep it from misfiring?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.